silly mods

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: silly mods

caesar2 wrote:Once I spelled vulgarity wrong, sure... in like 12 years in school nobody teached me how to spell vulgar words. i was warned for masking.

I dont know what about is this topic and whats bebitas problem, but yeah few mods are to blind and "blac&white".

We have a rule about language, but it contraindicate the rule about masking. How the hell can someone be warned for gramer mistake. Like... when you wanna mask something like this "H.ead" thats clear masking, if you write "Haed" thas miclick or just mistake. However... rule about masking is stupid, mods should just edit the post and send verbal warning, because mostly ppl dont wanna make mistakes ... and for mods... of course... is hard to decide what was mean like masking and what not.

Masking vs Language rule...
Simple answer to this.... don't use vulgar words. [-X
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

caesar2 wrote:Once I spelled vulgarity wrong, sure... in like 12 years in school nobody teached me how to spell vulgar words. i was warned for masking.

I dont know what about is this topic and whats bebitas problem, but yeah few mods are to blind and "blac&white".

We have a rule about language, but it contraindicate the rule about masking. How the hell can someone be warned for gramer mistake. Like... when you wanna mask something like this "H.ead" thats clear masking, if you write "Haed" thas miclick or just mistake. However... rule about masking is stupid, mods should just edit the post and send verbal warning, because mostly ppl dont wanna make mistakes ... and for mods... of course... is hard to decide what was mean like masking and what not.

The majority of the time it's an attempt to get around the filter, the example being "H.ead" like you used, putting in extra symbols. Most words even if you mix up the order, like haed, will still be filtered. If not then the filter for that word doesn't have wildcards. I can't think of any instance where I warned for masking and it could've been mistaken spelling.

As Clarkey said though... simple solution is to just not use vulgarity...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

Andrew Carnegie wrote:

The majority of the time it's an attempt to get around the filter, the example being "H.ead" like you used, putting in extra symbols. Most words even if you mix up the order, like haed, will still be filtered. If not then the filter for that word doesn't have wildcards. I can't think of any instance where I warned for masking and it could've been mistaken spelling.

As Clarkey said though... simple solution is to just not use vulgarity...

head is a vulgar word :shock: ?
here a ideea
lets taslk only in romanian ;)
and caesar u made 12 years of english? :smt017
i have just only 3 years
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

bebita wrote:head is a vulgar word :shock: ?
here a ideea
i have just only 3 years
If you read Ceasar2's post again you will see that he was using head as an example of mis-spelling a word. He was and no one else was saying head is a vulgar word. It was an example of mis-spelling and masking.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Clarkey wrote:
bebita wrote:head is a vulgar word :shock: ?
here a ideea
i have just only 3 years
If you read Ceasar2's post again you will see that he was using head as an example of mis-spelling a word. He was and no one else was saying head is a vulgar word. It was an example of mis-spelling and masking.
What he said.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that fellow there used the word "head" as example, so that he would not be warned for using a word on the filter. It was quite safe, since it is not on the filter (and unless the english language changes significantly very soon, it will never be on it)...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

tool is not a vulgar word and if that's the case then start warning/banning people for idiot, moron and other such words which are not warned for. And if 'blow me' is a angry retort which is warn/ban-able lets add others too like bite me, suck it, screw you, go to hell, ect. cause that's the way its being used.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:tool is not a vulgar word and if that's the case then start warning/banning people for idiot, moron and other such words which are not warned for. And if 'blow me' is a angry retort which is warn/ban-able lets add others too like bite me, suck it, screw you, go to hell, ect. cause that's the way its being used.

Ifrit, these are vulgar terms.

tool = **Filtered**: obscene terms for penis. - Obviously this word can be used in context if you are referring to a mechanical instrument, but something tells me he was not calling someone a mechanical instrument.

"get on your knees and blow me" - Seriously Ifrit? Not profane? Bite me is not a sexual expression, screw you is not a sexual expression, and go to hell is definitely not. But blow me is and especially with the addition of "get on your knees". What do you think someone is doing when they get on their knees and "blow" someone. :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:tool is not a vulgar word and if that's the case then start warning/banning people for idiot, moron and other such words which are not warned for. And if 'blow me' is a angry retort which is warn/ban-able lets add others too like bite me, suck it, screw you, go to hell, ect. cause that's the way its being used.

Ifrit, these are vulgar terms.

tool = **Filtered**: obscene terms for penis. - Obviously this word can be used in context if you are referring to a mechanical instrument, but something tells me he was not calling someone a mechanical instrument.

"get on your knees and blow me" - Seriously Ifrit? Not profane? Bite me is not a sexual expression, screw you is not a sexual expression, and go to hell is definitely not. But blow me is and especially with the addition of "get on your knees". What do you think someone is doing when they get on their knees and "blow" someone. :roll:

okay I didn't efficiently read, apparently I missed the "get on your knees" part. definitely inappropriate.
tool= one who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-esteem. someone who tries too hard. a poser. someone who is a complete idiot. one who is used by other people, and usually doesn't even realize it. someone who can't think for themselves. an asshat. I don't think they were calling them a penis, but could be wrong.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:tool= one who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-esteem. someone who tries too hard. a poser. someone who is a complete idiot. one who is used by other people, and usually doesn't even realize it. someone who can't think for themselves. an asshat. I don't think they were calling them a penis, but could be wrong.
If that's the case they should use the word fool. There can be no defence for using the word tool by saying I didn't mean it as in **Filtered** I meant it as in fool.
Image ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:tool= one who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-esteem. someone who tries too hard. a poser. someone who is a complete idiot. one who is used by other people, and usually doesn't even realize it. someone who can't think for themselves. an asshat. I don't think they were calling them a penis, but could be wrong.
If that's the case they should use the word fool. There can be no defence for using the word tool by saying I didn't mean it as in **Filtered** I meant it as in fool.

if that's the case the should have used the word **Filtered**, **Filtered**, penis or however you wanna word it instead of tool.... touche?
Are we to assume its always gonna be a obscenity when someone uses a word with multiple meanings cause I guess that means typing ass is out of the question??
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Iƒrit wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

if that's the case the should have used the word **Filtered**, **Filtered**, penis or however you wanna word it instead of tool.... touche?
Are we to assume its always gonna be a obscenity when someone uses a word with multiple meanings cause I guess that means typing ass is out of the question??
Ifrit look at it from other angles. If someone wanted to say tool (meaning fool) then they should just write fool, it's the same spelling just replacing the t with an f.

Also look at the actual quote that Bebita posted..... you yourself admitted the get on your knees bit is definitely inappropriate. Taking that vulgarity and profanity in to account you really think the word tool meant anything less than **Filtered**?

I'll also note that this issue wouldn't even be here if Bebita wasn't so eager to laugh and humiliate another player by posting the message on this public forum.

Iƒrit wrote:if that's the case the should have used the word **Filtered**, **Filtered**, penis or however you wanna word it instead of tool.... touche?
Then the word would have been filtered and there would be no problem. ](*,)
Image ImageImageImage
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:screw you is not a sexual expression

disagree. it can be. i have heard people talking about the act of reproduction by referring to it as "screwing".

oh English, what a twisted and frustrating language you are.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Screw you is as much a sexual expression as **Filtered** you. Mostly because they're the exact same thing.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Clarkey wrote:screw you is not a sexual expression

disagree. it can be. i have heard people talking about the act of reproduction by referring to it as "screwing".

oh English, what a twisted and frustrating language you are.

Dr. House wrote:Screw you is as much a sexual expression as **Filtered** you. Mostly because they're the exact same thing.

I disagree.

Yes the term "screwing" is used to describe a sexual act, however, the term "screw you" is an offensive term rather than sexual. It's the same meaning as piss off, now piss off isn't a sexual term.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”