Ascended Updates/Suggestions: General Discussion

Suggest any improvements
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: So what is the problem?

renegadze wrote:
Borek wrote: Another thing that was discussed a little way back was that ascended accounts are unlinked from main accounts, meaning ID numbers are randomised and God Quest no longer reports the main account. Put this in and ganging up suddenly becomes more viable.

Do this, and see how many people delete their ascended accounts, having them not linked is possibly the worst suggestion so far. If you want something that's unlinked to your main accounts, go play Choas/Quantum or other such similar games.

Borek wrote: Also if you read the notes Tekki made about Ganging up then actually it does NOT help the big accounts who have alliances, the amount of damage you can do to an account is still capped like it is now, all it allows is multiple attacks from different players to reach the cap. Currently if a person with 500 personals attacks someone with 800 personals they will probably not even break through their standard LF, let alone deplete the reserves, but you get 10 people with 500 personals and they can actually get the account with 800's down to the 33% cap every 2.5 hrs.

Yes, but you people build good accounts (on both main and ascended) because they don't want to be vulnerable to every noob who logs in....this completely penalisies those that have bothered to play. I have to accept that for me trying to descend some accounts, it's like spitting in the wind.....but the same can be said for my MS trying to take down the top 10. - You'd argue this is possible, but the target would have to be offline, their alliance would have to be away from the ppt button, and I'd have to pray someone didn't counter me, by looking at the attack logs.

Firstly i fail to see why anyone would delete there ascended account just because God Quest was removed, i mean if they WANT to be linked to their main account they can merely pick the same name or add in an alliance tag, it just means they can CHOOSE to be completely unlinked if they so desire.

secondly you are not vulnerable to every noob who logs in, you are vulnerable to a large group of people who gang up on you, but they still have to have 10x your defense score as their strikes (all of them) to personal assault you, you can still log in regularly to refresh your reserves, it just means that everyone in the game is potentially descendable, potentially being the key word. it's not easy and you can still defend yourself. Hell if you are a small player trying to take out a big one it's going to require a minor miracle because the larger player can merely keep their defense rebuilding/repaired and cannot be assaulted.

Yeah it'll change the game dynamics a lot and make people actually think about what they have and care about checking the game, but that is precisely what needs to happen to make ascended server fun.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

I like being able to know who in ascended is who in main. How else will you target them in ascended while at war with them in main?

I don't know about the 'ganging up' idea, I really would need to mull it over more in my head before i supported something like that. But at first glance doesn't seem like something an ascended being would act upon, I know the general idea is to be able to deascend someone who is well built against blocking deascension attacks, and they have worked very long and hard to achieve what levels they have. My main concern however with deascension is the fact that no matter what your stats are you are undecendable provided you log in every 7 hours - 7:29:59 and refill. Personally that given 'protection' needs to be removed or altered in some form, I see it as handicap for people to hide behind.

@ borek - its x20 strike, at least that is the warning i get when I do not have that.... I know I said x10 yesterday but I went and double checked it.
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Borek wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Borek wrote: Another thing that was discussed a little way back was that ascended accounts are unlinked from main accounts, meaning ID numbers are randomised and God Quest no longer reports the main account. Put this in and ganging up suddenly becomes more viable.

Do this, and see how many people delete their ascended accounts, having them not linked is possibly the worst suggestion so far. If you want something that's unlinked to your main accounts, go play Choas/Quantum or other such similar games.

Borek wrote: Also if you read the notes Tekki made about Ganging up then actually it does NOT help the big accounts who have alliances, the amount of damage you can do to an account is still capped like it is now, all it allows is multiple attacks from different players to reach the cap. Currently if a person with 500 personals attacks someone with 800 personals they will probably not even break through their standard LF, let alone deplete the reserves, but you get 10 people with 500 personals and they can actually get the account with 800's down to the 33% cap every 2.5 hrs.

Yes, but you people build good accounts (on both main and ascended) because they don't want to be vulnerable to every noob who logs in....this completely penalisies those that have bothered to play. I have to accept that for me trying to descend some accounts, it's like spitting in the wind.....but the same can be said for my MS trying to take down the top 10. - You'd argue this is possible, but the target would have to be offline, their alliance would have to be away from the ppt button, and I'd have to pray someone didn't counter me, by looking at the attack logs.

Firstly i fail to see why anyone would delete there ascended account just because God Quest was removed, i mean if they WANT to be linked to their main account they can merely pick the same name or add in an alliance tag, it just means they can CHOOSE to be completely unlinked if they so desire.

secondly you are not vulnerable to every noob who logs in, you are vulnerable to a large group of people who gang up on you, but they still have to have 10x your defense score as their strikes (all of them) to personal assault you, you can still log in regularly to refresh your reserves, it just means that everyone in the game is potentially descendable, potentially being the key word. it's not easy and you can still defend yourself. Hell if you are a small player trying to take out a big one it's going to require a minor miracle because the larger player can merely keep their defense rebuilding/repaired and cannot be assaulted.

Yeah it'll change the game dynamics a lot and make people actually think about what they have and care about checking the game, but that is precisely what needs to happen to make ascended server fun.

If there is no way to GQ people, and you randomised the ID's then it becomes a completely different game. People that play ascended, play because of it's link to main. If I wanted to play a server/game that wasn't linked to my main account at all, then as mentioned Chaos/Quantum are viable alternatives.

Also getting 10x\20x hell even 100x a players def before you can descend them is no biggy. This again goes back to the point I made earlier, people don't build because they are actually encouraged by the game dynamics not to. I'm going to take a punt and say most people on ascended with a large def are infact inactive.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Borek
Forum Addict

That is exactly why things need to change mate.

As it stands now a lot of smaller players or players not in the large empires will NOT actively play because the moment they farm someone there's a reasonable chance they get GQ'd and their main account is suddenly being massacred.

You are in TL, i am in Omega, it's easy for us to sit here and say Hey don't change anything because we have decent accounts in strong alliances/empires, we are top of the food chain already.

Now i want the game to be viable for EVERYONE, not just myself and my friends, if that means the account i started over 6 yrs ago is actually at risk from descension if i am not careful then so be it. I do not want to be completely untouchable like now, playing the game mechanics in such a way as to maximise my turn generation and minimise my losses, it is BORING having no challenge.

If i have to learn to play a different way and master new tactics and strategies then i am happy to do so if it leads to a more enjoyable game for all.

Just because i have mastered the game as it stands right now it does not mean the game is good, the game is terrible as proven by the simple fact that a lot of people don't bother to play at all and a lot more merely do the bare minimum.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

renegadze wrote:Also getting 10x\20x hell even 100x a players def before you can descend them is no biggy. This again goes back to the point I made earlier, people don't build because they are actually encouraged by the game dynamics not to. I'm going to take a punt and say most people on ascended with a large def are infact inactive.

As of right now the entirety of the server is undescendable, provided they log in and refill LF every 7 hours. That dynamic right there does nothing but promote inactivity nor the deisre to build stats/income to protect your account, why should you? You have no worry of being deascended.

Suppose you could only refill a limited amount of your LF per turn. How then would you protect yourself? I going to speculate taking a attrition stance of draining your opponents ATs and planets by building stats to protect yourself. While refilling what you can. This Dynamic promotes activity and development.
renegadze
Forum Elite

Iƒrit wrote:
renegadze wrote:Also getting 10x\20x hell even 100x a players def before you can descend them is no biggy. This again goes back to the point I made earlier, people don't build because they are actually encouraged by the game dynamics not to. I'm going to take a punt and say most people on ascended with a large def are infact inactive.

As of right now the entirety of the server is undescendable, provided they log in and refill LF every 7 hours. That dynamic right there does nothing but promote inactivity nor the deisre to build stats/income to protect your account, why should you? You have no worry of being deascended.

Suppose you could only refill a limited amount of your LF per turn. How then would you protect yourself? I going to speculate taking a attrition stance of draining your opponents ATs and planets by building stats to protect yourself. While refilling what you can. This Dynamic promotes activity and development.

No but the fact the lower ranked you are the more AT's you aquire, means why would I ever want to be highly ranked? why would I ever want to build a def? (having any sort of def prohibts you getting the max turns per turn)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Borek
Forum Addict

Exactly why that dynamic needs changing, sitting around statless so you maximise AT generation needs changing along with a lot of other things.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

renegadze wrote:(having any sort of def prohibts you getting the max turns per turn)

not true at all, but having something to protect your defense will. However i think that the LF regen limit would also need other suggestions to go with it to give it its full justice. Like stabilizing turns so that everyone earns the same amount no matter what rank they are OR switch it to higher ranks gaining more. But its my belief that being able to refill all your LF in one click promotes inactivity to begin with. At the moment you only need to log 3-ish times a day for 1 minute or less and refill your LF and you are undescendable, even if you have 0's.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

i see some wants ascended to be developed toward threatening main accounts and some others to be developed for the fun.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
renegadze
Forum Elite

Iƒrit wrote:
renegadze wrote:(having any sort of def prohibts you getting the max turns per turn)

not true at all, but having something to protect your defense will. However i think that the LF regen limit would also need other suggestions to go with it to give it its full justice. Like stabilizing turns so that everyone earns the same amount no matter what rank they are OR switch it to higher ranks gaining more. But its my belief that being able to refill all your LF in one click promotes inactivity to begin with. At the moment you only need to log 3-ish times a day for 1 minute or less and refill your LF and you are undescendable, even if you have 0's.

ok you build a def, and tell me how many turn you get a turn - and when I say a def, I mean something atleast mediocre.

Giving more AT's to higher ranks is also a bad idea. The bigger players could easily fill the higher ranks if this was the case, giving the small less turns, ergo less chance of farming to compete.

The only answer I see to this is to actually provide more turns period, for everyone
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

add a market trade x amount of DMU for x amount of turns and make the amount of turns available limited per account per day....

like 3k turns extra from market per day + what you normally receive :)

don't allow them to be traded then people will just sell them for main resources.

golden
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the ascended server was meant to be a lone player game style , yr ascend being would race others to the top. the god guest shows the connection to main so far bring main issues to it and vice versa, figure out if it doesnt show it then who likes to play it would race the other unknown beings to the top in a bloody battle.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Borek
Forum Addict

Yeah some sort of market trade for turns along with a fixed generation rate for all regardless of rank would work, although i think 3k a day is way, way over the top (especially since the limit is 2k now in total). I think 500 turns twice a week along with 5 AT's per turn for all would be more like it, perhaps also allow the MT's to have planets as an option if you are below 1 billion, so the smaller/newer players can get a boost at the start.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

renegadze wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:

ok you build a def, and tell me how many turn you get a turn - and when I say a def, I mean something atleast mediocre.

Giving more AT's to higher ranks is also a bad idea. The bigger players could easily fill the higher ranks if this was the case, giving the small less turns, ergo less chance of farming to compete.

The only answer I see to this is to actually provide more turns period, for everyone

Code: Select all

Defensive Power    18,895,680,000,000,000    Ranked 299

goes between 2200 and 2700
renegadze
Forum Elite

Iƒrit wrote:
renegadze wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:

Code: Select all

Defensive Power    18,895,680,000,000,000    Ranked 299

goes between 2200 and 2700

and you have a covert to defend the assassins that protect that?

and you allow for the rank mod that changes you rank every now and then?

i.e there are 5656 accounts showing on ascended, but my strike is ranked 6208...and every turn even if I do nothing that changes
Spoiler
ImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”