Massing Updates

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Re: Massing Updates

A huge victory for the minority of players and snipers.
Snipers now get to have their cake and eat it too (hit without interference and run to 4 x 3 hours of PPT).
A great loss for the majority of players, common sense and logic.

Alliance Repairs
Should not have been reduced by 93%.

Alliance PPT
Alliances should be able to use PPT as they see fit and not be grouped into 4 x 3 hours.
Grouping the PPT has unnecessarily reduced the functionality of this feature for different alliance requirements.

New Cost of Repairs and PPT
The formula for costing gifts has jumped off the sanity scale!

The cost of Alliance Repairs went from 2b to 400b.
The cost of Alliance PPT went from approx 2b to 600b.

12 hours later the costs has dramatically increased again.

Alliance Repair went from 400b to 550b.
The Cost of Alliance PPT went from 600b to 840b.

Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Admin, the calculations for cost is out of wack, and especially unfair when it can be easily got around. Basing it off of members and the time the alliance has been formed is at quite a stupid level. There is nothing to provoke anyone to remain in an alliance, that is instead of disbanding and/or creating smaller alliances to lower costs. Sure it will slow the income to the alliance down a bit if they do but that will pale in comparison to anything else. It would just be easier making the cost in direct proportion to the amount of members.
Also at your comment earlier about the reason you made it, was to defend someone else, well if your online and see it *back in the ol days* you could have just massed the offender, or sabbed.
Deadliest Wes
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: Oni System Lord
ID: 68005
Alternate name(s): Your Worse Nightmare, The Butcher!

Admin why dont you listen to people who actually care about this game, you are ruining it badly.
Thanks.
6 Titan Accounts Decended since April 10, 2011
If you have traded with me please post feedback. Here
Tekki wrote:I'm kinda happy that he's chosen to come back... :P
Other Sign
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

then why repairing 30t strike/def with 5b ? what about 100t?

even 1t allie repair is worth protecting a 50t def from being massed , its not worth being used often tho but... figure out there are small alliances and lone wolfs in this game that pays that price daily why shouldnt an alliance of 30 accounts at 400m size?
those bonuses just ruin the game of some and ease the game of some others.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Why is everyone moaning so much? I was one of the biggest offenders with the massive strike hitting 0defs and using alliance repair at the end and in those cases repairing my weapons normally would have often cost me over 1T.

Same as with massing big defenses with a big strike, repairing my weapons should have cost well over 1T yet it cost 2b? That's a joke. At least now the prices are more proportional so people think before hitting the good ol' crack button.

@Robe, at a glance your alliance has 20+ members with 400mill+ armies, a few with 500mill+. I'm sure your alliance bank can handle it.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

stuff of legends wrote:Admin, the calculations for cost is out of wack, and especially unfair when it can be easily got around. Basing it off of members and the time the alliance has been formed is at quite a stupid level. There is nothing to provoke anyone to remain in an alliance, that is instead of disbanding and/or creating smaller alliances to lower costs. Sure it will slow the income to the alliance down a bit if they do but that will pale in comparison to anything else. It would just be easier making the cost in direct proportion to the amount of members.
Also at your comment earlier about the reason you made it, was to defend someone else, well if your online and see it *back in the ol days* you could have just massed the offender, or sabbed.

=D>

.... Now Duderanch, how about my alliance, eh?

Robe does an awesome job of looking out for the likes of mine in the updates as well... :D

**UPDATE:

Far Left Tab:

GameTime: Apr17 - 02:04.01

Alliance: (cost 1% income)
Alliance Bank: 39,497,411,267,561

Far Right Tab:

GameTime: Apr17 - 02:45.27

Alliance: (cost 1% income)
Alliance Bank: 39,504,860,068,445
Last edited by Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Duderanch wrote:Why is everyone moaning so much? I was one of the biggest offenders with the massive strike hitting 0defs and using alliance repair at the end and in those cases repairing my weapons normally would have often cost me over 1T.

Same as with massing big defenses with a big strike, repairing my weapons should have cost well over 1T yet it cost 2b? That's a joke. At least now the prices are more proportional so people think before hitting the good ol' crack button.

indeed its still profitable in peace time just for farming with 30t strike. war times not much
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Robe
Aussie Icon

Honours and Awards

Duderanch wrote:Why is everyone moaning so much?

I think its called cost benefit or cost effective analysis.

No one is going to buy a "GIFT" that costs more than the benefit ;)
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Robe wrote:
Duderanch wrote:Why is everyone moaning so much?

I think its called cost benefit or cost effective analysis.

No one is going to buy a "GIFT" that costs more than the benefit ;)

lol... yea, when the alliance gifts first came out last year,

our alliance took a vote, and El Mag authorized to use 250 - 500 bil naq on bank upgrades...

he didn't get nearly that far with the upgrades that cost 1 bil at the time...

because he couldn't spot the difference...

He seriously thought that they were not working...
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

How is it not cost effective? Just because it's not dirt cheap? You can't just hit the repair button constantly? Just pressing it a couple times can let your alliance mate phase before he loses his def...

Alliance repair took a lot of skill out of the game, even live battles began to suck because people didn't have to take naq out their bank to repair.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
twistie666
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Unknøwn Łegacy
Race: Asgard
ID: 90384

i agree with duderanch. i still prefer the game when it was standard massng not all this sabbing the new massing.
Robe
Aussie Icon

Honours and Awards

twistie666 wrote:i still prefer the game when it was standard massng not all this sabbing the new massing.
So do I.
However, the House Updates are here to stay so we need balanced updates that don't just favour one style of play.
2011 Descensions
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
twistie666
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Unknøwn Łegacy
Race: Asgard
ID: 90384

i say we lave the house updates but make it the old way of massing or atleast the same as a sab mass. so the it brings back balance to the game not who has the most $$ to spend on covert levels. it gives all players a chance to do damage no matter who their opponent is
Lithium
Forum Zombie

old skol has always been the best way , free bonuses just complicated everything. we tested them and many dont like em much resulting in making massing unaffordable and and players grouping in large groups , no diversity in wars , just one reason for a huge war.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Robe
Aussie Icon

Honours and Awards

Duderanch wrote:How is it not cost effective?
The exponential costs will soon result in most gifts being unaffordable for anyone but those in new or small alliances.

First the costs of Alliance Repairs and increasing alliance banks went from 2b to 400b (20k % and rising)
and the cost of Alliance PPT went from approx 2b to 600b (30k % and rising).

Just 12 hours later the costs increased again

Alliance Repair went from 400b to 560b.
The Cost of Alliance PPT went from 600b to 840b.

Just 8 hours later the costs have increased again

Alliance Repair went from 560b to 590b.
The Cost of Alliance PPT went from 840b to 880b.

So it wont take long before no one will see the benefit of using a significant portion of their entire alliance bank to buy just one alliance bank upgrade, or one alliance repair or one PPT.
Last edited by Robe on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
2011 Descensions
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”