sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

~Coyle~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Forum wrote:it was pointed out that massing is a failing pasttime... as sabbing is overriding it by too much.
Both massing and sabbing should be required...how to do that?

answer: sab works on attack weapons. just attack weapons.
to get def weapons, one must mass them down...

makes sense! going to happen... if i cannot think of a good reason not to :)

Who came to you to ask this? And what were there reasons? As massing is "NOT A FAILING PASTTIME". Why should 1 person come to you to change the game, so that person can keep there defense. I and many others want to know who and what were there reasons for coming to you and having you do this.

This will be just like perg where a while back people had big defs and high covert and 10 massive income planets.

This will be the same as perg. All people have to do is build 200mil def supers and 200mil def mercs, 100mil miners and 10 massive income planets. They will have no strike or covert since defenses can not be sabbed. Thats a easy 500mil person, then all they have to do is sell there uu they make from there UP for naq. Then is a few months time many players will have enough naq to buy bigger coverts and keep uprading there income planets.

So what if a defense cant be sabbed, you want to take it down then store plenty of uu with friends and build the strike needed to mass it, i think its ridiculus how people with huge coverts are almost unmassable.

Great idea Admin, roll with it please!

how does a big covert make a defence unmassable? it makes it unsabbable but you want to get rid of that so in essense this idea makes defences even more unmassable.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

GrizzZzzly wrote:
~Coyle~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Forum wrote:it was pointed out that massing is a failing pasttime... as sabbing is overriding it by too much.

Who came to you to ask this? And what were there reasons? As massing is "NOT A FAILING PASTTIME". Why should 1 person come to you to change the game, so that person can keep there defense. I and many others want to know who and what were there reasons for coming to you and having you do this.

This will be just like perg where a while back people had big defs and high covert and 10 massive income planets.

This will be the same as perg. All people have to do is build 200mil def supers and 200mil def mercs, 100mil miners and 10 massive income planets. They will have no strike or covert since defenses can not be sabbed. Thats a easy 500mil person, then all they have to do is sell there uu they make from there UP for naq. Then is a few months time many players will have enough naq to buy bigger coverts and keep uprading there income planets.

So what if a defense cant be sabbed, you want to take it down then store plenty of uu with friends and build the strike needed to mass it, i think its ridiculus how people with huge coverts are almost unmassable.

how does a big covert make a defence unmassable? it makes it unsabbable but you want to get rid of that so in essense this idea makes defences even more unmassable.

Ive massed unsabbable big defense :-k

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Easy^
Forum Elite

LOL, if this update happens, i think a 100T def will suddenly be ranked 100 or something.

E

PS: Admin maybe you should start playing the game too see what the rest is talking about.
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

GrizzZzzly wrote:
~Coyle~ wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

A big covert and some **Filtered** using allaince repair makes its hugely annoying to mass and for most people like myself im not going to sit around for long bothering, RL and all ya know

PS i didnt ask to get ride of realm alert, people can still have there 4/5 secs delay per hit but just get rid of them phasing, at least if you keep trying to mass the defense you will get most of the supers even if allaince repair is envolved. I dont see why so many want to keep the idea of phasing, reasons?

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

alliance repairing makes a defence harder to mass, Covert only protects it from being sabbed. Which makes perfect sence. Massing wont become easier with this update. However takeing someone down will be more difficult because you cant sab defence weaps.

This update will in no way affect how easy it is to "mass" (using the attack button) a defence.

EDIT: the point here is, you wont need a covert to protect your defence with this update. you can put all 500mill UU into defence and not bother with spies at all.
Last edited by GrizzZzzly on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
legolas21
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Alpha
ID: 23956

Tekki wrote:Attack planets are actually fine, though seriously if you have a 15t defense then for the most part the addition a planet makes to it is rather small. If anything defense planets are under powered.

As for covert... it is NOT over powered. It's just FINALLY GOT some power. In the past it was this tepid thing that you couldn't do anything with and was barely used. Now it can actually do some damage and it seems that most people aren't prepared to adjust for that.

In my opinion the thing that's really killing massing is the losses, which are approximately one to one, the alliance repair and PPT which can seriously screw up your losses and auto war, which means once you have massed someone you hand your stats to them on a silver platter because then they can destroy EVERYTHING including your spies, while you merely phased them.

In summary though:

1. Most people think this is an absolute joke of an idea
2. If you want more massing, tone down the losses a little
3. Alliance repair/PPT is also helping to remove massing as a good option
4. Sabbing still needs to target both sets of weapons.

=D>
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

GrizzZzzly wrote:alliance repairing makes a defence harder to mass, Covert only protects it from being sabbed. Which makes perfect sence. Massing wont become easier with this update. However takeing someone down will be more difficult because you cant sab defence weaps.

This update will in no way affect how easy it is to "mass" (using the attack button) a defence.

Okay let me say it again, i do want to keep covert as a means to mass a defense, i know covert protects the defense from being sabbed duh.
Ah screw im done here, as i said tweak attack and rubbish phasing and allaince repair.

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

WTH??

how about reduce the % rates of each sab or reduce the total number that can be done per day or something like that.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Good objective, bad way to try and achieve it IMO

Sabbing has pretty much replaced massing, this has created an elite of those who can afford the the higher covert levels and I totally agree bringing back massing will make the game more inclusive for all.

BUT

The problem is not def weapons

Making Attack weapons only be sabbed will just make massing big defs harder as big strikes to take them down become big sab targets.

The real problem is alliance Repair/PPT, remove these functions and all defs become massable again.

Also my own suggestion of sabs setting autowar the same way attacks do will mean sabbing has more consequences.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:In summary though:

1. Most people think this is an absolute joke of an idea
2. If you want more massing, tone down the losses a little
3. Alliance repair/PPT is also helping to remove massing as a good option
4. Sabbing still needs to target both sets of weapons.

I would agree, whoever massing seems to be more than just 2 and 3, though they are a part of it.
Problems with Massing
1. Losses make it cost about the same or even more than the defender to mass.
2. Alliance Repair/PPT make defenses (and therefore the losses) possible to mass much longer without requiring the owner of the account to be even around as often.
3. Auto-War makes it so that you can mass someone, then they be alliance repaired before you are done with not enough hits left before the phase to complete it, yet they have autowar with you and can come back and mass you quickly (though if they do this you can then mass them back again). This makes it not ideal for anyone with nicer stats to mass or even heavily farm some as they would be able to turn around and just mass quickly.

The first 2 make it so many don't want to mass normally, while the 3rd can make it where those who can afford it don't want to as it would just cause them to lose even more beyond what they will massing it.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Sounds to me like another money spinning update just like when the number of ATs needed to mass someone was brought out, making defs unsabbable doesnt sort out the problem, all it does is increase the number of ATs needed to play, and increase the number of ATs bought from the game site itself.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Tekki
Forum Addict

As far as I know, all the big defenses that were taken down recently were perfectly sabbable, with maybe one or two exceptions that OA took down.

Now if it's going to cost you 200million plus supers to mass it, or 100million spies obviously you take it out via SAB. Which has the added benefit of not setting auto war which leaves you up the proverbial creek without any paddle.

Sabbing isn't the issue here, the issue is all the repairs and hiding that can be done otherwise to avoid being massed. Alliance repair, alliance PPT and the sheer cost of weapons and supers.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

silliest idea ive heard in a while #-o
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

MEZZANINE wrote:Good objective, bad way to try and achieve it IMO

Sabbing has pretty much replaced massing, this has created an elite of those who can afford the the higher covert levels and I totally agree bringing back massing will make the game more inclusive for all.

BUT

The problem is not def weapons

Making Attack weapons only be sabbed will just make massing big defs harder as big strikes to take them down become big sab targets.

The real problem is alliance Repair/PPT, remove these functions and all defs become massable again.

Also my own suggestion of sabs setting autowar the same way attacks do will mean sabbing has more consequences.

=D>

Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

I would be interested in knowing who asked for this change and what their reasoning was.

I still cant find any discussions in Game Suggestions about making such a significant change.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”