Archy slap him, send him to school cos I cant take nomore

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Archy slap him, send him to school cos I cant take nomore

Can some please explain to empy that discussion about surrendering an account and its exit from a war is ontopic in a war thread?
And that in that light its not his job to dictate what war related issue between interested parties ough be discussed where and how, but to make sure the thread is not obscenely derailed, spammed and abusive?

I`d suggest he leaves moderation of that thread to say earendil since he (empy), funnly enough, seems more emotionaly invested in the thing than the combatants themselves... and its showing on his modding.

Cheers.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Archy slap him, send him to school cos I cant take nomore

I have a mind to just lock this, but I won't because beyond that being just not right, you have a right to be told when you're wrong. I can do my job 100% and am never emotionally compromised or anything like that. You (TL) just hate me because I do my job.

READ THE RULES. You don't get to make them, ever, anywhere. It's my job to enforce them. Talking to Alpha in the MaYHeM/TL topic is off topic. You should use PMs/MSN to talk about it, as I said. I simply posted as much ... and you chose to ignore it.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Rocky
Tollan
Race: Italian Stallion

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I have a mind to just lock this, but I won't because beyond that being just not right, you have a right to be told when you're wrong. I can do my job 100% and am never emotionally compromised or anything like that. You (TL) just hate me because I do my job.

READ THE RULES. You don't get to make them, ever, anywhere. It's my job to enforce them. Talking to Alpha in the MaYHeM/TL topic is off topic. You should use PMs/MSN to talk about it, as I said. I simply posted as much ... and you chose to ignore it.

The account was sold from a Mayhem member to someone in alpha without surrendering, therefore the account is still in this war and thus it is related to that topic.

simples

Rocky
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Empy
Derper

Rocky wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I have a mind to just lock this, but I won't because beyond that being just not right, you have a right to be told when you're wrong. I can do my job 100% and am never emotionally compromised or anything like that. You (TL) just hate me because I do my job.

The account was sold from a Mayhem member to someone in alpha without surrendering, therefore the account is still in this war and thus it is related to that topic.

simples

Rocky
Well you may still be massing it and such, and may consider it in the war... but having a debate with Alpha about it in that topic is off topic. It would be more prudent to take issues such as that until they are decided upon to MSN/PMs.

I could honestly almost go to either side of the argument, and if Brdavs had made this topic INSTEAD of replying to my post and ignoring it you could've had a good chance of convincing me. Still do actually... Instead Brdavs just ignored it and replied anyways. Just that in itself is worthy of a "talking to" (verbal warning).

Spoiler
Brdavs
Forum Elder

I`m gonna send you basically what I PMed you.

Its a discussion about an ex mayhem account still in war with TL.

Its your job to police for profanity, abuse and blatant off topicness.

Not to dictate to us when our interests start or end. When we`re at war with whom and where and how to discuss its end. If we want to do it in the GC forum and in public instead of on MSN where you think it should be done thats our decision. Thats why GC is there for.

Its a legit discussion on a mh-TL-alpha (as third party with a legit interest) relation pertaining circumstances directly resulting from the war that topic is about. Were discussing if that account is still at said war.

I ask again.

How exactly does that not belong there?

And I PMed you. I did not reply to that post cos I got a verbal warning and I expected pushing further to result in a proper one. I believe there is also a "dont discuss modding" policy in effect, no?
Last edited by Brdavs on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage For Rome!

Rocky
Tollan

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:

simples

Rocky
Well you may still be massing it and such, and may consider it in the war... but having a debate with Alpha about it in that topic is off topic. It would be more prudent to take issues such as that until they are decided upon to MSN/PMs.

I could honestly almost go to either side of the argument, and if Brdavs had made this topic INSTEAD of replying to my post and ignoring it you could've had a good chance of convincing me. Still do actually... Instead Brdavs just ignored it and replied anyways. Just that in itself is worthy of a "talking to" (verbal warning).

a member of alpha posted in the thread about the account which was in our war, r8 then replied to him about the account which is in the war, see all war related.
The fact that a member of alpha is talking to a member of TL about an account in our war, is completely on topic, it may be not directly talking about us fighting but its a part of our war, and to be discussing it in our thread can't exactly be taken as spamming, or off topic talk. if you post in the thread something that doesn't make sense or is wrong, why does he have to follow it? the mods are there to enforce the rules not make them up.

and this is posted in the mod feedback, so it is here so that brdavs can let you know how he feels and so that you don't make the same mistake again...hopefully.

edit: Brdavs basically said it :razz:
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Empy
Derper

Can I just respond here?

Brdavs wrote:Its an ex mayhem account still in war with TL.

Not to dictate to us when our interests start or end.

Its a legit discussion on a mh-TL-alpha (as third party with a legit interest) relation pertaining circumstances directly resulting the war that topic is about. Were discussing if that account is still at war.

I ask again.

I'm saying, Alpha Allegiance is not a part of the MaYHeM/TL war. If you want to talk to Alpha HC about an account in their alliance being at war, you need to do it in Private Messages or on MSN. Not in that topic. If the person who now owns the account wants to post and act like they're in MaYHeM or are a 3rd party or something like that... because you say they're still in the war then fine.

Talking to Alpha Allegiance is NOT on topic though.

Spoiler
Empy
Derper

Rocky wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Rocky wrote:

simples

Rocky

a member of alpha posted in the thread about the account which was in our war, r8 then replied to him about the account which is in the war, see all war related.
The fact that a member of alpha is talking to a member of TL about an account in our war, is completely on topic, it may be not directly talking about us fighting but its a part of our war, and to be discussing it in our thread can't exactly be taken as spamming, or off topic talk. if you post in the thread something that doesn't make sense or is wrong, why does he have to follow it? the mods are there to enforce the rules not make them up.

and this is posted in the mod feedback, so it is here so that brdavs can let you know how he feels and so that you don't make the same mistake again...hopefully.

I'm not making up rules, read them and you might understand. He can't respond because there is an appropriate place to contradict me, and we can discuss it, ignoring what I said as a Mod and just assuming he is right for whatever reason, is going to get him warned. He has to follow it because I enforce the rules here, not him. He can certainly make this topic here and we can talk about it, and we can solve the issue.

Sorry for the double post but ... I responded before either of you posted again.

Spoiler
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Rocky wrote:a member of alpha posted in the thread about the account which was in our war, r8 then replied to him about the account which is in the war, see all war related.

I want to reply to the coloured part of your post Rocky as I do not want anyone to take your advice and get themselves unneeded warnings.

If a mod asks you to stop doing something (be it spam or talking of a specific matter) please do as he asks you to. Not complying will only lead to warnings that can be avoided.

If you do not agree with him, then please do as Bardvs did and post in the designated sections so the issue can be discussed.

Following Rocky's advice to ignore the mod posts if you do not agree with them is thus not a good idea.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Can I just respond here?

Brdavs wrote:Its an ex mayhem account still in war with TL.

Not to dictate to us when our interests start or end.

Its a legit discussion on a mh-TL-alpha (as third party with a legit interest) relation pertaining circumstances directly resulting the war that topic is about. Were discussing if that account is still at war.

I ask again.

I'm saying, Alpha Allegiance is not a part of the MaYHeM/TL war. If you want to talk to Alpha HC about an account in their alliance being at war, you need to do it in Private Messages or on MSN. Not in that topic. If the person who now owns the account wants to post and act like they're in MaYHeM or are a 3rd party or something like that... because you say they're still in the war then fine.

Talking to Alpha Allegiance is NOT on topic though.

Look, its a dispute on the relation TL said account. As far as TL is for now concerned the account never exited the mh TL war. Where it ended is irrelevant untill that is resolved. Since the alliance where it ended up has a legitimat intrest to see the matter resolved its logical and natural to include it in the discussion.

Its standard in legal practice (a procedure used in a lawsuit by which the court allows a third person who was not originally a party to the suit to become a party, by joining with either the plaintiff or the defendant.) cos it makes common sense and is the most practical.

Now I know this forum isnt exactly a courtroom but is the stance of administration that the notoriously overcomplex, unlifelike, rigid and all round silly legal procedures are opperating under more common sense than these forums?

Do we really have to start a new thread about that discussion cos its "spam" in the existing war thread? Really? Does that sound a logical thing to do to anyone? We cant have an exchange for a page or two till its sorted out in a 82 page beast instead? If it spirals into an alpha/TL war (which wont happen lol) we`ll start a new one, you have my word lol.
ImageImage For Rome!

Brdavs
Forum Elder

Eärendil wrote:Personally, judging from

~Massin4Christ~ wrote:
R8 TDL wrote:
[SlayerS_fith] wrote:i beleive Ed's account will be entering Alpha.
regardless of its Previous actions if the account no longer Attacks TL then i expect the same.

um not quiet as easy as that. whoever the new owner of the account is, knew full well what he was buying.

that account (note i say account) caused alot of damage in our war with mayhem and selling it on does not give it a free pass out of this war.

Same as the server war... Huh? Seriously? FUALL let TTF accounts run free after they sold... Many ended up coming back into the war several times...

Now someone from Alpha with no intentions of harm to TL buys an account from mH... Let him go...

I don't see any interest in...

Brdavs wrote:Look, its a dispute on the relation TL said account. As far as TL is for now concerned the account never exited the mh TL war. Where it ended is irrelevant untill that is resolved. Since the alliance where it ended up has a legitimat intrest to see the matter resolved its logical and natural to include it in the discussion.

There, the underlined part.

You dont think alpha has a legitimate interest to ensure the account in their alliance isnt marked as "enemy of the empire" as they like to put it and is thereby considered a target?

I beg to differ.

I also dont know why TTF/FUA regirgutation is not deemed spam yet my post and others pertaining to the situation at hand somehow are lol. What exactly went through empys mind there?

"oh this post is discussing a war that ended a year ago. Ok. Ah this post is discussing how this account should/could/would be allowed out of the war its in. SPAM!"

lol?
ImageImage For Rome!

Empy
Derper

It was spam... that is why I posted. The entire reason I posted was because of the posts the like of which Matt quoted. The discussions was to be ended, and I said as much. Yet you ignored me and continued it anyways, therefore I removed your post.

Spoiler
Brdavs
Forum Elder

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:It was spam... that is why I posted. The entire reason I posted was because of the posts the like of which Matt quoted. The discussions was to be ended, and I said as much. Yet you ignored me and continued it anyways, therefore I removed your post.

And I am here arguing that discussion up to that point alongside my post is infact ontopic.

In my post I said as much plus stated my personal belief that accounts in this situation should in my personal opinion not be pursued and commented on alphas handling of simmilar situations when the tables are turned.

And I am still to hear a convincing reason why this topic requires a sperate thread and why that would be a good idea.

Infact I bet that if a new thread about this account alone and his continued/ended involvment in the mh-tl war was opened it would have been merged into the war thread by some other mod looking to clear GC off the clutter. And you all know it. Thats why the "command" of empy was to take it to MSN and not to split the thread. But last I checked, dictating whats forum and whats MSN worthy is not part of his job description.
Last edited by Brdavs on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage For Rome!

Rocky
Tollan

deni wrote:
Rocky wrote:a member of alpha posted in the thread about the account which was in our war, r8 then replied to him about the account which is in the war, see all war related.

I want to reply to the coloured part of your post Rocky as I do not want anyone to take your advice and get themselves unneeded warnings.

If a mod asks you to stop doing something (be it spam or talking of a specific matter) please do as he asks you to. Not complying will only lead to warnings that can be avoided.

If you do not agree with him, then please do as Bardvs did and post in the designated sections so the issue can be discussed.

Following Rocky's advice to ignore the mod posts if you do not agree with them is thus not a good idea.

Why should anyone follow something if the mod is asking something that is not in the rules we have agreed to abide by? For example in this case if the mod ask someone to discuss something ontopic elsewhere, why do it elsewhere?

thats the way ive done it all this time and Im not 100% sure, but i don't think ive ever been warned so..... ](*,)
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Rocky wrote:
deni wrote:

Why should anyone follow something if the mod is asking something that is not in the rules we have agreed to abide by? For example in this case if the mod ask someone to discuss something ontopic elsewhere, why do it elsewhere?

thats the way ive done it all this time and Im not 100% sure, but i don't think ive ever been warned so..... ](*,)

I won't comment further on your post, as I do not see to derail the topic.

I will just stress out again, that not following a moderator's order will get you a warning.

I hope that is clear now.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”