Your New Ombudsman Team!!

Ombudsman Case Archives
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Re: Your New Ombudsman Team!!

thanks for the warm welcome everyone,
I know there are some doubters out there, and i fully expected that, all i can say to those is that we will have to prove ourselves to them, by showing you how we handle our new responsibilities.

Rocky
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Rocky wrote:The election results are out and I'm very pleased to say we have been elected to serve as the new Ombudsman team.
Congratulations to both of you. I'd say you won fair and square, but I think we all know people tactically voted to prevent Jack from getting in again.

Having said that I'm sure you will do a good job to the best of your abilities.

Comon bro, that is kinda not fair... No body voted in a way to save it from Jack... and to say that is low...
Did you read the post before yours? It confirms what i said....

Also I don't doubt Rocky and Kojak.
Image ImageImageImage
knight
The Lulz

R8 TDL wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:I disaprove of you 2, well, mainly Rocky being Ombudsman. You have alot of ground to make up after after the recent incident. Lets see how well you can do...

who cares if you do :roll:

let them get on with it

good luck

Way to be mature. :roll:

Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

RoKeT wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Rocky wrote:The election results are out and I'm very pleased to say we have been elected to serve as the new Ombudsman team.
Congratulations to both of you. I'd say you won fair and square, but I think we all know people tactically voted to prevent Jack from getting in again.

Having said that I'm sure you will do a good job to the best of your abilities.

Comon bro, that is kinda not fair... No body voted in a way to save it from Jack... and to say that is low... and honestly a lot of people were worried about you too... and I was torn between the both of you honestly lol I like how Jack did his Ombudsman, and think he was VERY fair, but i know you would have done a good job... but if anything they voted for Rocky and Koji, to avoid both you and Jack not just Jack lol I must be weird because you two were the two I really wanted to vote for xD

Nah, you're not weird. It was less of a vs Jack thing and more of a TL vs everybody thing. I don't know if you noticed, but like ten votes in a row for Rocky and Kojak all came from TL guys. ;)
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Or maybe it was a Kojak for Omb. thing ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
Dr. House wrote:I think someone is a bit sore they didn't win. :razz:
I'm not sore at all. I never expected to win. It's just a shame it was a tactical vote rather than who people think can do the best job.

I caan say from DDE all who voted did so according to who they thought would do the best job. Nothing tactical about that ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Dr. House wrote:I think someone is a bit sore they didn't win. :razz:
I'm not sore at all. I never expected to win. It's just a shame it was a tactical vote rather than who people think can do the best job.

I caan say from DDE all who voted did so according to who they thought would do the best job. Nothing tactical about that ;)

I love the New Sig JT :)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Jedi~Tank wrote:Or maybe it was a Kojak for Omb. thing ;)

No, they admitted they made their people vote for Rocky.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Dr. House wrote:

IF thats true, this Election was bull... and should be looked into...
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

It does make sense when you look at it. Also, a lot of votes went to Rocky/Kojak because of that incident with Ear and Empy and SS. Afterall that is obvious why for example BenjaminMS voted them because he clearly voiced his objections to the behaviour of those staff..... yet that's not the right thing to do is it.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I caan say from DDE all who voted did so according to who they thought would do the best job. Nothing tactical about that ;)
Don't make me laugh JT.... you say that because you what? Trust them all? Trust means not much on an internet forum. Don't tell me you know everything what everyone in DDE is thinking and doing.

Other things that are strange is why do people switch from those they nominate to someone else in voting? Like Robe and The Cardinal nominated C2/JT, yet upon successfully getting through to votes they nominate someone different.

On the other hand, there are lots of people that nominated but didn't vote. It's a concern why more people didn't vote. Is it because they don't think the role of Ombudsman is worth having, did they not think any of the nominees were capable? Or do they not care about it enough to take a second and vote.

There's lots of holes that can be picked in votes like this. But there's not much point. Rocky and Kojak won, let them have their 6 months. I'm sure they will do a good job. Time will tell. Maybe voting will be done differently next time, things change because of past experiences. Arguments about this could go on all day, but it's time to let this settle down so that Rocky and Kojak can fully concentrate on the task at hand.
Image ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I'll agree with those who suggest we move on...

Congratulations to the winners, the voters, and the Forum users.

May I politely suggest we lock this thread before we are in need of Rocky and Kojak's services?

Thanks,

Dublin Warrior
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

RoKeT wrote:
Dr. House wrote:

IF thats true, this Election was bull... and should be looked into...

That's an LOL. Why should it be looked into? We just decided as a whole that we'd support our alliance mate. So what?

Clarkey wrote:It does make sense when you look at it. Also, a lot of votes went to Rocky/Kojak because of that incident with Ear and Empy and SS. Afterall that is obvious why for example BenjaminMS voted them because he clearly voiced his objections to the behaviour of those staff..... yet that's not the right thing to do is it.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I caan say from DDE all who voted did so according to who they thought would do the best job. Nothing tactical about that ;)
Don't make me laugh JT.... you say that because you what? Trust them all? Trust means not much on an internet forum. Don't tell me you know everything what everyone in DDE is thinking and doing.

Other things that are strange is why do people switch from those they nominate to someone else in voting? Like Robe and The Cardinal nominated C2/JT, yet upon successfully getting through to votes they nominate someone different.

On the other hand, there are lots of people that nominated but didn't vote. It's a concern why more people didn't vote. Is it because they don't think the role of Ombudsman is worth having, did they not think any of the nominees were capable? Or do they not care about it enough to take a second and vote.

There's lots of holes that can be picked in votes like this. But there's not much point. Rocky and Kojak won, let them have their 6 months. I'm sure they will do a good job. Time will tell. Maybe voting will be done differently next time, things change because of past experiences. Arguments about this could go on all day, but it's time to let this settle down so that Rocky and Kojak can fully concentrate on the task at hand.

As for you Clarkey, I'd have voted for Rocky anyway - certainly seeing as how Jack and Caprila treated those asking questions. I'd could say a lot, but it would just be a waste of words.... people are allowed to change their minds, no?

@ Kojak&Rocky: good luck you both, may you have a good time where you can treat everyone fair and square, no matter the alliance or background :)
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

BenjaminMS wrote:We just decided as a whole that we'd support our alliance mate. So what?
That's the wrong statement to make. You say you all based your vote on the fact they were your alliance mate as opposed to who can actually do the job the best out of all candidates.
Image ImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Clarkey wrote:
BenjaminMS wrote:We just decided as a whole that we'd support our alliance mate. So what?
That's the wrong statement to make. You say you all based your vote on the fact they were your alliance mate as opposed to who can actually do the job the best out of all candidates.

Does it matter? We voted for them, and you can't change that. The votes are valid, there is no rule that votes are unvalid if any other reason else then best for the job was behind the vote. Even so, I thought of all alternatives, R&K were the best.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

BenjaminMS wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Does it matter? We voted for them, and you can't change that.
To people that actually care about the system yes it does matter.

You have just proven further that this role should be undertaken by someone with no association to the game. You have also just proven that you and others cannot seperate Ombudsman and ingame as you have stated you and others voted due to an ingame relationship.

No the result can't be changed, but it does matter.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Case Archives”