Military Experience in Ascended

Suggest any improvements

Insert Military Experience into Ascended (but not rank)

Yes (please state why)
54%
No (please state why)
46%

Total votes: 24
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Military Experience in Ascended

Should Military Experience be implemented in Ascended so players can measure their performance - to make it real?

Please state your reasons when voting so that others can better understand your thinking.

I have enabled the function to allow for a change of vote should someone present an effective argument
that sways your opinion.

However, you need to eventually decide because you can only select one option.

Amended with feedback
ME would not include Ranking to avoid any potential lag.
Last edited by Robe on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Re: Military Experience in Ascended

i said yes, as of currentely. I dont see why there isnt one. Even if there was massing on behalf of it on main, so? Alot of people still do it on ascended as of now.
Apart from that its not like you will do it all the time when your limited to 2k AT's.
No doubt it would be a good way to keep track of things as well. Especially in wars and vendetta's. Although maybe it shouldnt go so far as to being ranked, but a number counter would suffice.
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

Yes. For as SoL stated, wars.. farming, just a means to keep track really.

Good suggestion Robe!
Death is the Road to Awe

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

No,,, for the same reasons I never liked it in main. It will create players who seek out smaller, weaker, or poorly built accounts just to kill them for no other reason then a shiny number to allow them to claim they are better then someone else.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

I voted yes, it does not need to be ranked, and should not be. However, It would be nice to have it or something similar that can keep records of your progress.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Lore wrote:No,,, for the same reasons I never liked it in main. It will create players who seek out smaller, weaker, or poorly built accounts just to kill them for no other reason then a shiny number to allow them to claim they are better then someone else.

+1
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:
Lore wrote:No,,, for the same reasons I never liked it in main. It will create players who seek out smaller, weaker, or poorly built accounts just to kill them for no other reason then a shiny number to allow them to claim they are better then someone else.

+1

+2

Image Image Image
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

i said no

Kills are ME on ascended thats fine for me

HOWEVER if changes like the 12 hour rule to decend people comes in base minimum then i will change my vote as killing will go down (likely)

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

i love checking how much ive farmed and killed...

thats why a few years ago i suggested same thing and all said no :(

Hopefully if someone more popular like urself suggests it then poof it might happen :-D
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Tekki
Forum Addict

We already have people descending weaker accounts to get their kill count up and currently they aren't ranked. ME will just be the same except if ranked then just kill-a-holics will come out and destroy things just because they can. Not because they have skill or ability.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Maybe if all it kept track of was DMU farmed but then with all the people buying DMU it wont be a massive indicator of the truth :?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

random massing is fun it gets people just to log on and see how much they can kill.

Ascended random massing lol never thought id write that but i would log on ascended every day to random mass people for fun and to see if i can get a descent ME rank :D

I vote Yes it promotes activity doesn't matter if the "wrong" people suffer for not playing ascended to the Military type of style (assassins,covert,defense,attack skills + High CER rates)

It would bring allot more fun into ascended :)

Golden
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

the ones that are big are the ones that actually logged on and did something :)

You can't dismiss an update like this because 70% of players don't give a *Filtered* about ascended and are literally noobs up there.....

It would give Ascended some Purpose and give those that find it fun to see there accomplishments...

and while your at it admin PLEASE remove 5x cap so its not so limited and those with them big army's can take damage :)

Golden
One of the 30% that loves and plays ascended....

EDIT: you might come at me with the statement that New players will fall victim to these people going around random massing up there but it won't change as those new players never stick around on ascended to build anything worth it for someone to mass.

This would allow players to kill them massive stat builders ;)
Golden's Trade feedback
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

SuperSaiyan wrote:
GOLDEN WING wrote:the ones that are big are the ones that actually logged on and did something :)

You can't dismiss an update like this because 70% of players don't give a *Filtered* about ascended and are literally noobs up there.....

It would give Ascended some Purpose and give those that find it fun to see there accomplishments...

and while your at it admin PLEASE remove 5x cap so its not so limited and those with them big army's can take damage :)

Golden

No but I can dismiss a suggestion if i feel its going to do more harm than good. An update for the benefit of current actives, that has no regard to potential future actives is going to do way more harm than it will benefit. But I'm not going to dislodge discussion further, I've given my opinion and I stand by it.

Promoting ME hunting will hinder new people playing ascended. It'll turn it into a mock of main, not exactly worth playing 2 of the same server.

Im guessing their isnt nearly the amount of random massers as you believe there to be. There are those of us who are not random massers and would like it to keep a record. But let all the bad apples ruin it for the rest, its ok.
Tekki
Forum Addict

GOLDEN WING wrote:the ones that are big are the ones that actually logged on and did something :)

Golden

EDIT: you might come at me with the statement that New players will fall victim to these people going around random massing up there but it won't change as those new players never stick around on ascended to build anything worth it for someone to mass.

This would allow players to kill them massive stat builders ;)

1. Many people consider ascended to be screwed because it was never really 'right' when released and the various updates have all been to try and fix it. So if it's never been right, why should people have cared about it?

2. As for the statement I highlighted. Geez, we are meant to be ENCOURAGING THE NOOBLINGS TO STAY AROUND. If they do not stay around the game dies and your fun becomes 0. But I guess that's a consideration you don't care about.

If it is to come in, then it should not be ranked, because that is really just an exercise in seeing who can kill what because someone accidentally or honestly did not know the functioning of ascended. There is after all, no EASY to find help guide, though there have been some volunteers to write one.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Suggestions”