Whos the best football/soccer manager in the world?

For the discussion of sports. Moo?

Who do you believe is the best manager?

Poll ended at Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 am

Sir Alex Ferguson (Macnhester United)
47%
Pep Guardiola (Barcelona)
No votes
Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
35%
Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
18%

Total votes: 17
drakeboy
Fledgling Forumer

Whos the best football/soccer manager in the world?

I have to do this for a survey on one of my subjects
Please choose one of the managers below, would be greatly appreciated :)
Sir Alex Ferguson (Macnhester United)
Pep Guardiola (Barcelona)
Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)
Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
Last edited by drakeboy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Whos the best football/soccer manager in the world?

Umm where is Eddy Howe? Dont you know what he did for Bournemouth! Got them from minus 16 in second division to second place in the first division in 2 years.
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

alex ferguson no doubt. to stay in his job in this modern day and age and win everything possible is not something any manager can achieve.

jose mourinho is my 2nd favourite. very cool character
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
~Snipez~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Collective
Race: System Lord
ID: 1992766

Ronaldo wrote:alex ferguson no doubt. to stay in his job in this modern day and age and win everything possible is not something any manager can achieve.

jose mourinho is my 2nd favourite. very cool character

easy when they have all the money to spend

where is Walter smith that man has done everything but win a europian cup all be it he got the the cup final 08 with no budget what so ever and a 16 man team playing week in week out

now thats what is classed as a great manager
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Out of your list I'd have to say Arsene Wenger....the others click their fingers and get any player they want....Wenger builds a squad on a sound financial plan - and keeps them motivated even when they're not winning anything.....
drakeboy
Fledgling Forumer

only choose from the list porvided above haha
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

The list above is lies!!! :smt018

[spoiler]My opinion is biased as a watcher of English football and International matches on occasions.[/spoiler]

Anyway Alex Ferguson has been on top for so long, yes it's at the point where he just clicks his fingers and gets what he wants but he's built up that reputation after 24 years at the top of English football and a few before that in Scotland. To have won as many tournaments is proof of how adaptable his management style has been.

Arsene Wenger has been a management force in English football as well but seemingly without having the budget that United do at times, but he's still kept Arsenal at the top throughout his career. He is credited with the indestructables, the team that went a season unbeaten. The first year Arsenal were at the Emirates stadium.

Jose Mourinho has a great team and budget at his disposal and is only held back by a Barcelona team on form to stop him from taking top honours in Spain. When he was at Chelsea he brought in a whole new style of attack, sit back in the first half and attack in the second. Brilliant strategy to see how the other team were playing and just hold them back and over 45 minutes build up a counter attack to their strategy.

Pep Guardiola if he can't win with the team and budget he's got then there's problems, you've still got to give him credit for keeping those egos down and the lads working together. I don't rate him as highly as the others on the list

So after my small rants that mean nothing, I'd say from your list Sir Alex.

Some managers worth mentioning
-David Moyes - Understands how the premier league works and attacks down the sides throwing crosses into the box where he's placed two people who are good at heading the ball
-Ian Holloway - To do what he has done with Blackpool this season takes a lot of effort from the team and the management staff. He's kept them up there with a fighting chance throughout the season and has been rewarded for his efforts. I don't think he has the attitude to take on a big team like United, he'd drive players away imo.
-Former Liverpool managers who were great when they were at Liverpool at left due to personal reasons (Dalglish and Houllier)

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

RepliMagni wrote:Out of your list I'd have to say Arsene Wenger....the others click their fingers and get any player they want....Wenger builds a squad on a sound financial plan - and keeps them motivated even when they're not winning anything.....

Well said!
+1
drakeboy
Fledgling Forumer

reckon thers anyway i can create a poll?
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

drakeboy wrote:reckon thers anyway i can create a poll?

Edit your first post, and then you find below posting area a section called "poll creation"
There you can add the question, and the options for vote. Also some options for poll duration, voting/revoting etc..
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Frank Rijkaard en Frank de Boer :D
Spoiler
Past sigs

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RepliMagni wrote:Out of your list I'd have to say Arsene Wenger....the others click their fingers and get any player they want....Wenger builds a squad on a sound financial plan - and keeps them motivated even when they're not winning anything.....

Score. ;)
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Arsene Wenger. I think one of the only managers in the premiership that has managed to actually make a profit like a club should instead of rediculous losses each year through purchases. Also it brightens up football with a philisophy like his.

Alex Ferguson, although successful, is an absolute delusional noodle head. He honestly tried to argue in favour or Rooney when he deliberatly elbowed that guy in the face completely unprovoked, and then in the next game throws a tantrum about referees being unfair and changing the course of the game. Get that man a padded room! :smt021
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

Harry redknapp - brought Tottenham from top 20 - top 5 i believe in under 1 season Not many coaches can do that with the small budget and limited players they have Its always an interesting match to match when The Spur's play :)

"Arsene Wenger. I think one of the only managers in the premiership that has managed to actually make a profit like a club should instead of rediculous losses each year through purchases. Also it brightens up football with a philisophy like his."

Exactly :)
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
drakeboy
Fledgling Forumer

can everyone please vote in the poll above thanks :)

Return to “Sports Section”