Roy hodgson gone, Kenny Daglish in charge.

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Roy hodgson gone, Kenny Daglish in charge.

Roy has left by "mutual agreement" and King Kenny has been put in charge until the end of the season.

Hodgson leaves liverpool FC

So, are us liverpool fans to expect much change, after all, the squad remains the same at the moment.
I'm glad its only until the end of the season, see what he can do and if it will make much difference. It was only a matter of time really.

One thing is for sure, the squad will be brimming with confidence going to old trafford, not sure if it'll make much of a difference, but we'll have to wait and see.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: Roy hodgson gone, Kenny Daglish in charge.

can't see it helping too much. its unlikely that he will be given a large sum of money to make transfers, considering it isnt permenant. might enstill confidence, but that squad needs more than that the way it has played recently
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

All hail King Kenny...all we have to do now is start winning some away games and we might move up the table..
I am happy Roy is gone i found watching Liverpool this season boring...i would do anything else except watch Liverpool online...I will watch the game tomorrow on BBC and with the 9000 Liverpool fans at Old Trafford it should be good :-D :)
Q Man
blarney stone

well, with Damien Comolli on the staff, i think we may be allowed to make a few signings if they are solid.
Kenny has been around all season and i'm sure hes known for a while that this situation was very possible. i'm sure he has already planned what he wants to do and how it will work.

He should bring a more positive mentality to liverpool and a more attacking one, with the players looking to make the most of possesion.
it may take a few weeks, but it will have positive effects. He will also be more willing to take in help and listen to the players and the fans, something that roy didn't.
[/size]
ImageImage
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

It's been a rough start but my hope is still there. I enjoy watching the games now, we lost these first two but it's still great to watch because we have a manager that doesn't know what the chair on the substitute bench is for.

A manager with passion is the pick me up Liverpool seemed to need

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
nightlight
Forum Regular

Agreed...We also need a another striker and a midfield player and a left back...I am going to go on a limb and say we will start to go on a winning streak and hopefully Champions league (4th spot) will be our reward...I know it's a long shot but they is enough games to play and alot of points to be collected and the Liverpool of old...when Kenny was in charge they use to come good after the Christmas period and go on a winning run and end up with the title...Hopefully 4th this season and next season King Kenny puts us back on our bloody perch :-D
Davian Thule
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE
Race: Space Marine
ID: 1916788

liverpool havent changed
still lost to blackpool
the manager was never the problem the players are

sell torres and overhaul your squad or you will be fighting relegation
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

But Torres is the world class goalscorer of Liverpool...it's like if Chelsea was selling Drogba, wouldn't do them good in their unstable current status. Sure money...but football is not all about money and trading, isn't it? ;)
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Cole wrote:But Torres is the world class goalscorer of Liverpool...it's like if Chelsea was selling Drogba, wouldn't do them good in their unstable current status. Sure money...but football is not all about money and trading, isn't it? ;)

It's not really about his class, the reason he left Athletico was because he felt he was being relied on too much as a striker but Liverpool's current formation is pretty much

Reina
Carragher (Injured)
Kuyt Gerrard (Red card)
Torres

It doesn't really help that he left a club to join a club to play the same position on the squad. Also we don't have any width on the squad

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Torres will prevent Liverpool from relegation though.
Now if he will remain in the squad in 2011-2012 season, that's another story.
nightlight
Forum Regular

I will tell you what Torres needs to do to get back in form......grow his bloody hair back to what it was when he first joined...He has not been the same player with short hair :smt081

As long as we beat Everton on Sunday i will be happy...We still have the Channel 5 euro cup to win :smt087 if we can win that and top 4 then i will call my first born kid (if i ever have any kids) Kenny :smt043 but we need to start winning away from home.
The thing that gets on my tits about footballers the likes of Torres and the ones who go on about winning medals and wanting to play in the champions league and are always in the papers about transfers to "bigger" clubs to win medals...I think if you played as well as you moaned you would start to win medals and would not be getting beat by Blackpool twice in a season :smt089 .
I have a feeling Torres and Gerrard (when he is back) will start to play good football score loads of goals just so they will get better offers at the end of the season when Chelsea or Man City come in and try and by them..I see this season being drogbas last and they will try and buy Torres and if they can bid for them so will Man City just for the hell of it and because they can...I see Gerrard going to Real Madrid to join Jose Mourinho at the end of the season for £20 mi...
The way the new Liverpool owners work they will sell the old stars and bring in young players and build on that..
Q Man
blarney stone

Chelsea are not going to buy gerrard, and probably not torres.

Chelsea need a completely new squad, out of their starting 11 most, if not all, are 28 or above.
thats why they won the title, the whole squad were in their prime.

now, the problem with Liverpool is the squad, although hodgson was another problem with his negative style (that worked well for fulham may i add. ). The squad is like most others, overly reliant on a small group of players. but with the players we have, over the next year or two we'll be getting a completely new squad, with only the likes of kelly, N'Gog, Ince, Amoo and eccleston from our current squad.

As Henry as been saying/implying, we're going to try and become more self sufficient, get the players where they're young, train and improve them and then when they get to their "peak", sell them for profit. Similar to Arsenal, look at Henry (French player, not Liverpool owner) for example, they made big money on him. I'm sure some players will play into their 30's to keep some role models and consistancy. but it is effective and with the right money behind the club, We will be challenging for titles again. Just might take a while.
[/size]
ImageImage
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

I bet Chelsea will get Alexis Sanchez. Love that player, shame he might be going to chelsea though :razz:
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
nightlight
Forum Regular

If we carry on playing like we did today the only thing we will win next season is promotion back to the premier league...granted i missed the first half and had to listen to radio city what was rather fun...but we need another striker...if we lose against Wolves and i have a feeling we will the way they played yesterday against City they should have at least got a draw...
To make it worse is the Everton fans on facebook rubbing it in i would like to :smt021 heads in :-D
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Single

What a game on sunday Liverpool you beauties:

thought this was a funny chant by the scousers.

'He’s now a blue he was a red, Torres! Torres!
He left the Kop to join the shed Torres! Torres!
He used to go out on the rob, but now he’s got a proper job
Fernando Torres, Chelsea’s no.9.'

Return to “Sports Section”