HACKED

kynell
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

HACKED

hi i have recently bought a account for $200 of a guy and i played it for about 2 days changed all the details and it has been scammed back off me.

i.d of my account is :

the name was Jonny Sunlight i changed it to lordkynell it has now changed to
canadiantire by the scammer

when i bought the account of the guy through paypal for $200 i instantly changed the emaill address to rob_galea@hotmail.com
the name to: lordkynell and the pass to : 3055021971 since then i have used black market and purchased naq and turns for my account using my bank details .

the paypal address and the email address of the guy i bought the account from is
johnny_sunlight@live.co.uk

about 50mins ago from this message i was playing the account then next thing i find i been logged out due to changes i didnt pay much attension as i assumed it was a error so i tried to log bck in and nothing happenedso i clicked forgot passwrod and it didnt send it to my email everything has been been changed.

i am calling paypal in the morning when the office opens and will be taking legal proceedings if it is not sorted as these things are supposed to be safe can u plz sort this asap

my email rob_galea@hotmail.com
paypal info:

Sent to:
steven craig
Email:
johnny_sunlight@live.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount sent:
-$200.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$7.10 USD
Net amount:
-$207.10 USD (equals -£137.09 GBP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversion from:
-£136.14 GBP
Conversion to:
$207.10 USD
Exchange rate:
1 British Pound = 1.52131 US Dollars

Date:
17 Dec 2010
Time:
16:00:36 GMT
Completed

Subject:
You've got funds.
Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
£136.14 GBP - Visa/Delta/Electron Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1029

This transaction will appear on your statement as "PAYPAL".

i also sold my old account and used all the naq i made from that plus the naq i got from black market from the game i upgraded some things:

rasied covert level to 35
raised ms wepons volleys a little bit
built a 4.6trill(not exact) def
built a 7trill somthing covert

also made pms to my friend whereub asking him if i can mass some1 and asking if i can not pay my war chest this week and pay double next week

the email address of the guy i sold my last account to is godsmackfan2001@hotmail.com
his forum name is tattooedkrypt
Last edited by kynell on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: HACKED

Chances are if you do any kind of legal action, it will cost you 10x's as much more than you paided for the account. So its worthless to do that for a free online game.

Also, you maybe could have saved your old account instead of selling it. :-D

Edit: Also, Why buy a account with someone with no trade feedback thread????? And How long have you known this player????????? Putting trust into someone like that is highly risky.

Johnny Sunlight has only 30 posts and forum account made in less than 25 days.......That enough should have brought yourself to ask some questions and ask members of TL about him since he was in the alliance for a little while.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

This is very strange and I don't know how he managed to get back into the account after you changed the email and password, assuming it is the previous owner. There is enough proof that you bought the account so i'm sure the admins will get it back to you.

Here is some more info about Johnny Sunlight. It seems there is infact something dodgy about him. A few hours after selling his account to Kynell he bought an ex-TÅ account in a deal. I spoke to him, but he used a different email address when he spoke to me on MSN. Here is the info I have been able to dig up thus far.

Alternative names:
Benedictus

New Ingame ID : 23905
(looks like this account has had all the lifers removed, ascended and lost a lot of UU since )

Known MSNs:
adam1403@live.co.uk
johnny_sunlight@live.co.uk - also paypal address

Forum Profiles:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17690
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17317

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

email... admin urgent addie

urgent@StarGateWars.com
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

esp. if the pass was all digits, that would be easy for a basic crypto-program to hack.
renegadze
Forum Elite

Maybe it me, but I can't see any evidence whatsoever to suggest it was the seller that hacked the account...had you changed all the details like you suggest you did, then seems he'd have as much chance as anyone else of hacking back in.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

looks like yr assumption isnt based in any fact. the fact u changed the acc. details make u responsible of the account. being hacked is one thing and pointing to the seller is another thing.
how can u prove that the seller did hacked u?

based on the logic here it could be u trying to reclaim $ or the account as much as it could be a hacker.

the only thing that could happen is the admin check for multie , and if proven anything u might get smth back for xmas.

in my opinion u can only report of being hacked so admin can check it and this is you only hope to get yr account back. giving a name to the hacker needs proves, u can only show that u did a trade and thats all.

i hope u get yr account back as for the money they are gone and lost , bother asmuch as u want wit pp but u cant get anything back legaly., because u just proved here that the trade went ok.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

well Lilith of The Confed was able to get her account back, a couple of years after it was hacked (minus the resources) so hopefully all is not lost..

Admin, can see where the last logins came from and if they are same as seller or not.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
kynell
Forum Irregular

i hope so its just ruined the game for me i bought my first account everfor real $ and i get scamed first time
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

i have a quick question, when you sold you old account, did you change the details at all or were they the same details as the newly acquired?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Probably the same.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Eärendil wrote:Not to sound like a **Filtered** or anything but...
Forum/Game Rules wrote:NOTE: Kingdom Games, StarGateWars, the forum admin, the game admin, TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR CURRENCY TRADES outside of the game itself. We simply cannot monitor/validate/track/prove/disprove/confirm or deny the details, or if they happened.
Many are scams - and just because they are here, or are by recognizable players/people, does not change this.
IF YOU TRADE FOR REAL CURRENCY, AND GET SCAMMED OR DONT GET WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU SHOULD, WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU, so do not even ask...The answer is "Sorry. We cannot help you. You just lost your money."

I'd do what FF said to at least try, but don't expect much.

Yes but, he also bought ingame resources with money, which go directly to ADMIN, in which case its in admins best interests to get the account back to the owner, and as admin can check the account to verify he bought resources from admin.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

kynell wrote:hi i have recently bought a account for $200 of a guy....

i.d of my account is :

ghost face

The UnKnown of the TOLAH
{On The Cusp of A Black Hole...}
{Temporarily on the Protected Planets Treaty...}

Euhm .. you bought an unknown for 200$ ?
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Nostra wrote:Euhm .. you bought an unknown for 200$ ?

If you even remotely follow the market you'll know that lots of highly ascended accounts are going for $200 or sometimes even less.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

Norbe wrote:
Nostra wrote:Euhm .. you bought an unknown for 200$ ?

If you even remotely follow the market you'll know that lots of highly ascended accounts are going for $200 or sometimes even less.

~Norbe~

yeap, RoKeT is battling to sell his for that :/
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “Report Archive”