Ascended Updates/Suggestions: General Discussion

Suggest any improvements
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Re: So what is the problem?

Whatever
Last edited by Calibretto on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Robe wrote:I disagree. I know of many players that have significantly improved their ascended accounts in under 3-6 months by simply logging in and farming for 10 minutes a day.

Lets use Main as a baseline for comparison.
How long would it take to build a good account in main (with 23 Ascensions and Covert 38)?

It's considerably easier to build a good account in ascended than it is in main.

However, you do need to log in to play.

This i agree with.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

A lot of people have fallen behind in ascended because they don't actively play the server. Robe is right that if you just regularly farm even a little bit you can build a resonable account within a few months, in main it takes much longer for you to build a good account.

My main issue with ascended is that the 1/5th rule prevents newly ascended players from farming for the first 6 months whilst they build up their army size. If that rule was altered so they can farm at least some players then the catch-up time would be reduced.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Lithium wrote:test:

Total Offensive Capacity 1,086,672,279

Starting with 175,009,834 weildable life force, with 1,995,130,304 attack potential after accounting for energy attack power and skill,~Lithium~

again this isnt the solution of the problems, it just postpone the issue again

It does postpone the issue..what is clearly being attempted here is a way bring the power down and the weakness up and level the feild all in the name of "fairness"..stop jacking around with the mechanics..the game as a whole has lost its luster and it is not visibly appealing..change this aspect then change mechanics. AGAIN

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Well the first thing we need is a user guide , so many ppl don't play simply because they don't know how.

and I agree it is quiet easy to build a good ascended account, (if you know how)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Rottenking wrote:i belive activity is the key problem, people dont log in and make the effort.
maybe it could be accounted for the fact people dont know how to play. or dont want to learn to play

some of the key issues i belive plauge the ascended server:
* new players cannot catch up to the "average" account (im talking about a new player who has ascended for the first time, cannot get to 2bill planets fast enough to farm the big ammounts)

now the point of this thread is to identify the key problems. so does anyone disagree with what i perceive as the problems

im sorry to say i built my account to 1.4 bill TOC 1400 stats and 900 mill CER in less 6 months maybe around4 months its easy to do if you know how and want to im well above average player here it takes longer to ascend in main to unknow

the problem is people who are AG to unknowns dont play ascended fine they shouldnt take 5 hours to kill there are lots of people I decended that are high level ascended in main and less than 100 stats in ascended still take 5 hours to kill how fair is it on people who played ascended for them to waste 5 hours of our lives when in all likelyhood they havent spent 5 hours on ascended PERIOD

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
renegadze
Forum Elite

As said, it's just a problem because $$ spenders cant sit idle for many years then all of a sudden be top dog.

This is how main should have been.....if you want it...YOU work for it.

If you don't want to play ascended...don't ascend
If you already have and don't wanna play, put it on vac...or become daimon....you have choices.

If you still wish to receive all your ascended bonuses...man the hell up and do what the rest of us have to do....play!

The "I don't have time" excuse, is flimsy at best....some of the people using this farm turn after turn in main....and the turn change on both severs is staggered, so if you're online for an hour you can farm 2 turns on main and an ascended turn in between
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

renegadze wrote:
I heard one of your suggestions would be to start over with ascended...i.e a reset.

Where did I say this? Please do not put words into my mouth, I find that disrespectful.

I disagree on the catching up though. In the past when DD dominated the server it was impossible to catch up, so changes were made and viola it was possible again. This is a similar situation. I am NOT suggesting that it should be easy, just that it should be possible. There simply is not enough DMU out in the game and the relative costs of the levels make it YEARS before anyone gets to catch up. Now I don't mean get someone to a good account, I mean catch up to the top account. If you are catching up, then you should aim for the best.

That IS NOT POSSIBLE and even if you get a 'good' account, with the current mechanics (which maybe have changed) then you still can't do diddly against them.

How is that in any way conducive to making an active server? It's not. If you know it can't be done then you won't do it and right now it can't be done and catch up to a good account takes 2 yearish of flat out farming. Sorry not likely to happen.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:Well the first thing we need is a user guide , so many ppl don't play simply because they don't know how.

and I agree it is quiet easy to build a good ascended account, (if you know how)

There are many userguides around but still a valid point, they need to stick one in the bunch of links at the top left corner.

So the problem is... people are just too lazy?
More onto the original post, either ascended has to be classed as a separate server or an extension from main. If its an extension on main nothing really matters bar descending and defending, because thats all its there for really (+ or - the small bits like relationships, gaining DMU etc).
So does the effects of being descended need to be increased as to shake up and wake up people on main?

My simple suggestion would be to make your TOC exponentially stronger when attacking someone, so that your power is relative to the amount of attacks you have incurred on the enemy, but not a permanent increase, and the TOC increase ONLY affecting the opponent.
That way no one is powerful, unless you attack someone for some time, and no one is undescendable because you can only reach up to 2/5ths of their life force reserves.

This is aside from fixing all the mistakes and all the crap that admin hasnt fixed on the server.

And for everyone that says catching up is impossible, now you know what it feels like in main for a huge chunk of players, its exactly the same. You expect them to do 23 ascensions, 1 trill MS and 36 covert. Whats that? Under a year if you power ascend. Assuming you dont buy your way up to the top, which will still take time to do anyway.
And no its not impossible to catch up on ascended, just takes time, which as said before is good, its how main should be, the cost gets exponentially larger so the big people take longer to grow so the smaller ones can catch up.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

renegadze wrote:As said, it's just a problem because $$ spenders cant sit idle for many years then all of a sudden be top dog.

If you already have and don't wanna play, put it on vac...or become daimon....you have choices.

If you still wish to receive all your ascended bonuses...man the hell up and do what the rest of us have to do....play!

The "I don't have time" excuse, is flimsy at best....some of the people using this farm turn after turn in main....and the turn change on both severs is staggered, so if you're online for an hour you can farm 2 turns on main and an ascended turn in between

STHU ..your alliance is NOW the biggest $$ spenders in the game....lol

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rocky
Tollan
Race: Italian Stallion

Jedi~Tank wrote:
renegadze wrote:As said, it's just a problem because $$ spenders cant sit idle for many years then all of a sudden be top dog.

even if it were, doesn't mean he'd support the use of $$. Ascended is fresh in that sense, that you do have to work for your account, and that you can't trade or buy your way to the top. Id say its too complicated as others have already pointed out, took me ages to get used to it, and im still not used to it 8-[
But its not too hard to improve your ascended to a decent level by any shot. I can guarantee if you spend half the time you spend on main, on ascended, your account will look very very good, very soon.... If your active in main that is...
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rocky wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

even if it were, doesn't mean he'd support the use of $$. Ascended is fresh in that sense, that you do have to work for your account, and that you can't trade or buy your way to the top. Id say its too complicated as others have already pointed out, took me ages to get used to it, and im still not used to it 8-[
But its not too hard to improve your ascended to a decent level by any shot. I can guarantee if you spend half the time you spend on main, on ascended, your account will look very very good, very soon.... If your active in main that is...

I dont disagree with that..with this new change (cudo's to whomever had jasons ear in the name of fairness..lol) it will cause the working class of the games membership to leave..mark my words here..it will happen.

Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

smone can answer me why this happened now???

im not against having the possibility to descend even actives but this isnt the way

doubling TOC will just increase the gap.

there is a ration or % in investing DMU to increase TOC or anti TOC lvl's , that ration was broken for long time so many players with little work could be undescendable.
Fixing the ration fix the issue not doubling power.

what i see now is in 24 hrs u get descended if u ve your levels at 800 , but whos that one tha tplays ascended every 12 hrs , every day , cmone lets not talk about 2hrs limit and 1/3 LF removed /hit. 90% of that server can be descended in 12 hrs so figure out.

u go sleep , go at work and on return u are descended , lol give me break.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Jedi~Tank wrote:I dont disagree with that..with this new change (cudo's to whomever had jasons ear in the name of fairness..lol) it will cause the working class of the games membership to leave..mark my words here..it will happen.

well the main issue that I found it, it's in Main. you rely on $$ too much. Limiting the amount of $ you can spend / week / account.
The huge difference between 1 New Guy to #100 it's huge and you can't compete with that.

As for 2x the TOC, Vacations on Ascended will became the basics. People just don't make time to fight in Main and in Ascended anymore. Or they don't.

Also, wasn't Debates first than Implementing the solutions?
Since you are admin, you can figure it out by yourself: You are loosing players if you do stuff like this. Communism era has gone.. Check today wars. ;)
Last edited by HgE on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekki
Forum Addict

What I'm seeing here is that some people seem to think it's okay to work to get a 'decent' account - which I won't argue with, yes you do have to work to get a decent account BUT that they do not want it changed so that that descent account can REALISTICALLY damage the 'best' accounts.

There obviously needs to be some work put into Ascension by people but what are those who have been doing the work afraid of? Are you afraid that you will be hurt if people can realistically catch up?
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Suggestions”