Peace

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Peace

The last few days (but not limited to) have been rather chaotic on the forums. I had a big part to play in that, but not a sole part. I acknowledge my part in it and that i was at times, childish, arrogant and many other things. Some times i was wrong, some times I was right. My behaviour at times is inexcusable, but never (well hardly ever) without reason.

The constant arguing and accusations is helping no situation, and frankly the users are fed up with it. i am fed up with it also.

I will make an effort from this point onwards not to complain so much, and to give constructive posts rather than picky ones.

I would however, in return, like such things from mods to cease:
Tetrismonkey wrote:Its fun making fun of you Clarkey, you really think I come on here and care anything about you? Hardly. Just something I do when I have some free time and wanna relax for a bit. Play SGW for a bit, come on the forums, argue with some nobodys and then go back to my life.

Its ok to admit you dont have much of one!

Tetrismonkey wrote:I wish to god I had the power to ban you Clarkey, the fact that we have to see you utter the tiresome words about mods are being biased. Mods are not doing there job. Im sorry Clarkey, are you feeling as though you can do a better job? Oh wait, you had your shot, and your lucky to even still have the right to post on here. BTW, I have every right in the world to call you out and bash you till the end of time. Why? Do you see me mistreating you as a mod? Hell, I dont even bother with you.

I gave you the best advice one can give to someone in your position, just stop posting.

Mods to stop picking on me. There aren't many that do it, but I wish those that do to stop.

I know some people want me off the forums, but that ain't going to happen. So I propose to stop the high level of complaining that i do around here and just generally join in with the community as normal, but if I am to make an effort to cease all this nonsense I'd like to see mods such as above to cease picking at me.

Again, i apologise for my behaviour of recent times. There's not much more I can do besides apologise.

I hope you accept this apology.
Image ImageImageImage
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

Re: Peace

Tetrismonkey wrote:From what I see, it looks as though a user is posting that and not a mod...

Usually mods have cool "colors" when they speak to you...

like the one your nick is coloured with?
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Hitchkok wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:From what I see, it looks as though a user is posting that and not a mod...

That, and mods in general use different colours from their normal speak if they're speaking as a mod and not as a regular user.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:I wish to god I had the power to ban you Clarkey, the fact that we have to see you utter the tiresome words about mods are being biased. Mods are not doing there job. Im sorry Clarkey, are you feeling as though you can do a better job? Oh wait, you had your shot, and your lucky to even still have the right to post on here. BTW, I have every right in the world to call you out and bash you till the end of time. Why? Do you see me mistreating you as a mod? Hell, I dont even bother with you.
You may be writing in non-mod colours but you might as well be writing in Blue colour there. You state you don't even bother with me as a Mod.

Eärendil wrote:Clarkey, my issue with you is simple.

You apologize every couple of weeks then you go RIGHT back to how you were acting before, within a week.
Bit of an exaggeration there, but still, let's see if I can change that this time round.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Deal!

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

So this is what.. a conditional apology? An apologetic ultimatum?
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

BenjaminMS wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:

That, and mods in general use different colours from their normal speak if they're speaking as a mod and not as a regular user.

Oh, I got that. The point I was making is that a mod is a mod even when not posting formal content. If behaving as expected of a mod is too much, he can always resign. Hiding behind the technicallity of "posting as a user"? Well, that's just cowardice.
Not that it matters anyhow. "Users are expected to speak courteously" remember? So it's a classic "Damned if I do (well, am), Damned if I don't (well, am not)"
But we've been over this.
oh, WTH. What do I care? Just go ahead and make the forums an unwelcoming place for users. Will make the mods' job a lot easier.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

As far as I'm concerned, genuine apologies don't come with conditions or justifications attached. This so-called apology is in the same vein as the ones you made shortly after you stopped being an admin; insincere, self-serving and half-hearted. I don't think you'll ever change.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
J I X
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Sigma

no clarkey carry on :(

i was hoping you'd get permenetly banned :lol:

then i wouldnt have to see your god awful topics every second day about you being mistreated :-"
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Lol let him try who knows lol if he doesn't do it he doesn't but everyone desereves a second chance and this is what he means people are jumping down his throat now not just mods but everyone now comeon guys we all make mistakes and seriously the temple was nuked I lost posts with the rest of you damn I spam more then most and did back then aswell :roll: I was pissed as much as the rest the only person or a few others taht deserve to hate Clarkey are people like Thal who lost tens of thousands of posts the rest oh come off it you lost a few K here and there oh wah I'm sorry but it's not that big of a deal and even then seriously it's a forum, I'm not backing Clarkey because I like him which I do even thought here are times I really would love to punch him in the mouth lol I'm backing him because this is exactly what he means... be men and women and forgive and forget, and Clarkster mate do the same no offense but you do do this alot, prove it, xD not that i can talk but prove it mate...

and Mordack your right it might not have been a full fleged heart felt appology but whe you know your not the only one in the wrong it's hard to do a full flegged appology... so let it go guys all of you... Please the forum is dying... can't we try and save it...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Hitchkok wrote:
BenjaminMS wrote:
Hitchkok wrote:

Oh, I got that. The point I was making is that a mod is a mod even when not posting formal content. If behaving as expected of a mod is too much, he can always resign. Hiding behind the technicallity of "posting as a user"? Well, that's just cowardice.
Not that it matters anyhow. "Users are expected to speak courteously" remember? So it's a classic "Damned if I do (well, am), Damned if I don't (well, am not)"
But we've been over this.
oh, WTH. What do I care? Just go ahead and make the forums an unwelcoming place for users. Will make the mods' job a lot easier.

Quoted for Truth
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:As far as I'm concerned, genuine apologies don't come with conditions or justifications attached. This so-called apology is in the same vein as the ones you made shortly after you stopped being an admin; insincere, self-serving and half-hearted. I don't think you'll ever change.
I see you are your cheeful usual self Mordack. I'd just like to say that this thread was first off an apology for my recent behaviour (recent being last month or so). Second off it was a cease fire of hostilities on my own side against the Mods and Administration.

I intend to put 101% effort in to this.

Never at any point did I say that I will do this if, and only if I get something in return. It is a fact that several Mods have come to me recently and spoken to me about this, and it is my view that if they wish me to cool down that I should expect something similar from certain mods.

But I will say it again, never did I say I would do this IF I get something in return. So no, there are no conditions or ultimatums attached to this apology. It is simple an apology and a cease fire of hostilities on my side.
Image ImageImageImage
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator

Tetrismonkey wrote:with a track record like yours clarkey, i doubt begging for something in return is going to happend. In time if you change, then perhaps some peoples opinions about you will to, but in the mean time, you need to prove you can keep to your word and refrain from acting like an attention seeking child.

Hey, look It's Mr. Kettles old friend; Mr. Pot.

How are you today Mr. Pot

*waves
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

no need to apologize some mods deserve to be attacked and Clarkey is one of the only smart people that can dish out what u guys dish us. (us= forum users)
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:with a track record like yours clarkey, i doubt begging for something in return is going to happend. In time if you change, then perhaps some peoples opinions about you will to, but in the mean time, you need to prove you can keep to your word and refrain from acting like an attention seeking child.
Thank you for your input in to my apology. I do however fail to see where i am begging for something in return. Anyway judge me in a month at the end of September when i will have shown you the other side of me.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”