WWE on Syfy?!?!?

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

WWE on Syfy?!?!?

I don't receive Syfy, but I've read countless times that SGU for example had to deal with more "profitable shows" such as WWE on the channel itself. Can anyone explain me what wrestling is doing in SyFy channel?
I mean, the reasoning they used to introduce it. Sure profit isn't hard to understand, but how did they 'convince' people that it had anything to do with the channel, how did they justify themselves on the choice, etc...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: WWE on Syfy?!?!?

Just reading the title, I cried.

National Geographic is putting on even worse shows. REALITY TELEVISION SHOWS. Nobody wants to watch stupidity like Jersey Shore, or other **Filtered** like this on one of last few remaining TV shows.

So disappointing..
Cole
Forum History

Noobert wrote:Just reading the title, I cried.

National Geographic is putting on even worse shows. REALITY TELEVISION SHOWS. Nobody wants to watch stupidity like Jersey Shore, or other **Filtered** like this on one of last few remaining TV shows.

So disappointing..

National Geographic, really?!?!?!?

Damn, and I thought this channel had some intellectual values.. :smt104 :smt107

So they prefer to lose their slighty small faithful audience which watched the channel for its quality programs, and bring floating audience who doesn't give a damn about their original programs and just came for the rubbish and will not watch the rest, and go as soon as the rubbish will be gone...
Last edited by Cole on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Ive never seen WWE on the UK SciFi channel, but it is a low budget channel with low ratings. Ive never understood ratings, they always show rubbish to be popular and neither me or anyone I know has every been asked what we watch so who the hell does get asked ?

If Dancing Steroid Freaks does get show on SciFi the channel should be renamed.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Cole
Forum History

MEZZANINE wrote:Ive never seen WWE on the UK SciFi channel, but it is a low budget channel with low ratings. Ive never understood ratings, they always show rubbish to be popular and neither me or anyone I know has every been asked what we watch so who the hell does get asked ?

If Dancing Steroid Freaks does get show on SciFi the channel should be renamed.

I suppose it's just a USA thing, for now...

Two ways:
Asking a representative amount of x people (in the thousands or ten of thousands) by adding a device in their tv to see what they watch.
Using results from the DSL TV device or whatever it's called, which probably tells what each owner of these devices is watching. And since a great aprt of the population has it (at least in my country) so it isn't that hard for them to know.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human

Honours and Awards

TV was good? When? :?
Bias Admin colour
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

they justified it by renaming the channel "syfy" from "sci-fi". The fact that they think they'll catch more viewers total from it is also a reason... but then, they live in their own world...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Cole
Forum History

Mittenz wrote:TV was good? When? :?

When quality channels (many of them exist around the world) didn't broadcast rubbish stuff.
I admit to have watched many times rubbish stuff, but I didn't and still don't want to see it in quality channels.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

I don't remember the show exactly, but it was one of those HORRIBLE piece of **Filtered** that Fox shows. I only watch Hockey on TV, the rest I download because of:

1) I am tired of **Filtered** car commercials.
2) I am tired of commercials in general.
3) The shows are trash and not worth enduring.
4) Why bother to watch TV shows at certain times when you can download them and watch them over and over again?

**Filtered**.
TV.
IN.
THE.
EYE.

I am sick of corporate noobs taking over beautiful programs. First radio, now television, and slowly Hockey. You know what's horrible? YOUTUBE. Youtube is the worst of all..dear god.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

their wish to decide when people are to watch specific shows is the bane of the TV channels...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I just don't understand TV shows at all....

Jersey Shore
X-Factor
Strictly Cum Dancing
Dancing on Ice
I'm a Celebrity, Watch me do Stupid things in a Fake Jungle

Sadly the list goes on. Even "documentary" shows have been dumbed-down to the point of stupidity: take for example "Professor" Brian Cox's new show - he manages to say a heck of a lot, without actually saying anything specific at all. #-o

I'm bored.....time to jump off a bridge :smt064
Cole
Forum History

Noobert wrote:I don't remember the show exactly, but it was one of those HORRIBLE piece of **Filtered** that Fox shows. I only watch Hockey on TV, the rest I download because of:

4) Why bother to watch TV shows at certain times when you can download them and watch them over and over again?

Illegal download or legal download? :P

Because if it's illegal download, you're not helping the show at all. It's not only about "the cops are going to go after you" speech, but illegal download is the worst kind of use show producers can expect from people. Unless of course it's download then buying the dvds if satisfied/when they come out, like I do. :P (which explains the rather large DVD collection I own)

I cannot download legally tv shows from Amazon.com, because it's strictly for North America...which is totally idiotic, because it promotes illegal downloading for Europe, Asia, etc...that said, illegal download not backed by buying dvds is the worst kind of move one can do towards a tv show. It's as worse as not watching it. Unless of course, you cannot download it legally due to country restrictions -eg: Amazon.com limited to North America, and no substitution in Europe before the show arrives there on tv-...

RepliMagni wrote:I just don't understand TV shows at all....

Jersey Shore
X-Factor
Strictly Cum Dancing
Dancing on Ice
I'm a Celebrity, Watch me do Stupid things in a Fake Jungle

Sadly the list goes on. Even "documentary" shows have been dumbed-down to the point of stupidity: take for example "Professor" Brian Cox's new show - he manages to say a heck of a lot, without actually saying anything specific at all. #-o

I'm bored.....time to jump off a bridge :smt064

I don't know any of those but X-Factor. :P
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

I cannot afford to buy DvDs of the shows or movies I download. I'd happily support the shows if I had an income, but as I'm in school - I have zero income.

I support the shows usually by turning people on to them. That's more than others can say they do and it's all I can do really.

On the celebrity note~Just think about the millions of millions of dollars we waste on them, and they end up bankrupt anyways. I wonder why. Who needs a bazillion roomed house when you can have one that is just nice and feels like the home you grew up in?

So pitiful. It's no wonder we are in a state of **Filtered** economy.

Personally, I'd rather have the economic system like the way of an old book I read where it was based upon Honor. Bad ass system IMO.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity

Id say the same as Noobert on downloading, I couldnt afford to buy all the stuff I download so the producers lose nothing, they wouldnt have got my money anyway. I gain and they dont lose lol

I also consider downloading as 'try before you buy', since occasionally I do buy something if it was really good and worth watching again, but only when the price drops since the new release prices are insane, again the new release prices that force me to download are the producers own fault for paying so called 'celebs' far to much.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Noobert
Sedin Triplet

On another note, I agree with Mezz. The prices of these "new release" series are retarded. I'm not paying $60-$120 for a season. SO SORRY.

Return to “The TV room”