mods sticking to one name

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): jix

mods sticking to one name

could all mods please stick to one chosen name do what you'd like in game with your name but constantly changing your names on the forum just causes confusion.
[img]http:/ascendedempire.com/esigs/Sigma/Jix.png[/img]
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: mods sticking to one name

For names, moderators are like any other user, free to change names at will...

It would not be fair to pressure anyone into not changing their names...

If you are unsure whom someone that has changed name is, ask him/her, or ask some other mod... you will be answered then...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

Zeratul wrote:For names, moderators are like any other user, free to change names at will...

It would not be fair to pressure anyone into not changing their names...

If you are unsure whom someone that has changed name is, ask him/her, or ask some other mod... you will be answered then...

no they're not

secondly you should'nthave to ask you should know

i would like other forum users opinions not yours
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

SuperSaiyan wrote:As someone who changes their forum name quite often, my opinion is going to reflect that.

What I do with my account, or choose to be named, is my business...
The position of a mod, doesn't change with the username.

If I change my name to Mr. Potato Head and you are looking for the head of RP or Ascended, you can just click the RP or Ascended mod group and see who is listed as the leader...

Same goes with anything.

If you are looking for a specific person, being a staff member has no difference than being a user.

If you ask a question, and someone says "go talk to SS" and my name is still "Mr. Potato Head", I can understand you being a little frustrated, but you can probably just send back "who's that?" to whomever redirected you and they'll most likely know. As common courtesy, I always have SuperSaiyan listed in my profile as an alternate name and always have it in my signature as well.

Aside from maybe having you ask an extra question on that rare occasion I do not see how a staff member changing their user name hinders you in any way.

If I choose to call myself something, that my good man, is my prerogative...
ingame yes forum no.
there should be a clear chain of command

and yet again i would like a non mod/admins veiw not yours
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

and sticking to the same name would be nice your in a postion of power act like it. if you police cheif went from john smith to dave jones then liam right nodoby in your town/city would be happy

save the name changing for the game here people need to know who you are
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Jixxi wrote:and sticking to the same name would be nice your in a postion of power act like it. if you police cheif went from john smith to dave jones then liam right nodoby in your town/city would be happy

save the name changing for the game here people need to know who you are

you are not saying why it is a problem...

I don't give a damn what my local law enforcement is called, so long as I can speak to them when needed and I have said twice now the ways you can find the person in the position you are looking for...

I'm not understanding why it is that big a deal what my user name is or the user name of anyone on the staff? Perhaps if you elaborated your reasoning for this thread further I could see your side better?

well how about if your police force kept changing number? your making this personal not me if you like go make a V topic. i was asking for normal members opinions not yours
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Mods can change their name all they want. As SuperSaiyan stated you have yet to state a reason why any Mod changing their name is a problem, besides using an inapplicable comparison. Please do so before consideration of your concern is made.

Although my post will most likely be disregarded by you because I disagree, on the grounds that I am not a "normal user."

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

yet again just mods/admins posting
damien snpr
Forum Irregular
Race: **Filtered**

Personally I've got no issue with mods/admins changing their names to suit whatever mood they may be in(or anyone else for that matter). Mods are known by their "colors" as far as I'm concerned. Mostly I remember sigs and avatars when looking at a post anyways, to be honest.
...Image
Jixxi
Fledgling Forumer

damien snpr wrote:Personally I've got no issue with mods/admins changing their names to suit whatever mood they may be in(or anyone else for that matter). Mods are known by their "colors" as far as I'm concerned. Mostly I remember sigs and avatars when looking at a post anyways, to be honest.

was going to take that post as an honest opinion.

untill i seen your sig theres atleast 3/4 mods/admins in your so called empire your sticking up for your bosses.

but to answer your post.

colour yes maybe a sign of power but its not a sign of id.
sig/avatar, some including me have the option to turn those off i use to because it speeds up the loadin time of the forum.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Really fail to see the problem anyone can change their forum name.. and it's not very hard to find out who someone is.. =/
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

I actually agree to an extent .. take Empy and SS for example both GM(so both green) both in leaf village...as I don't have siggies allowed it does make it confusing as to who is posting what.

think of your mod colours as your work uniform, while wearing that use your known name...afterall you are free to have many forum multies use those for whatever name you wish to use.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Not much of an issue as any action taken by a mod is still there, regardless of name. That and you can still readily determine which section is theirs..

Really nothing is needed outside this list once updated..

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=98591
Death is the Road to Awe

BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Some men aren't looking for anything logical.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

This is a non-issue. When a mod wants to change their name, they should. When anyone, for that matter, wants to change their name, they should.

All their earlier messages, posts and threads carry their new name, pointing out to you exactly who they are at every point.
But I'll agree, they *could* give notice when changing their name.. that is, however, their choice. Not their obligation.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”