Death of the Q Forums? (or, Death to Doodie-Heads...)

Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Death of the Q Forums? (or, Death to Doodie-Heads...)

Affy is taking a break from the Forums for a while, not because I don't love all you guys, but, am I the only one who sees the Q Forums starting to degrade into some sort of Mod quasi-intellectual bullying ground? I had a long week and a half or so at work (as evident by my sudden absence from the Forums for a week or so), and I just spent the last 30 minutes of my life I can never get back reading topic after topic, thread after thread where Forum users or Mods have come in and just stomped on people for having a thought or two.

Yes, I get it, I respect the Mods and the need for same, but, some of us come in and ONLY read maybe a topic or two that interests us, and we may just not know what the holy in all that is holy is going on with the overall Quantum Forum and all the Topics as an intellectual whole totality. Coming in a shredding people cause we did not see your last few closed Topics where you moved this or scolded one player or another is pretty much putting a huge bummer tone on the Forums.

I feel like I need to apologize to someone, just for spending some time catching up in the Q Forums. Why, I have no earthly clue, but, it may have to do with all the verbal squashing and strange tone to the Forums. Is it just me? Maybe. Either way I can PM people and keep it off the Forums if every time I login I feel like escaping away from the Forums for fear of some sort of verbal lashing either by another player or by a Moderator.

The Era is going well, Feeding seems to be under better control, the activity level in the Q server is at a high I have not seen for some time, do we really need to suddenly put a damper on the zaniness that is usually the Q Forum? Is the server handling the Q Forum running low on disk space or something, thereby all these extra redundancies or non-specific topics or replies taking up precious dwindling disk space? If so, let us know and we will stop writing and starting Topics that you may feel the urging to call us dummies or scold us for not knowing exactly where it goes, or that someone else already said something similar in one of the other Topics we have not read yet... I just suddenly see an absence of the usual style and tact typical of the Forums.

Besides, if disk space is an issue, let us know, I will donate towards more hard drives. I think maybe some of the 12-1500 plus Dollars I have spent on Main, Q, Chaos, and other upgrades over the past 6-7 years could have bought some more HDs by now?? Stomping down the fun and free exchanges, (and yes, redundant...) of craziness in the Q Forums should not be the answer to a current void of other things to do with our time.

Again, I appreciate what all the Forum Mods and overlords assigned to keep us in line do, and that you take your free time to do it. I love you guys... Which is why your scolding stings us to our very core. And since I don't want to do it, I usually am chagrined to make even the slightest of complaints, but tonight just seemed to be on the verge of silly, and almost a "gang" mentality where one Mod started a scolding, and another came in to smack it out of the park with a double-scolding.

If the idea is that the Q Server is active again and you want to suppress the usage of the Q Forums, then, by all means, keep doin what you are doin. I think the lack of fun Topics and tone of the Forums is already a clear indication that this is working. We are pretty easy (some, like me are simple minded w/o our medication...), so, just let us know that stupidity, free exchange of ideas, silly redundancies, and any Topics deemed untimely or retarded are not only NOT going to be tolerated, but, also harshly dealt with in a overly bullyish verbal manner then we will comply. We can suppress our usage of the Forums and save you the trouble of gang Modding up on those of us who don't get it.

Or, maybe we can just ease up a little, stop making the assumptions that the Q Forum users are super intelligent, high comprehending English majors who have scoured the entire Forums and understand all that has transpired before they choose to write a new idea or topic, and lets go back to a fun, crazy, full of banter and 'back and forth' Forums that adds something to the whole experience.

Till then, I need a break cause apparently I am suddenly overly sensitive. I have had my feelings hurt, need to apologize, and do not know why. Only thing I can tell is I 'gots that way cause I read me some Q Forumz...'

Sorry. (There it is again, the urge to apologize...)

I am really sorry. I apologize if this is a duplicate topic or belongs somewhere else, but, I am a verbal tard at times, but to all else who feel this way after reading in the Q Forums lately, you have my condolences.

No, I don't want a Poll to see if anyone else gives a crap about this Topic. Besides, the very implication there is that I should not have said it in the first place. But, if what I have said requires everyone to laugh at my expense, then by all means, take the shot at me and post a Poll making me feel less of a human for thinking it.

Mods, please Lock this Topic immediately. To discuss this at all would be, well, just plain IRONIC.
:smt047

P.S. Affy still loves you all.
P.P.S. 'Bad Affy' does not. 'Bad Affy' says the Mods rock and anyone STUPID enough to write doodie-headed stuff in the Q Forums deserves whatever public verbal embarrassment the Mods feels is necessary to stop them from future participation in the Forums...
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Death of the Q Forums? (or, Death to Doodie-Heads...)

Where's that "like"-button. *grin*
Well-written, Affy. :smt058
5forV
Forum Grunt

=D>
:smt060 Love and lust for Affy :smt050

...sorry to Mods for displaying my appreciation of Affy's post, I understand that I should probably banned from the forums for agreeing with the above sentiment...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

5forV wrote:=D>
:smt060 Love and lust for Affy :smt050

...sorry to Mods for displaying my appreciation of Affy's post, I understand that I should probably banned from the forums for agreeing with the above sentiment...
That's not true, dear. :) It may feel that way sometimes, but it's not. If you have fun in a way that is within the rules and guidelines, you have nothing to worry about.

Eärendil wrote:I'll get right on that.
You overbearing big bear, you. :smt047
Eärendil wrote:The thing though Affy, is, yes, sometimes, they, we, I, them, do overmod, it just happens, but at the same time there's the other side who tries to take advantage of quiet times and will just flood the forums with things, that are redundant and pointless.

The line there sucks imo, but it's there =/
;) Nice short reply. Leaves more time to drink. Bad Affy will agree. :P
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Affy all hope is not yet lost.

oh who am i kidding, something smells in the state of Denmark.

Anyways the general stats of Q

1. Farms are currently doubling every 7 days insize, so by Sunday i expect that average farm hits to be 40bil.
2. Up is currently at around 720k Raw by Sunday it should be again close to 850k raw.
In around 7-10 days the first real massing should be able to take place as people are over stat building, and being annoying. ( Mods you can sign up here to be massed here, if you play Q.)

3. It seems to me that no one is really spending alot of $ this wave.

4. There always something else but who cares just have fun.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

Well said Affy. =D>
If another poll should pop up again re your post i'd definitely press the 'I care' button.
(soz mods..cant resist :twisted: Still :smt060 ya all! )

ps: Dont disappear on us Affy. I truly enjoy reading your posts. Always gives me a few laughs!
Join me
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Benisallbiz/Join me/Exneighbour

I can only check Q threads once a week because of just that Affy,,,
enjoy your rest,,,
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Appreciate all the supportive words, and the interest by the Mods to just take a moment to be self-aware. I am not leaving the Forums, I find too much pleasure in checking in occasionally, but I have been overly sensitive as of late to prickly behavior. I'll explain in a new post Topic in a little while.

Anyways, this is a War game, but, essentially the Forums are people laying out their thoughts for all to see, read, banter around with, and respond to and yes, some take advantage with silly redundant gibberish, but if it is just being silly then the response and Modding should take on the same attitude as well. Thats all.

I have suddenly found myself with little time, and had to concentrate on RL for a while and shot off this long-winded Affy special post after a few days of tense RL drama, so, I guess I needed a place to vent a little. As usual, you were all around to enjoy my brain spilling out!

Cheers,
Old Man Crazy Nutter Affy

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Forums have always been, IMHO, the centre of this game.. Without forums the game would be pretty much dead. If Quantum is to reach its former glory once again then the rational care for forums by mods is a must. So what if some topics repeat? I mean for X's sake, forums have been around for what, 5, 6 years now? There are rare few of us left from the old times, from beginning or nearly the beginning and the majority of players have changed.. If someone new comes to the forums and asks a question - should we not be the ones that are kind enough to answer it like we had our answers asked? Not just say "oh it's been asked before, nothing has ever been done, stop opening topics like that" and close the topics.. Of course people lose the motivation to visit forums if things like that repeat all the time..

Anyway the game has downgraded, the forums have downgraded too..And it started with the forums, IMHO.. Now go figure..

NOTE: Mods I don't really care if you think I am being offensive towards you 'cause I don't really care much for the game as I have more urgent RL matters to care for.. I respect your work, I do.. But sometimes you just gotta use a bit of common sense when it comes to modding, not just put your finger on a god forsaken forum rule and show the middle finger to the ones that are actually trying to make a difference..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

Amen
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

I :smt060 Jack...

Affy is back. :smt056

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Affirmation wrote:I :smt060 Jack...

Thanks Affy, if you were a woman I might have even been tempted to love you back :razz:

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Neimenljivi wrote:

Thanks Affy, if you were a woman I might have even been tempted to love you back :razz:

~Jack

C'Mon Jack, we are both confident enough in our Testosterone to share a little "Man-Love" and still respect each other in the next Era?? HAHA :smt017

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Affirmation wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Jack

C'Mon Jack, we are both confident enough in our Testosterone to share a little "Man-Love" and still respect each other in the next Era?? HAHA :smt017

Hehe well I'm not playing the Era so I guess that's gonna fall through, therefore no need for me to test just how confident are you in your testosterone :P I already know how confident am I, but you Affy..You be the dirty Quantum ruler :P

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Yes... The Era suffers from your Absence!! [-X

Come back and I will send my "Ghosts" to visit your home, pour sugar in your car gas tank, frak your pets, dig up your flowers, spank your Grand-Ma, doodie on your porch, wee-wee in your Fruit Loops, and cause pretty much general mayhem every 24 hours for a 5 day period... HAHAHA :-"

'Bad-Affy' sez Come back and I will make sure that Affy himself does all the above... :smt018

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Return to “General”