The Walking Dead

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: The Walking Dead

The "other" ones I speak of are movies, and even the anime "Highschool of the Dead" had better gore than this to a degree. The story line is good, but the beginning made me chuckle a bit because it made me remember 28 Days Later.

For some reason, this show seems a bit slow at times. It doesn't really grip me as other TV shows, or even movies do. I'll continue to watch it but I hope it picks up the pace with what they plan on doing rather than so much talking all the time.

Perhaps I'm just crazy.
~Angell~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: BAU-Leader
Race: ~Seraphim~
ID: 50270
Alternate name(s): God, Gen. Chewy

Noobert wrote:The "other" ones I speak of are movies, and even the anime "Highschool of the Dead" had better gore than this to a degree. The story line is good, but the beginning made me chuckle a bit because it made me remember 28 Days Later.

For some reason, this show seems a bit slow at times. It doesn't really grip me as other TV shows, or even movies do. I'll continue to watch it but I hope it picks up the pace with what they plan on doing rather than so much talking all the time.

Perhaps I'm just crazy.

actually i agree
VeNoM56k
Forum Expert
Race: Demon Lord
ID: 1905994

Noobert wrote:The "other" ones I speak of are movies, and even the anime "Highschool of the Dead" had better gore than this to a degree. The story line is good, but the beginning made me chuckle a bit because it made me remember 28 Days Later.

Perhaps I'm just crazy.

because the show doesnt focus on the zombies like most zombie genre things, its focusing on the survivors for once, which imo makes it ok to be slow at times, it gives us more time to learn the characters, which is something you dont get often in a zombie thing.
Drink till you can't drink anymore, then drink some more

Click Here For My
Trade Feedback
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

It always focuses upon the survivors, but they usually have to fight the Zombie's more occasionally.

Long story short though - I wonder where the missing hand guy is at. :P
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

your assestment of 28 days later, humors me noobert, that was exactly my thoughts when I starting watching it. The friend I was with chuckled when I said it cause he was just thinking the same thing :P Later me and him discovered its acually based of a comic book series which is alot better. I dont mind the slow parts from time to time as it acually has alot of interesting characters. What I found really interesting is when winter comes in the comics and Im intrigued to see what they do in the show with that as they already kinda messed up in episode 1, but we will see :D
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Eärendil wrote:Rate it noobert on a scall of 1-10 for me, you have decent judgement for being a Canuck.

When I watched the first six episodes, I was very intrigued at the plot line and the basis of AMC not producing **Filtered** and showing good movies constantly. I'd give this show a hard 7 but with that edge of easily jumping to a 10 or falling to not even worth watching. This show has the possibility to be one of the best TV shows like House, or Stargate/BSG.

It walks a fine edge, although I'd definitely recommend this show to at least watch for a bit to see how it develops.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

If it follows the basic plot of the comic the second season should be a real belter. Im concerned already however, that they are going to true blood this one up, try and make it all sexy and not grainy and gritty. That worked on thats how because of the audiance and the show it is. It wont work on this. We need more violence... And more death!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Finally got around to downloading and watching this after several people recommended it, surprised it was only 6 episodes, guess they were testing the water to see if it worked before committing to more.

Not many good characters yet, most seem to be canon fodder just waiting to be eaten by the zombies, but the few good ones do work well and Im sure they will find more along their travels. Script is average at best, and the plots a bit weak, but it is well filmed.

Like Noobert, I wonder what happened to the guy with one hand, a great actor & character who didnt get much screentime.

Overall, good entertainment, but dont expect to much, this aint 28 Days Later or Res Evil 1 for action, and it dont make up for lack of action or originality with any deep plots or witty banter.

Mezz says 6/10

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

Hooray for season two.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Great opener. Lots of Zombies and nice to see some guts spill. XD I enjoyed the opening. It didn't seem epic, but that's because it's not meant to. It got what the WD universe is about back into perspective quite nicely and has set up some more story for the rest of the coming episodes.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

what i like is how they seem so much more at ease at the killing of the walkers, and a bit more systematic at it (church scene)

ah...off to the farm ......
Easy^ Rocks
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I still want to know what the guy said to him last season before he blew the place up...I liked the first show of the second season lots of zombies and it just seems to have picked up where it left of last season.
I know i moan alot about familys in shows but this show does not shove it down your throat most of the episode like other shows and it also has killer zombies who want to eat you so thats a win :-D
If anybody reads the comics and knows what the guy said in the CDC to Frank let me know as it's doing my head in :smt043
VeNoM56k
Forum Expert
Race: Demon Lord
ID: 1905994

nightlight wrote:I still want to know what the guy said to him last season before he blew the place up...I liked the first show of the second season lots of zombies and it just seems to have picked up where it left of last season.
I know i moan alot about familys in shows but this show does not shove it down your throat most of the episode like other shows and it also has killer zombies who want to eat you so thats a win :-D
If anybody reads the comics and knows what the guy said in the CDC to Frank let me know as it's doing my head in :smt043

I never read the comics but i have a theory on what he said to him.

[spoiler]The guy took blood samples from them to see if they were infected, which none of them were, i think that Lori is pregnant and it showed in the blood test, and that was what he told rick. Which would also mean that the baby is not his, it would be shanes. Would make for a good episode. Just a theory though.[/spoiler]
Drink till you can't drink anymore, then drink some more

Click Here For My
Trade Feedback
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

VeNoM56k wrote:
nightlight wrote:I still want to know what the guy said to him last season before he blew the place up...I liked the first show of the second season lots of zombies and it just seems to have picked up where it left of last season.

I never read the comics but i have a theory on what he said to him.

[spoiler]The guy took blood samples from them to see if they were infected, which none of them were, i think that Lori is pregnant and it showed in the blood test, and that was what he told rick. Which would also mean that the baby is not his, it would be shanes. Would make for a good episode. Just a theory though.[/spoiler]

in the comic ricks son kills shane so its fallowing the comic but not completely. agree about lori thou
Easy^ Rocks
Ron Burgandy
Forum Expert
Alliance: FS
Race: San Deiagans
ID: 96625

I was actually tense watching the start of the 1st episode, thats the kind of tv that you want

Return to “The TV room”