UK AV referendum

Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

UK AV referendum

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Re: UK AV referendum

it will be mute in the next election if it goes through as the main reason it was good was because its a 3party split 2 big one medium with some small

liberals will take a hammering this is there last horrah so if it passes it will be pointless and first past the post suits a 2 main party system lol

PS id prefer AV before the liberals messed up id prob still vote for it IF i thought the liberals would still be a party but meh

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

The argument made on Question Time ( BBC political debate program ) was

Pro's

The current system means voting in constituencies, the country divided into area's by previous governments designed to make seats secure, in many constituencies where a single party has a majority those who dont like the party with the majority simply dont bother voting because they know their votes make no difference. The ideal system to sort this out is proportional representation but AV would also help though not as much.

MPs should have at least 50% of votes to get in.

AV should mean the more people are represented by their 2nd choice if their 1st choice has no chance, and by combining 2nd choices you could end up with a Party getting 50% of 2nd choice votes beating a Party who would have won in the current system with only 30% of 1st choice votes.

Cons

Most people agree AV will cause more Minority or Coalition Governments, and that this gives those in power the excuse to break election promises due to compromises that must be made to gain votes from other Parties.

IMO

Proportional representation is the only true democracy, it is the least accountable in Party politics, but the most accountable if people are interested enough to check which way their local MPs have voted on key topics.

AV is a compromise, has some good effects like reducing the 'safe seats' where voting is currently pointless for many, stopping tactical voting and allowing people to put their true 1st choice knowing that their 2nd choice could still stop the Party they oppose. The 'cons' point about more coalitions and compromises in election promises after is valid but TBH even without coalitions governments often break promised based on the economy being worse than they expected or some other excuse so broken promises is not limited to coalitions.

First past the post ( current system ) means that Governments often run the country even when the majority of people didnt vote for them. Only real advantage is one party rule, one party accountable for judgments and actions taken.

I will vote in favor of AV

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

What "input" are you expecting exactly (that was clearly aimed at me and a couple others)?

No amount of change to anything in our political system will either amount to anything constructive, or beneficial for "us" so long as we have a private bank in control of our money and economy.

It's all a show, behind the scenes these guys are all good bum-chums while in front of the camera they argue about insignificant and petty things while our country is being flushed down the crapper...and that's the bottom line.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

You'll have to excuse my scepticism...probably a good idea to be honest at this point and tell you that i haven't got the slightest idea what all this is about. i only waded in the way i did because of this: "I'm surprised this hasnt had more input, especially from the usual suspects of anti-establishment postings."

So, how about you fill me in :-)

Before you do that though, i should be honest and tell you that it wont make the least bit of difference...unless the Rothschild's hold of our economy and their control of our currency is also about to be handed back to parliament
if not, then who the hell cares who we are voting for and how we vote for them when every single candidate is bought and paid for whether they know it or not.

Rothschild's quote in my sig should tell you everything you need to know.

-David Icke
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I'm in favour of proportional representation - get rid of the antiquated idea of a local MP and make it one man one vote on a national level. Afterall, the vast majority of people don't even care who their local MP actually is; they vote for the Party they want to rule the country. So why don't we make our political voting system actually reflect this?

I'm not a big fan of AV though....I'd have supported a full shift to proportional representation, but AV is neither one nor the other 8-[
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Haven't had anything in my post about any of this. i don't buy any of the rags and don't follow the mainstream news, and seeing how i only vote UKIP and only UKIP, makes no difference to me.

BTW, i haven't even bothered looking to see what all this fuss is about...much ado about nothing!

-David Icke
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:Haven't had anything in my post about any of this. i don't buy any of the rags and don't follow the mainstream news, and seeing how i only vote UKIP and only UKIP, makes no difference to me.

That explains a lot. :-"

[KMA]Avenger wrote:BTW, i haven't even bothered looking to see what all this fuss is about...much ado about nothing!

Its only the biggest change to the electoral system we're likely to ever see....
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

What change or benefit for us voters are you expecting exactly?

PS, as for your condemnation of my choice of political party....the other 2 (the 3rd one is a joke, a bad joke) have done such a fantastic job and offer different options that you can condemn my choice?

As for choice between the 2 major parties...both have taxed us to breaking point, both have let the UK be flooded with illegal immigrants and cheap labour. both support the EU. both have engaged in illegal wars. both sides have lied so much that i doubt even they know a true word when it's rarely spoken in parliament. i could go on and on showing you just how similar both parties really ar, but there is little point seeing how this will fall on deaf ears as usual.
The only choice we have between them is one taxes us more openly than the other.

so please don't condemn my choice, you don't have that right!

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Point taken, i also agree wholeheartedly with the 2nd part regarding free speech.

-David Icke
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

[KMA]Avenger wrote:What change or benefit for us voters are you expecting exactly?

PS, as for your condemnation of my choice of political party....the other 2 (the 3rd one is a joke, a bad joke) have done such a fantastic job and offer different options that you can condemn my choice?

As for choice between the 2 major parties...both have taxed us to breaking point, both have let the UK be flooded with illegal immigrants and cheap labour. both support the EU. both have engaged in illegal wars. both sides have lied so much that i doubt even they know a true word when it's rarely spoken in parliament. i could go on and on showing you just how similar both parties really ar, but there is little point seeing how this will fall on deaf ears as usual.
The only choice we have between them is one taxes us more openly than the other.

so please don't condemn my choice, you don't have that right!

Touch defensive there old boy. I couldn't care less who you vote for. ;)

I was actually talking about the "mainstream" news comment....kinda explains why every link you post is from a blog or theorist website :smt050

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”