sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

How about strike gets sabbed first then defense?

Oh and yeah massing died when alliance repair hit.. Also with the whole millions of attackers dying on a SMALLER defense then your strike...
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Kikaz wrote:How about strike gets sabbed first then defense?

Currently it does in certain situations.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Forum wrote:it was pointed out that massing is a failing pasttime... as sabbing is overriding it by too much.
Both massing and sabbing should be required...how to do that?

answer: sab works on attack weapons. just attack weapons.
to get def weapons, one must mass them down...

makes sense! going to happen... if i cannot think of a good reason not to :)

Who came to you to ask this? And what were there reasons? As massing is "NOT A FAILING PASTTIME". Why should 1 person come to you to change the game, so that person can keep there defense. I and many others want to know who and what were there reasons for coming to you and having you do this.

This will be just like perg where a while back people had big defs and high covert and 10 massive income planets.

This will be the same as perg. All people have to do is build 200mil def supers and 200mil def mercs, 100mil miners and 10 massive income planets. They will have no strike or covert since defenses can not be sabbed. Thats a easy 500mil person, then all they have to do is sell there uu they make from there UP for naq. Then is a few months time many players will have enough naq to buy bigger coverts and keep uprading there income planets.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Tekki wrote:
Kikaz wrote:How about strike gets sabbed first then defense?

Currently it does in certain situations.

Well I meant strike has to be gone before defense can be sabbed.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
SlimD
Forum Irregular
Race: Human

Seriously? who suggested this idea? or, is this April Fool's Day on your calendar?

Got me =D>

If hope this is baloney :smt018
Cheers,
SlimD - sniffing around the forums
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

I agree with the idea that maybe admin just tweak at the sabbing formula a bit, making it far more effective against strike weapons, but still somewhat useful against a def.

Also, get rid of alliance repair. I went inactive for a few months and traded acounts with an alliance 3IC on my return. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on the alliance management page. Honestly, alliance repair has made both massing and sabbing obsolete.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Actually i quite like that idea, bring back good old fashion massing, or if there to many whiners about your idea can you at least get rid of phasing, i dont see the point in it, at least if you have enough ats then you can level an account without having to sab as some covert levels are just to high.

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

Rudy Pena wrote:
Forum wrote:it was pointed out that massing is a failing pasttime... as sabbing is overriding it by too much.

Who came to you to ask this? And what were there reasons? As massing is "NOT A FAILING PASTTIME". Why should 1 person come to you to change the game, so that person can keep there defense. I and many others want to know who and what were there reasons for coming to you and having you do this.

This will be just like perg where a while back people had big defs and high covert and 10 massive income planets.

This will be the same as perg. All people have to do is build 200mil def supers and 200mil def mercs, 100mil miners and 10 massive income planets. They will have no strike or covert since defenses can not be sabbed. Thats a easy 500mil person, then all they have to do is sell there uu they make from there UP for naq. Then is a few months time many players will have enough naq to buy bigger coverts and keep uprading there income planets.

So what if a defense cant be sabbed, you want to take it down then store plenty of uu with friends and build the strike needed to mass it, i think its ridiculus how people with huge coverts are almost unmassable.

Great idea Admin, roll with it please!

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

RepliMagni wrote:

I can think of many good reasons not to - the first being that sabbing a def down is often the only way of removing some of the massive defs: with alliance repair and alliance ppt, people can maintain an alliance mate's def indefinitely - the only way to outflank that is to sab it down quickly.

Second reason would be you're taking out a staple move that has been in the game since 05 - you have always been able to sab defs - that requires serious consideration, and not something to be done on the fly.

Now, if you want to reconfigure things, then perhaps make sab more effective against attack weps than def weps: ie: sab destroys 2% of def weps (4% if at war), but destroys 3% of attack weps (6% if at war).

Personally, if you want to bring back massing, downgrading sabotage is not the way forward. All that will achieve is to make big defs unassailable. If you want to bring back massing, then remove alliance repair - cos that is the main reason people don't mass, because they can never finish off a def before the leader/2IC/3IC repairs, and they have to start over.
Yup this!
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

Iƒrit wrote:
RepliMagni wrote:

I can think of many good reasons not to - the first being that sabbing a def down is often the only way of removing some of the massive defs: with alliance repair and alliance ppt, people can maintain an alliance mate's def indefinitely - the only way to outflank that is to sab it down quickly.

Second reason would be you're taking out a staple move that has been in the game since 05 - you have always been able to sab defs - that requires serious consideration, and not something to be done on the fly.

Now, if you want to reconfigure things, then perhaps make sab more effective against attack weps than def weps: ie: sab destroys 2% of def weps (4% if at war), but destroys 3% of attack weps (6% if at war).

Personally, if you want to bring back massing, downgrading sabotage is not the way forward. All that will achieve is to make big defs unassailable. If you want to bring back massing, then remove alliance repair - cos that is the main reason people don't mass, because they can never finish off a def before the leader/2IC/3IC repairs, and they have to start over.
Yup this!

Just seen the bottom statement, removing allaince repair would be a great move too, but as i said before not all have the levels to sab massive defenses away and getting rid of phasing would allow others not on par with everyone else covert wise to compete

RedKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Sigma
Race: System Lord

Removing sabbing defenses would be stupid, im also along with the removing/limiting of alliance repair...maybe limiting it to only alliance leader and not able to use when alliances are set to war with each other..although that would be abused/hard to implement
Sammael wrote: Well done, mate, need my pants lowered thanks ;)
~Bralor~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: ~Snow Village~

This is a terrible update admin. In my opinion massing hasn't died but it has become more costly, so some people sab part of the way through the defense and then mass it the rest of the way.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

~Bralor~ wrote:This is a terrible update admin. In my opinion massing hasn't died but it has become more costly, so some people sab part of the way through the defense and then mass it the rest of the way.

I dont think people care about the more costly part, but if you have ever tryed massing a large defense you will find out that most of the time it will phase before your finished or phase before you get near the spies, there for massing has died, sabbing is the way massing is done now which aint right

I left because of this, large defenses protected by huge covert that i couldnt touch and if i massed the defense down the good ole fashion way some git would be there repairing and wouldnt have to lift a finger to save his allaince mate

Ill keep repeating this, REMOVE PHASING!
Last edited by ~Coyle~ on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekki
Forum Addict

So Coyle, by your logic if people phase before they are massed, and you can't sab the defence out, then NO ONE can be massed.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
~Coyle~
Forum Addict

Tekki wrote:So Coyle, by your logic if people phase before they are massed, and you can't sab the defence out, then NO ONE can be massed.

That sentence made little sense and isnt what im on about

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”