Sparing a thought for the catasrophe...

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Sparing a thought for the catasrophe...

of the Japanese people.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to the people of Japan.

No need to tell people what's going on there, so please spare a thought and share your thoughts about the situation in Japan, and the ongoing saga of the Fukushima nuclear power plant (i've had to put the hyphen in there, for some reason it's filtering out the name of the nuclear plant :? ).

I sincerely hope they get that reactor under control
Last edited by [KMA]Avenger on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: Sparing a thought for the catasrophe...

its more than one reactor that is causing concern...

and indeed my thoughts and prayers have been with all the Japanese ppl
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Really?! all the reports i've read so far have only spoken of the number 1 reactor as having a problem....

Not good at all :(

-David Icke
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Nope, reactor 1 blew a couple of days ago, then reactor 2 blew this morning. It's now rumoured that reactor 3 is very unstable and could go at any minute.

Apparently Japan is also bracing itself for a "Mega Aftershock" to hit in the next few days, that could measure 7.9 on the Richter Scale.

I really hope the radiation has been contained as much as they maintain. But it looks a bit ominous that the US withdrew the 7th Fleet from 100 miles out.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

the biggest problem at the moment is that there is no cooling liquid at all at reactor block 2 of that power plant. The latest info I got is that the cooling of reactor block 1 is working again (with the help of seawater) and number 3 got shut down early enaugh so no problem with that one?

Anyway, this whole incident is just unbelievable. I mean, the whole island of Japan moved 2 meters! because of that earthquake. Even the axis of the earth changed, days are now 1,6 milliseconds shorter oO

Edit: Ok seems like reactor 3 blew up like half an hour ago :?
that's what my dad just told me after watching the news.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
renegadze
Forum Elite

Connor MacManus wrote:
renegadze wrote:I really hope the radiation has been contained as much as they maintain. But it looks a bit ominous that the US withdrew the 7th Fleet from 100 miles out.

They were reading low levels of radiation fom where they previously were.

Yeah but the levels were obviously enough for them to warrant moving back, and low levels at 100 miles could mean a lot worse locally
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

News reports here (Aus) spoke of 3 reactors being of concern, including the one that has 2 leakages so far.

It really is hard to get ones head around all that they are going through, I am pleasantly surprised at the relatively (considering Japans pop) death toll... and when you see the footage you ponder how anyone could survive.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
temptress
seraphim

Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

To top it all off (so far) the Shinmoedake volcano has also erupted after a couple of weeks of relative in activity :(

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/articl ... ano-erupts

News flashing across the TV states " Tokyo Electric: Risk of fuel rod meltdown in number 2 reactor cannot be ruled out.".

Another flash says "JiJ news agency: Water being pumped into No.2 reactor of F ukushima No.1 plant after fuel rods became fully exposed."...

I can't imagine the ENORMOUS pressure and stress the workers at that plant are having to live through at this time.

Another flash states "Cooling functions stop at F ukushima No.2 reactor."

-David Icke
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Harsh times for Japan for sure, I know the generation now affected have done nothing to deserve this, but I still have mixed feelings since my Grampy was a Japanese prisoner of war, some of the things he told me were so horrific, and they stalled on compensation for surviving prisoners for over 60 years until most including my Grampy were dead and unable to claim.

Not the current generations fault, but still as a nation some things can never be forgiven.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I don't think what they did during WW2 is something the current generation are proud of, but as you say, they don't deserve this...frankly, nobody deserves this!

On another issue, the news on the TV is saying there have been over 30 aftershocks of magnitude 6 or greater so far which is hampering S&R.

Haiti last year, Christchurch last month, The Pakistani earthquake and floods, Kobe, The Asian Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, the Icelandic volcano eruption to name but a few over the past few years...man, this planet is falling apart at the seams :?

-David Icke
renegadze
Forum Elite

[KMA]Avenger wrote:I don't think what they did during WW2 is something the current generation are proud of, but as you say, they don't deserve this...frankly, nobody deserves this!

On another issue, the news on the TV is saying there have been over 30 aftershocks of magnitude 6 or greater so far which is hampering S&R.

Haiti last year, Christchurch last month, The Pakistani earthquake and floods, Kobe, The Asian Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, the Icelandic volcano eruption to name but a few over the past few years...man, this planet is falling apart at the seams :?

Seems the film 2012 and the Mayan predictions are not so far fetched now :?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I wouldn't go that far mate...

As everyone who knows me knows i delve deeply into conspiracy's, but 1 type of-well, 2 types actually-of conspiracy's i wont go along with till i see something ALLOT more concrete is Mayan/2012 doomsday theories, and aliens.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Interesting to watch from a distance, terrible when considering the individual tragedies going on.
Best wishes to Japan, and the Japanese, and all involved.

As for the Doomsday story.. it may seem like we're suffering worse and worse, but that's just because people are living where no people should live. Who lives in a swamp, who lives on active fault lines? (Bangladesh -150+million-, San Francisco -5+million-, Japan -200+million-) To live there must be historical tradition, gone wrong with the idiocy of producing more and more offspring. Bad.
Anyway.. planet cracking or not, nothing to do with human influence. Casualties, on the other hand, are the result of overpopulation of risk areas. But we've been doing that for millennia, see (among many, many others) Pompeii/Herculaneum.
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”