Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

If I start playing Quantum..

.. how would I go about it best? :)

I am thinking about taking up Quantum; would you guys recommend it, and if yes, can you recommend strategies?
(Aside from the obvious "wait until the next wave starts")
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: If I start playing Quantum..

You would make an account now and mess around for the next 11 days (that when this era finishes) to familiarise yourself with the layout. As a main player, that shouldn't be hard.

Then wait for next era to start, focus mainly on UP for the first 2 months then start to stat build for the last 1 month and try to get the best overall stats.

Easy. :D

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

and ally yourself with good friends you trust. if you attack active players then be ready
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

I made an account: id=30194
Thanks Hippy, EnVy! :)

Looks like there are a lot of possible ways to spend farmed naq. ;)
Unit Production 4,324,925 /day (4,281,677 total)

*grin* I take it I am about 100 times lower than the top UP? :D
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Top UP is about 22mil (if using quantum focus on UP then about 55mil total)

I would get about 5-10m UP then just play around with stats and see how it all works.

To give you an idea of what you need to be rank 1... you currently need:

Offense over 70,000 trillion
Defense over 600,000 trillion
Covert over 500,000,000,000
Anti-Covert over 200,000,000,000
MotherShip Action over 6,000 trillion

Yes I based that on my stats, but mine are all quite a bit higher :)

Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

HippyFool wrote:You would make an account now and mess around for the next 11 days (that when this era finishes) to familiarise yourself with the layout. As a main player, that shouldn't be hard.

Then wait for next era to start, focus mainly on UP for the first 2 months then start to stat build for the last 1 month and try to get the best overall stats.

Easy. :D

Ask questions of HippyFool, High Empty, S1eepy (if the old fart is active playing), knight, and others who are in the Top 10-25 of the Quantum Legends listing. Maybe even Akhal will be kind enough to give you some of HIS secrets... HAHA These are the long time top players of all time from the Quantum Server. They will help you as they did me and many others. There is also the whole Affy gang of cohorts, converts, and convicts and we usually make a merry band who can help! Also, every new Era there are Tweaks, and especially some sort of special feature that makes each Q Era unique - and therefore always changing. This feature is good because it adds variety, and, especially, gives a uniquely false hope to old idiots and long time Quantum hackers like me that I have a chance to beat players like the above mentioned... HAHA

Also, stay tuned into the Forums, as, Quantum is the SGW game for narcissistic braggards (like Bad-Affy) who like to figure things out then brag about it to everyone so that we can claim to be the first to figure it out. This has the advantage of allowing anyone who stays up on the Forums, avoids getting caught up reading Affy's long-azz postings, and has time to stay current that they can utilize the new knowledge gained fast enough to stay close to the Top players. Plus you get the new Era's info from Admin/Forum, as well as see our intellectual ramblings of how we suspect the new Era will play out. Then, High Empty or Hippy gets out a calculator and does their SGW Quantum wizardry and figures out the math of the Era and I beg them for any info I can glean from their brainstormings. Once I get this info I pass it on to those who I deem worthy, which, are those who laugh at my Forum jokes and BS, and is pretty much anyone who asks old man Affy nicely.

If, we can get life back in the Forums, and hence Quantum again, and couple it with a fairly Bug-free Q Era with a fun/great special feature, we will get you hooked on the every 90 day recyclable varietal fun-fest that is Q! Best thing about Q, it is only 90 days so if you muck it up, it restarts soon. Worst thing about Q, even if you are playing your best ever Era it restarts in 90 days! [-X
(Hence, no matter HOW brilliant or stupid you can manage to be at Q - it only lasts for 90 days! #-o )

Lastly, watch the Top players and ask them/follow their lead. All except Affy, whatever he does he has a tendency to start strong, build a good lead, then somehow do something idiotic to flush all his advantage down the toilet and finish also-ran every Era. Do as he says, not as he does, because it is a fun ride to mediocrity in Quantum! :smt089

Golden Rule for Quantum: Largest Daily UP = Army/Power = Top 5 finish in Q!

Glad to have you, glad you can play with Affy :-$ , always good to have more Q players :smt047 , but especially it is good to have you here with Affy.
Did I mention that Q is funnest due to Affy? :smt078
HAHA
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

EnVy! wrote:and ally yourself with good friends you trust. if you attack active players then be ready

Envy is allot of fun to play with don't be his friend :D Era is boring when you are not an enemy of Envy :) ask Ace or alcaurd they might agree :)
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

[-X ask your momma
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Oh. :shock: Wow. Those are some heavy stats. :D I got my UP to 5 and a bit, about 12m with focus. Will play around with stats, investing here and there, see what goes up and what goes where.. ;) 55m UP. Huge. :D
HippyFool wrote:Top UP is about 22mil (if using quantum focus on UP then about 55mil total)

I would get about 5-10m UP then just play around with stats and see how it all works.
[spoiler]To give you an idea of what you need to be rank 1... you currently need:

Offense over 70,000 trillion
Defense over 600,000 trillion
Covert over 500,000,000,000
Anti-Covert over 200,000,000,000
MotherShip Action over 6,000 trillion

Yes I based that on my stats, but mine are all quite a bit higher :)[/spoiler]

Well, if you can do it, 'old man'.. I sure should.. :P *chuckles* I looked over the Updates page to get an idea of these unique elements in each wave.. looks very varied! Fun fun. :D
Affirmation wrote:Ask questions of HippyFool, High Empty, S1eepy (if the old fart is active playing), knight, and others who are in the Top 10-25 of the Quantum Legends listing. Maybe even Akhal will be kind enough to give you some of HIS secrets... HAHA These are the long time top players of all time from the Quantum Server. They will help you as they did me and many others. There is also the whole Affy gang of cohorts, converts, and convicts and we usually make a merry band who can help! Also, every new Era there are Tweaks, and especially some sort of special feature that makes each Q Era unique - and therefore always changing. This feature is good because it adds variety, and, especially, gives a uniquely false hope to old idiots and long time Quantum hackers like me that I have a chance to beat players like the above mentioned... HAHA

Haha, your posts are part of what caught my eye in Quantum. I like this idea of people posting their ideas, just because they figured it out first. *grin* Only way to prove it, isn't it? ;) Sounds fun.
Affirmation wrote:Also, stay tuned into the Forums, as, Quantum is the SGW game for narcissistic braggards (like Bad-Affy) who like to figure things out then brag about it to everyone so that we can claim to be the first to figure it out. This has the advantage of allowing anyone who stays up on the Forums, avoids getting caught up reading Affy's long-azz postings, and has time to stay current that they can utilize the new knowledge gained fast enough to stay close to the Top players. Plus you get the new Era's info from Admin/Forum, as well as see our intellectual ramblings of how we suspect the new Era will play out. Then, High Empty or Hippy gets out a calculator and does their SGW Quantum wizardry and figures out the math of the Era and I beg them for any info I can glean from their brainstormings. Once I get this info I pass it on to those who I deem worthy, which, are those who laugh at my Forum jokes and BS, and is pretty much anyone who asks old man Affy nicely.

Excellent.. 90 days is an overseeable period of time. 26*90 days too.. *grin* And bug-free? Does that even exist? :D With the quality group of people hanging out here, I can't imagine why there wouldn't be life here. :) Quantity might be an issue, there..
Affirmation wrote:If, we can get life back in the Forums, and hence Quantum again, and couple it with a fairly Bug-free Q Era with a fun/great special feature, we will get you hooked on the every 90 day recyclable varietal fun-fest that is Q! Best thing about Q, it is only 90 days so if you muck it up, it restarts soon. Worst thing about Q, even if you are playing your best ever Era it restarts in 90 days! [-X
(Hence, no matter HOW brilliant or stupid you can manage to be at Q - it only lasts for 90 days! #-o )

Great advice, I'm sure. :P Having fun is as good a reason to play, of course.. but finishing good is a rather nice prospect to have. :D
Affirmation wrote:Lastly, watch the Top players and ask them/follow their lead. All except Affy, whatever he does he has a tendency to start strong, build a good lead, then somehow do something idiotic to flush all his advantage down the toilet and finish also-ran every Era. Do as he says, not as he does, because it is a fun ride to mediocrity in Quantum! :smt089

Golden Rule for Quantum: Largest Daily UP = Army/Power = Top 5 finish in Q!

Glad to have you, glad you can play with Affy :-$ , always good to have more Q players :smt047 , but especially it is good to have you here with Affy.
Did I mention that Q is funnest due to Affy? :smt078
HAHA

;) I know Envy, Golden. From a while ago, back on Main. :P Know he's crazy fun. So are you part of this mad bunch too? :D
GOLDEN WING wrote:
EnVy! wrote:and ally yourself with good friends you trust. if you attack active players then be ready
Envy is allot of fun to play with don't be his friend :D Era is boring when you are not an enemy of Envy :) ask Ace or alcaurd they might agree :)
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

no he is part of that bunch that plays main so so... then comes to quantum with big mouth and rich friends and tries to buy it and then his rich friends wine and cry because admin doesnt bow down to the dollar. and then they quit

but i will say admin has come a long way with quantum this wave... this is gonna be the first wave in a long time where so many people have a chance to win and finish top ranks. very even matched this time since he (admin) didn't allow feeding... yahhhhh.

if you get bored in main ... this is really a good place to enjoy some wars and have a little more action... and as for people playing quantum ... i believe jason finally did a big step in stopping feeding to allow us to get a bunch of players back to quantum... i expect a fun packed wave next era
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

used to lol i prefer to just go there and sit on Envy and watch him whine thats the fun of it :P
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine

Welcome! Good to see another lady here! Now if we can get a few more maybe we can show the boyz how it's done :smt047
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

@GOLDEN - you actually log in more to forums than quantum. and you have no skill for this game... better at talking than playing

@juliette- i hope we get to work together one day.

@ elg - oh stop it... mans game :-)
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
HippyFool
Forum Elder

ElgCaress wrote:Welcome! Good to see another lady here! Now if we can get a few more maybe we can show the boyz how it's done :smt047

I am sensing a battle of the sexes era! I'll make a boys alliance if you make a girls one! :D

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Battle of sexes?
Hmmm perhaps even good ol' Jack might stop by to show the ladies that they should rather spend their time figuring how to please their gods instead of challenging us :smt029

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “General”