Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Re: Jesse Venture BP OIL Episode.

Ventura is a nutjob, sleep safely.
Death is the Road to Awe

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

the real conspiracy "theorists" are those that think things just happen all by themselves, that our leaders care about us and that bankers are looking after our cash out of the pure goodness of their hearts....

ain't we the lucky generation that has those kinds of people looking after us!

the real "nutjobs" of the world are those that refuse to pay attention and are quick to call people names because they have no idea how to either comprehend information which is contrary to their beliefs, and have no idea how to counter such information and talk from a point of ignorance...oh "TPTB" love you more than you know 8)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular
Alliance: V For Victory
Race: Human
ID: 0

Ra wrote:Ventura is a nutjob, sleep safely.

Is that your professional opinion?

Even if he was a "Nutjob", that alone does not discredit the information presented in the show...

If you want me to sleep soundly, please attack the information presented not the person giving you said information...

Is June Sarpong a "nutjob" too? This lady holds an MBE... Why would she involve herself in this if it was nonsense?

Please expand on your reasoning for such a statement.

Has anyone heard of the normalcy bias?

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Are you suffering from normalcy bias?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

lol... I probably am... oh well. :-k

I swing widely between times of paranoia and normalcy bias... :)
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

All clean up workers from the exxon valdez spill are all either dead or dying.

The culprit is corexit 9500...

Not to mention a few of the other toxic substances thrown in to the clean up for good meassure.

Such as Mercury, Arsenic, Cadmium, Chromium, please explain how this helps clean up this mess BP....?

What about the occurances of large scale fish kills that are happening in the gulf region?

There was information that the rig was about to blow and nothing was done to stop it.

Why wasn't an acoustic switch employed as is standard procedure on most rig to remote activate the well cap before a blow out happens?

The clean up company Boots & Coots was purchased by Halliburton 11 days before the rig blew. As we know D ick Cheney (Former Trilateral Commission chairman) had his grubby little fingers in the Halliburton pie.

The gulf is to become the largest oil refinery in the US, The elites own personal toxic dumping ground.

Then we get to the effects on the gulf stream...

I wonder why the UK is getting its coldest winter in almost 30 years?

Also why is it snowing in the Australian summer?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I'm not gonna constructively contribute but...

If you're talking about Jesse Ventura the former Governor of Minnesota then, he was a good Governor, but after that he went craaazzzyyyyy. I've seen his show two times I think and it's beyond ridiculous. There are better sources than this crazy guy.

What he said.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

One of the most interesting things about conspiracy theories is sometimes they can serve government in a good way. For example recent declassified documents showed that Area 51 intentionally used aircraft's in a manner which would be sited as UFOs to get additional funding funneled to them.

One of my favorite reads of all time ill quote, cause this guys is rational and amazing :)
When some people hear the word "conspiracy" they start thinking of a tinfoil hat crowd and invoke images of space aliens, paranoia, or a variety of cults and nonsense. Well there are a lot of wacky conspiracies about many things but that does not mean that conspiracies don't or can't happen. For example, the Iran Contra Affair was a massive government conspiracy hidden from the press and public for years. It happened in my life time and it involved billions of dollars and multiple countries. This was a case where one part of the government did not know what another part of the government was doing. Thousands of people were killed, mulitple countries in Central America as well as Iran and Israel were involved and yet it was kept as a total secret from the media or perhaps by the media for years. Not only was it possible to hide this from the public but most of our own government was unaware of what covert activies were being done by the small cabal inside it and the CIA. Likewise much of the CIA didn't even know what a compartment in the CIA was doing. Many of the players forced to testify to the Wlash Commission avoided trouble and were allowed to continue to be in government or are still currently serving now. The CIA as well as Manucher Ghorbanifar and the Israeli hawk Michael Ledeen funded their activities with illegal drug and arms sales. The blackmarket weapons trade and the sale of illegal drugs such as cocaine and heroin are rutine methods to finance black ops. In fact the some of the same people Michael Ledeen and Ghorbanifar have themselves neck deep in the niger forgeries which acted as a central lie to create a pre-inavsion WMD propaganda in order to start a war with Iraq.

The Iran Contra has since been admitted to but many of the people involved did not get into trouble. They were given presidential pardons either by Bush Sr. or Bill Clinton. Most of them still have jobs and are working in the government right now! A lead investigator into Iran Contra who gave many of the key suspect immunity, was Lee Hamilton, he was late chose to be part of the 911 commission. It is a stone cold fact that known Iran Contra criminals who were part of that conspiracy are working in the government right now. The CIA and Mossad have gotten away with countless covert operations and false flags. There are too many to name. So for those who think a covert operation or conspiracy can't happen, you need to open a history book, or at the very least start doing some online research. You can not assume that these terrible things will be on the TV news. History shows the opposite. The Main Stream Media in the US sides with the liars. They acted as nothing but propaganda in the build up to war with Iraq. Each talking head gave the pentagon approved account and dissenting voices were ignored and smeared. So to reject conspiracies as a whole just because there are some kooks who think the moon landing was fake or Elvis is still alive etc is no reason to just reject the concept all together. I have had people tell me conspiracies never work and that they can't be done because someone always snitches. Well that argument just does not float in reality. There are way too many counter examples of successful conspiracies and Hoaxes.

One thing I really wanna attempt and do, and I'm really considering. Is watching a episode and taking notes, doing my own research & through investigation, and comparing what i find to that of JV's findings. But personally I think it's idiotic to just dismiss whats being considered cause the guy seems "crazy", so **Filtered** what? So did Albert Einstein and Nickola Tesla, whats your **Filtered** point?
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Andrew Carnegie wrote:I'm not gonna constructively contribute but...

If you're talking about Jesse Ventura the former Governor of Minnesota then, he was a good Governor, but after that he went craaazzzyyyyy. I've seen his show two times I think and it's beyond ridiculous. There are better sources than this crazy guy.

What he said.

before i counter, Ifrit has done a great job already...

anyways, remember one thing, JV has has to do the show in the format he chose because if it was done as just another documentary people would have turned off. i find the show patronizing because i already know what's being said and much more besides...but the average Joe sitting at home doesn't know anything about what's JV is talking about so he chose a format for the show that could keep people watching and get them started in their own education.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

I think people enter a type of shock when confronted with a conspiracy so big.

Read the passage in my sig for a better understanding.

This episode could yet be pulled off air. The police state episode has been removed from trutv due to government pressure.

Heres the link for anyone interested in viewing this episode, but hurry before it disappears entirely:-

Police state/Fema Camps

Regards Snake
Last edited by Alpha13snake on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

Sick Gulf Residents Beg Officials for Help
By Dahr Jamail
Cherri Foytlin, co-founder of Gulf Change, at a rally at the state capital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, October 2010. / Credit:Erika Blumenfeld
Cherri Foytlin, co-founder of Gulf Change, at a rally at the state capital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, October 2010.

Credit:Erika Blumenfeld

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana, Jan 14, 2011 (IPS) - In an emotionally charged meeting this week sponsored by the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, fishermen, Gulf residents and community leaders vented their increasingly grave concerns about the widespread health issues brought on by the three-month-long disaster.

"Today I'm talking to you about my life," Cherri Foytlin told the two commissioners present at the Jan. 12 meeting. "My ethylbenzene levels are 2.5 times the 95th percentile, and there's a very good chance now that I won't get to see my grandbabies…What I'm asking you to do now, if possible, is to amend [your report]. Because we have got to get some health care."

Ethylbenzene is a form of benzene present in the body when it begins to break down. It is also present in BP's crude oil.

"I have seen small children with lesions all over their bodies," Foytlin, co-founder of Gulf Change, a community organisation based in Grand Isle, Louisiana, continued.

"We are very, very ill. And dead is dead. So it really doesn't matter if the media comes back… or the president hears us, or… if the oil workers and the fishermen and the crabbers get to feed their babies and maybe have a good Christmas next year… Dead is dead…I know your job is probably already done, but I'd like to hire you if you don't mind. And God knows I can't pay you. But I need your heart. And I need your voice."

Toxic Symptoms

Many of the chemicals present in the oil and dispersants are known to cause the following health problems:

Headaches, nausea, vomiting, kidney damage, altered renal functions, irritation of the digestive tract, lung damage, burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, pulmonary edema, cancer, lack of muscle coordination, dizziness, confusion, irritation of the skin, eyes, nose, and throat, difficulty breathing, delayed reaction time, memory difficulties, stomach discomfort, liver and kidney damage, unconsciousness, tiredness/lethargy, irritation of the upper respiratory tract, and hematological disorders.
Commissioner Frances Beinecke, president of the National Resources Defence Council, vowed to convey her concerns to the White House.

"We hear what you are saying," said Beinecke. "We will take these health issues and concerns back to the president."

The commission, appointed by President Barack Obama, released its final report this week after a six-month investigation into the nation's worst-ever oil disaster.

The report recommended a massive overhaul of the oil industry's failed safety practices in the Gulf, as well as the creation of a new independent agency to monitor offshore drilling activity.

However, most of the 250 people at the meeting here focused on the health crisis that has exploded in the wake of the April 2010 disaster, leaving former BP clean-up workers and Gulf residents alike suffering from ailments they attribute to chemicals in BP's oil and the toxic dispersants used to sink it.

Dr. Rodney Soto, a medical doctor in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, has been testing and treating patients with high levels of oil-related chemicals in their bloodstream.

These are commonly referred to as volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Anthropogenic VOCs from BP's oil disaster are toxic and have negative chronic health effects.

Dr. Soto is finding disconcertingly consistent and high levels of toxic chemicals in every one of the patients he is testing.

"I'm regularly finding between five and seven VOCs in my patients," Dr. Soto told IPS. "These patients include people not directly involved in the oil clean-up, as well as residents that do not live right on the coast. These are clearly related to the oil disaster."

Nevertheless, U.S. government agencies like the Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, along with President Obama himself, have declared the Gulf of Mexico, its waters, beaches, and seafood, safe and open to the public.

Gulf residents at the meeting on Wednesday made sure the two commissioners were aware of the health crisis they are facing.

Tom Costanza of Catholic Charities in the New Orleans area stated that the region is in the middle of a social service crisis and faced a claims process he said is fraught with problems.

"People call me crying and dying," he said. "They need medical attention and support to get through this."

Ada McMahon works with Bridge the Gulf Project, a citizen journalism website that highlights stories from Gulf Coast communities about justice and sustainability. She told IPS that "the unmet health issues are the biggest issue, along with residents turned advocates going to meetings of the commission or with [BP oil spill fund administrator Kenneth] Feinberg to tell people about their health problems."

"People who can afford the 300-dollar blood tests have found alarming rates of chemicals in their bodies, and these people are concerned and doing what they can to speak out," she said. "But they feel they can't wait for Congress or Obama to address this, because they need doctors and support now in the communities."

LaTosha Brown, director of the Gulf Coast Fund for Community Renewal and Ecological Health, which works with 250 community groups, agreed that "the key concern expressed by the community in response to the report is the overwhelming need for access to health care."

"Over and over, people exposed to crude and dispersants from the drilling disaster told stories of serious health issues - from high levels of ethylbenzyne in their blood, to respiratory ailments and internal bleeding - and expressed an urgent need for access to doctors who have experience treating chemical exposure," she said.

Stephen Bradberry, executive director of the Alliance Institute, a non-profit that provides community organising support in the Gulf South, worries that the Gulf Coast Claims Facility is not accepting health claims, thus leaving sick residents unable to work and without any income to pay their medical bills.

"There is bruising and skin lesions, not just with clean-up workers, these are residents not involved in the clean-up," Bradberry told IPS. "Just yesterday I learned of five people on Grand Isle who passed away…people who did not have health problems prior to this. Nevertheless, there has not been any talk of monitoring of these communities."

Bradberry, who also attended the forum on Wednesday, also said, "We need a separate health task force that can focus solely on testing, monitoring, and studying the long-term health issues from exposure to crude and dispersants. And this needs to happen now."
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Iƒrit
Forum Addict

I agree the government should help these people but should do so in correct method, but they will probably end up apporving for a higher national debt and have the fed flip the bill.
How about instead of using the fed to flip the bill, causing more taxation (cause anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows inflation is a tax), they should shut down the companies involved in the irresponsible actions, seize all their property and sell off all assets with the intent of liquidation going to paying for the health and environmental damage and do so in a responsible and intelligent way. Jail those responsible for pushing the chemicals used in the clean up and those who falsely assured residences, workers and volunteers they would be safe, and hold them accountable for their crimes.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Kit-Fox wrote:And how exactly do you propose the US do that to a foreign company with workers who are nationals of several other soverign countries??
cause after all the US has never ever indicted a foreigner. :roll:

Oh and do it in a way that wont cause other foreign companies to think twice before putting any cash into the US economy or sending any resources there???
Yes do it in a way that makes foreign companies consider the results of their actions! its called accountability and responsibility. If a company that doesn't act accountable and responsible isn't gonna invest their cash good **Filtered** riddance!!

Learn a little please, you should know damn well that such actions are pretty much impossible & wont happen as it is essentially cutting your nose off to spite your face (AKA a pyrrhic victory) as the US will lose out in the long term as investment in the country dwindles.
Insisting that people/organization/companies/ect. be held accountable is not acting in spite. Its called justice, further more I would go so far as to say this is a biological attack.
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

BP's spilled oil is washing up in people

http://www.southernstudies.org/2011/01/ ... eople.html

Today marks nine months since the BP Deepwater Horizon offshore oil rig exploded, killing 11 workers and sending millions of gallons of crude oil pouring into the Gulf of Mexico.

Though the gushing well was capped last July, oil continues to wash ashore along the Gulf Coast. BP's oil is also washing up in people's bodies, raising concerns about long-term health effects.

This month the Louisiana Environmental Action Network released the results of tests performed on blood samples collected from Gulf residents. Whole blood samples were collected from 12 people between the ages of 10 and 66 in September, November and December and analyzed by a professional lab in Georgia, with the findings interpreted by environmental chemist and LEAN technical adviser Wilma Subra.

The individuals tested were two boys ages 10 and 11, four men and six women. They included cleanup workers on Orange Beach, Ala., crabbers from the Biloxi, Miss. area and people living on Perdido Key, Ala.

Four of the people tested -- including three adults and the 10-year-old -- showed unusually high levels of benzene, a particularly toxic component of crude oil. Subra compared the levels found in the test subjects to the levels found in subjects in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), a research program conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics.

Specifically, Subra compared the benzene levels in the Gulf residents to the NHANES 95th percentile value -- that is, the score below which 95 percent of the NHANES subjected tested. In other words, she compared the benzene levels found in Gulf residents to some of the highest levels found in the general population.

That comparison shows cause for concern, as the benzene levels in the blood of four Gulf residents ranged between 11.9 and 35.8 times higher than the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.26 parts per billion. Benzene is known to cause a host of health problems including anemia, irregular menstrual periods, ovarian shrinkage and leukemia.

The Gulf residents with the highest levels of benzene in their blood included a family of crabbers -- a 46-year-old man and woman and a 10-year-old boy -- and a 51-year-old woman crabber, all from the Biloxi area.

Ethylbenzene was detected in all 12 blood samples from Gulf residents over the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.11 ppb, with some individuals testing over three times that concentration. Ethylbenzene is known to cause dizziness, damage to the inner ear and hearing, and kidney damage, and it's also thought to cause cancer.

Eleven of the 12 individuals tested had relatively high concentrations of xylenes, with some of them testing up to 3.8 times higher than the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.34 ppb. Xylene exposure can lead to headaches, dizziness, confusion, skin irritation, respiratory problems, memory difficulties and changes to the liver and kidneys. The blood test results also found high levels of other toxic petrochemicals including 2-methylpentane, 3-methylpentane and isooctane.

The two boys showed some of the highest blood concentrations of the chemicals, and the 10-year-old boy from the Biloxi area suffered severe respiratory problems as a result. His mother, the crabber, also had some of the highest concentrations of the chemicals in her blood.

Earlier this month, residents from across the Gulf called on members of the President's oil spill commission -- which recently released its final report on the disaster -- to address the region's growing health crisis. One of them was Cherri Foytlin, co-founder of the grassroots group Gulf Change, who recently learned her own blood has alarming levels of ethylbenzene.

"Today I'm talking to you about my life," she told the commission. "My ethylbenzene levels are 2.5 times the [NHANES] 95th percentile, and there's a very good chance now that I won't get to see my grandbabies."

Foytlin reported seeing children from the region with lesions all over their bodies. "We are very, very ill," she said. Meanwhile, doctors in the region are treating patients with high levels of toxic petrochemicals in their bodies -- even in people who do not live right on the coast and were not involved in the cleanup.

Commission member Frances Beinecke, chair of the Natural Resources Defense Council, pledged to take the health concerns back to the White House. But nine months since the disaster began unfolding, Gulf residents are still waiting for the government to address the ongoing environmental health crisis.
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”