Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Renegadez Ban by ~Empy

Rocky wrote:lastly his warning was unwarranted because no one in TL had spammed up the place.

Hence the word "preemptive" in the warning... Noone had spammed yet and he wanted to keep it that way...

The exact level of punishment for minor events of spam like that is being discussed, so please have a bit of patience... The mod team will come back to that issue once the discussion is finished, and inform you of any/all changes in policy...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Zeratul wrote:
Rocky wrote:lastly his warning was unwarranted because no one in TL had spammed up the place.

Hence the word "preemptive" in the warning... Noone had spammed yet and he wanted to keep it that way...

The exact level of punishment for minor events of spam like that is being discussed, so please have a bit of patience... The mod team will come back to that issue once the discussion is finished, and inform you of any/all changes in policy...

Zera, that pre-emptive warning was BS and you know it. The posts that happened before from TL-members in that topic showed no hint of hostility towards Fericide, and that certain topics in other parts of the forums derailed (btw, in said topics Empy was as much as guilty to it as were TL and Mh/Chaos), doesn't mean he needs to go nasty with warnings.

Edit: re-read it all and it is stupid #-o Empy does it, AGAIN. I thought for spamming you needed to judge the WHOLE of the post, not only just pick out the part that you don't like? ](*,)
Last edited by BenjaminMS on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

to the first part of your post, id like to redirect you to thamuz's post, but in all its not so important

But thanks for looking into it Zera, talk amongst yourselves in the mod forums :D
I know that mod decisions are a lot of the time difficult to solve as there will always be people with differing opinions, i certainly have mine :neutral:
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Eärendil wrote:I believe

Eärendil wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=173932&p=2192127#p2192127
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=173634&p=2192130#p2192130
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=173930&p=2191972#p2191972

I see at least 3 verbals given by Empy to knock it off throughout the forums, I know there are at least 1-3 more in a 2 day stretch.

And posting something from viewtopic.php?f=219&t=139434, well, it's already dug.

PS
I won't comment on me kissing you Jack, that's for tonight.

works here as well. Kthx.

Total BS, once more Earendil. This is so totally old Earendil, that I am not even going to explain to one to you anymore. Or wait... I will.... since someone needs to explain it to you it seems...
The first two links, refer to an certain bug-thread. :roll: That was because both sides were a bit fighting there.
The third one is of the GC-topic if I recall correctly, which doesn't fit on that topic the warning is about. :roll:

So unless you, Deni, Knight and Empy are trying to make the forums an playing field for Mayhem with home-advantage (which I am starting to believe), I'd rather see that you look better, closer and more from case to case, unless you want a complaint against you about bias. :roll: ](*,)
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

If you thought the first half of my post was spam then report it and a Global Mod or Market Mod will look at it. It in no way makes your case that Rene's post was not spam, so it is pointless being in this topic and is ironically spam itself.

The preemptive warning was not BS, why would think it was? TL saw fit to derail topics in the "Bugs" and "Released Updates" sub-sections so one would infer that they would see fit to do the same with a topic in "Black Listed Traders" that accused a member of MaYHeM (who they are at war with) of scamming. I'd already given several verbal warnings in topics in the GC and Bugs so I wasn't going to waste my time doing it there and made it clear I would not tolerate any replies that were spam. An example of such I expected was "lol, now mH have to scam to get their naq instead of with $$$ :lol:" among others, I think you get the point.

I'm quite sick of these topics being created and people saying "oh ya look at this post!" or "what about this completely unrelated thing?" If you think my posts were spam then report them and someone that isn't me will look at it and decide. Accusing me of spamming topics and apparently masterminding a plot to bait you all in to spamming so I could warn you because I hate you that much (because I have some unseen reason to?) is insanity.

If you think that every single even slightly off-topic post is always removed and given a board warning for then you're very mistaken. I can only say how I choose to Moderate I can't speak for others but I often leave anywhere from 2 to 4 off topic (slight to a little moderately off topic) posts in the topic. If you can't chat with your friends and have fun why come to the forums? Obviously there are times this is not appropriate and times it is but you will be told by a Mod if it's not appropriate before you're given a Board Warning.

As for thinking TL is being targeted for warnings more so than MaYHeM you're incorrect there as well. As previously stated by Deni, you don't know who was warned and where so don't think it's just TL and you're getting tons of warnings. Everyone does not break rules equally as well... as Jack said did you think that maybe MaYHeM simply adhere more to the rules while TL does not? They have more self-restraint than yourselves?

I don't know which of your arguments I have not addressed, I believe I covered most of your concerns. I'm just doing my job, I have nothing against TL whatsoever. If an Admin broke a rule I'd warn them. If a GM broke a rule I'd warn them. If a Section Mod broke a rule I'd warn them. If my best friend broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't know broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't like broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't like didn't break a rule... I wouldn't warn them.

If you have a problem with me because I am giving you warnings, the problem can be resolved by you no longer breaking the rules.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

These arguments seem familiar...

BenjaminMS wrote:So unless you, Deni, Knight and Empy are trying to make the forums an playing field for Mayhem with home-advantage (which I am starting to believe), I'd rather see that you look better, closer and more from case to case, unless you want a complaint against you about bias. :roll: ](*,)

Older complainee wrote:So unless you, Deni, Knight and Empy {you biased mods} are trying to make the forums an playing field for Mayhem {Fuall} with home-advantage (which I am starting to believe), I'd rather see that you look better, closer and more from case to case, unless you want a complaint against you about bias. :roll: ](*,)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Rocky
Tollan

grr back to the topic at hand???

Rene was warned for spamming correct?
all i was saying is that others have spammed as well, what makes them exempt from getting a warning?

Rocky
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Empy
Derper

Rocky wrote:grr back to the topic at hand???

Rene was warned for spamming correct?
all i was saying is that others have spammed as well, what makes them exempt from getting a warning?

Rocky
The fact that no Mod read the post or paid attention to it in a capacity to decide if it warrants a warning or not? Report function, use it pl0x. Don't assume we're (the Mods) omnipotent and have read and made a decision about every post and if it's not been removed and warned that such was decided.

Spoiler
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

[spoiler]
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:If you thought the first half of my post was spam then report it and a Global Mod or Market Mod will look at it. It in no way makes your case that Rene's post was not spam, so it is pointless being in this topic and is ironically spam itself.

The preemptive warning was not BS, why would think it was? TL saw fit to derail topics in the "Bugs" and "Released Updates" sub-sections so one would infer that they would see fit to do the same with a topic in "Black Listed Traders" that accused a member of MaYHeM (who they are at war with) of scamming. I'd already given several verbal warnings in topics in the GC and Bugs so I wasn't going to waste my time doing it there and made it clear I would not tolerate any replies that were spam. An example of such I expected was "lol, now mH have to scam to get their naq instead of with $$$ :lol:" among others, I think you get the point.

I'm quite sick of these topics being created and people saying "oh ya look at this post!" or "what about this completely unrelated thing?" If you think my posts were spam then report them and someone that isn't me will look at it and decide. Accusing me of spamming topics and apparently masterminding a plot to bait you all in to spamming so I could warn you because I hate you that much (because I have some unseen reason to?) is insanity.

If you think that every single even slightly off-topic post is always removed and given a board warning for then you're very mistaken. I can only say how I choose to Moderate I can't speak for others but I often leave anywhere from 2 to 4 off topic (slight to a little moderately off topic) posts in the topic. If you can't chat with your friends and have fun why come to the forums? Obviously there are times this is not appropriate and times it is but you will be told by a Mod if it's not appropriate before you're given a Board Warning.

As for thinking TL is being targeted for warnings more so than MaYHeM you're incorrect there as well. As previously stated by Deni, you don't know who was warned and where so don't think it's just TL and you're getting tons of warnings. Everyone does not break rules equally as well... as Jack said did you think that maybe MaYHeM simply adhere more to the rules while TL does not? They have more self-restraint than yourselves?

I don't know which of your arguments I have not addressed, I believe I covered most of your concerns. I'm just doing my job, I have nothing against TL whatsoever. If an Admin broke a rule I'd warn them. If a GM broke a rule I'd warn them. If a Section Mod broke a rule I'd warn them. If my best friend broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't know broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't like broke a rule I'd warn them. If someone I didn't like didn't break a rule... I wouldn't warn them.

If you have a problem with me because I am giving you warnings, the problem can be resolved by you no longer breaking the rules.
[/spoiler]
But thats the point Empy, we don't have a problem with you hence why we are not reporting your posts, are our posts being reported? Or are you just dishing out warnings without our posts being reported, either way if our posta are being reported and yours aren't would mean that we are being targeted would it not, and if there not being reported then your just targeting us but still doing the exact thing your giving warnings to others for. ~T~
Rocky
Tollan

done, lets see what happens now :-k
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Empy
Derper

~Thamuz~ wrote:[spoiler]
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:If you thought the first half of my post was spam then report it and a Global Mod or Market Mod will look at it. It in no way makes your case that Rene's post was not spam, so it is pointless being in this topic and is ironically spam itself.

[/spoiler]
But thats the point Empy, we don't have a problem with you hence why we are not reporting your posts, are our posts being reported? Or are you just dishing out warnings without our posts being reported, either way if our posta are being reported and yours aren't would mean that we are being targeted would it not, and if there not being reported then your just targeting us but still doing the exact thing your giving warnings to others for. ~T~
I'm sure some are, but I'm also sure that not all have been. Targeting would imply I make a point to read every post from people in TL and warn them even when barely breaking the rules if at all. If I happen to see something and it's breaking the rules I'll take action, I read all reports made (unless another Mod deals with it before me). I happen to read most posts made by TL and mH recently because I'm interested in the war. Again, TL are not the only ones being warned, MaYHeM are too, but they don't break the rules as often (based on warnings given).

Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Current complaint: Empy shouldn't have issued a pre-emptive warning yo

Answer: 1 wrong + 1 wrong = 2 wrongs, but more importantly, 0 rights. o7
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

Maybe everything not DIRECTLY related to rene's warning should be split off and put in the "Forum & Mod feedback" or "Talk to mods direct" sections? Really just because someone down the street shoots someone doesn't mean that the person on trial was justified when they shot someone...

Im surprised no warnings have happened yet considering this topic is completely derailed by mods and members alike :shock:
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Dr. House wrote:Current complaint: Empy shouldn't have issued a pre-emptive warning yo

Answer: 1 wrong + 1 wrong = 2 wrongs, but more importantly, 0 rights. o7

So, everybody is wrong? Why is the ban necessary? #-o
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I agree with the fundamental point which has been reissued repeatedly in this thread; questioning mod decisions in a thread has always been considered spam. Many of you have gone off on considerable tangents, but I believe the core of the issue boils down to that staple fact.

Given that both ombudsman are in agreement, and that this thread has turned into a trainwreck, I'll be closing it within the next twenty-four hours. If you can't contain your urge to add a 'final thought', then I'd recommend posting it during said time.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”