war with Iran, what would it mean?

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: war with Iran, what would it mean?

Ra wrote:anything saying the U.S. is going to invade or because Obama uses a teleprompter.. he's a puppet is nothing but yet another cockoo conspiracy theory.

he hasn't withdrawn troops, he's substituted troops for contractors...and please don't call me cuckoo ( cuckoo i think is the word you was looking for). calling people like me who deal in reality "cuckoo" or any other type of name is admitting defeat because you cant counter what i said.
your the one living in a dream if you think Obama/Barry or whatever the hell his name is-cares for anyone but himself and his masters.

lets be clear about something, mainstream political parties are heads on the same hydra and nothing more, which is why 1 party will moan and whine when the other side does something but NEVER changes anything the previous mob of outlaws did when they were in power....unless you can give me evidence to the contrary?

anyways, there is more to this than just words.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Yep, and fluoride causes decay.. flu shots kill.. 9/11 was a conspiracy.. Roswell was an alien cover up.. the mafia killed Kennedy.. NWO.. Oh and I'm sure the Bilderberg group controls Obama/the world too? Wait no.. it must be the Freemasons who are behind everything. Someone has listened to the nut job Alex Jones a bit too much. I'd say that's worse for your health than sucking down pure fluoride.

:roll:
Death is the Road to Awe

Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Iran is the last country that might pose a threat to American expansionism in the that area. I don't think its a conspiracy, I think its as public as it can get.
Bias Admin colour
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator
ID: 0

Anyway guys... ignore all the crap that Avenger just wrote as truth and lets move on to the real issue.

How do they get the caramel in the caramel bar?
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

By bribing the caramel with something sweet...
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

Thriller wrote:Anyway guys... ignore all the crap that Avenger just wrote as truth and lets move on to the real issue.

How do they get the caramel in the caramel bar?

nuclear fusion?

war with iran would mean many dead iranianianians.

does look like the cyberwar is hotting up aye
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

LiQuiD wrote:war with iran would mean many dead iranianianians.

is it just Iranians that would die?

you guys have a short memory, the Iran/Iraq war lasted 8 years. it started in in 1980 with a western backed Saddam invasion of Iran, it only took Iran 2 years to regain all lost territories.

i realise the western powers are no Saddam or Iraq, but the fact remains that Saddam was backed by the west and for 6 of those 8 years, Iraq was fighting a defensive war.

they cant just "nuke" Iran, if an attack goes ahead they will have to invade, it will be a bloodbath on both sides.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

War with Iran, not anytime soon IMO

Yes Western powers dont like this fundamentalist regime and would like it destroyed.

Yes Iran has large Oil reserves which Western Oil companies want control of.

Yes they will be a major threat to the region when they gain nuclear capabilities.

BUT

The only justification that could work is if Iran attacked Israel and despite lots of big talk they are not stupid enough to do this.

The Iranian oil is currently sold to Russia and China who dont want Western governments/companies in control.

The cost in money and lives would be huge, no Western Government currently has the money or the support of it's voters for such action.

More likely is the Western powers will continue to support the anti-government groups in Iran in the hope they will rise up, and they can support a side they like in a civil war.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Mister Sandman
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Planet of Tatooine
Race: Sand People

it would mean,

More deaths
More money wasted

thats about it
Beware - The Sleeper Has Awoken
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

I`m not necesarily ruling out surgical strikes on Iranian nuclear instalations thoe by all acounts those are too guarded and dispersed for strikes to have major impacts. And you cant blow up working powerplants.

A war/invasion thoe?

Never going to happen.

For one Iran is 4x the size of Iraq with more than 2x its population. Revolutionary guard aint no pushover, their war with then western sponsored Itaq made sure of that. US has more than it can cope allready in iraq and afghanistan and a 3rd war will cause even more EU member states to just go "you know what, feck this nonsense, we`re out of here" and pull troops out. GL building another coalition of the willing after the Iraq lies too.

Secondly, Iran is not only a country with oil, it has the capacity to shut down Hormuz and 20% of worlds oil shipments. Added to that, they are the 2nd largest importer of oil to China. There is no way in heck military action will ever get sanctioned on the UN or other international level and even the US isnt that big of a cowboy to just waltz in nomatter what.

So I wouldnt worry. There is enough different intrests there to keep a war from happening.

Better focus our efforts on making israel stop its illegal setelments construction. Thoe its probably a long shot to stop that ethnic cleansing too heh...
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
DavyC
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Daimon :P

What if . . . now this is crazy enough it just might work . . . what if US and UK intelligence agencies staged a Coup d'etat on Iran to get the oil. That way there would be no need for an invasion.

Oh wait that's been done before. We all know how that ended because here we are at the present day.
Spoiler
stephen says (16:11):
wes "jt" mantooth is jealous cause their always 2nd best in the ratings
Trade feedback
Spoiler
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

Brdavs wrote:I`m not necesarily ruling out surgical strikes on Iranian nuclear instalations.

thats the thing. we could blow up anything they build as part of a weapons program. it wouldnt be popular, but if its necessary that doesnt matter. putting troops on the ground would be very bad. if i remember correctly, a casulty estimate for a strike on N korea was 100k US troops and many, many, many more koreans.

Brdavs wrote:And you cant blow up working powerplants.

lol yeh you can. try telling an american he cant blow something up. . . :-D

Brdavs wrote:For one Iran is 4x the size of Iraq with more than 2x its population. Revolutionary guard aint no pushover

aye, whole different prospect. but i think in a war/attack where occupation isnt the aim, they would be entirely outclassed. think of how israel bombed a syrian reactor. maybe the west will just let israel take care of the problem eh

MEZZANINE wrote:The cost in money and lives would be huge, no Western Government currently has the money or the support of it's voters for such action

aye, wouldnt be popular. the money can always be found for a war tho.

[KMA]Avenger wrote:is it just Iranians that would die?

in a war, no.
in an attack, maybe

there are always casualties in war. a surprising number of troops die in accidents etc outside of any warzone.
but with drones, missiles, stealth capability etc it would be possible to succeed without any losses.

if it comes down to it, we may have no choice but to attack them. regime change seems the only way (other than conflict or maybe united international pressure) to stop them. their leader says some truely scary things considering they come from one with his power and position.
Ghoul
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ghoul
ID: 1977000

Don't discount a full-scale war.

War is great for large war machines to increase local production and get spending and the economy going again.
The forces of Ghoul's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out spletstesser's Undercover Agents!.....With 156,771,387,021 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1360922 of spletstesser's Undercover Agents!
DavyC
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Daimon :P

Ghoul wrote:Don't discount a full-scale war.

War is great for large war machines to increase local production and get spending and the economy going again.

Last time that happened was during the Great Depression. Hasn't done much for the US or anybody as of late since western countries don't have the industries they used to. EG, the modern day "rust belt".

I love these war threads.
Spoiler
stephen says (16:11):
wes "jt" mantooth is jealous cause their always 2nd best in the ratings
Trade feedback
Spoiler
Ghoul
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ghoul
ID: 1977000

DavyC wrote:
Ghoul wrote:Don't discount a full-scale war.

Last time that happened was during the Great Depression. Hasn't done much for the US or anybody as of late since western countries don't have the industries they used to. EG, the modern day "rust belt".

I love these war threads.

Agree,

But a large part of that rust-belt (what is left of it) is going under and with massive unemployment you need something to get things going.
The forces of Ghoul's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out spletstesser's Undercover Agents!.....With 156,771,387,021 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1360922 of spletstesser's Undercover Agents!

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”