Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

DMU hitting and war settings...

over the past week I have had a bit of a tiff with someone in ascended who has stated he doesn't mind being farmed for DMU but does not like having war settings on his account. I have explained that it is a matter of making ATs cost efficient and that is it. He continues to mass (with nothing worth me to return fire on), remains on vacation in main, and also insults me for explaining to him that war setting allows me to take far more DMU then without it.

What I am curious about is...
Is there any validity to what this person is saying?

I tested it myself on others I had no war setting on and took anywhere from 50-80% of DMU, even with 130% rank modifier. I set war to them and I take 90-100% of available DMU. So I am very confused, almost to the point I believe this person to be an ascended multi who wants to remain off the radar from incoming farming.
Last edited by Iƒrit on Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: DMU hitting and war settings...

you are quite correct, you need to set war to get 100% :smt047
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I think Rene answered your question. ;) War settings are required for 100% DMU-theft score.

If your farm accepts being farmed without war settings, but not with war settings, then that's a fairly simple thing. You either give him the courtesy of accepting his request (don't set war and continue to farm him, unprofitably), or you say "Screw this, I'm losing potential DMU I could steal", declare war and accept that he will mass you every time he gets the chance. The relevance of whether or not his reasoning makes sense is insignificant.

To leapfrog towards "omg it must be a multi hiding from us" is ridiculous. I truly hope you see that, dear. ;) Just keep farming him. Eventually one of you will get tired of it.

edit: Confound that, I would have sworn I said DMU.. -_- Thank you!
Last edited by Juliette on Tue May 17, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:I think Rene answered your question. ;) War settings are required for 100% naq-theft score.

If your farm accepts being farmed without war settings, but not with war settings, then that's a fairly simple thing. You either give him the courtesy of accepting his request (don't set war and continue to farm him, unprofitably), or you say "Screw this, I'm losing potential naq I could steal", declare war and accept that he will mass you every time he gets the chance. The relevance of whether or not his reasoning makes sense is insignificant.

To leapfrog towards "omg it must be a multi hiding from us" is ridiculous. I truly hope you see that, dear. ;) Just keep farming him. Eventually one of you will get tired of it.

no I totally understand the situation I just don't understand his motive, his claims, or his reasoning for saying what he says (that includes his insults). Kind of leaves me with the last possible inclination of multi. But I can't be sure of that, and its just never seen someone react this way, specially considering I have had him set to war for years...

FYI this is ascended not main, thats to say we are discussing DMU not Naq :P
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Some people simply dislike the war setting. Whatever they're reason may be.
Your sense of finding it illogical is that you do not like making less profit of him. Perhaps he dislikes the entire idea of being farmed at all and simply isnt fond of saying that ... perhaps being your personal farm doesnt appeal to him ... could be all sorts of reasonS.

I know of a similair situation in main, where a certain infinity war set and farmed a certain nanobite.

Nanobite held a "Anti war set farming policy" which he enforced on quite a few players by taking their planets and dumping them.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Nostra wrote:Some people simply dislike the war setting. Whatever they're reason may be.
Your sense of finding it illogical is that you do not like making less profit of him. Perhaps he dislikes the entire idea of being farmed at all and simply isnt fond of saying that ... perhaps being your personal farm doesnt appeal to him ... could be all sorts of reasonS.

I know of a similair situation in main, where a certain infinity war set and farmed a certain nanobite.

Nanobite held a "Anti war set farming policy" which he enforced on quite a few players by taking their planets and dumping them.

there are several other ways to handle the situation, like for example diplomacy (without extortion and/or insults). Its a simple nature of the game to be hit, especially when people refuse to build anything to passively protect themselves.

My only problem is he states he doesn't mind being farmed for DMU, and also states you don't need war setting to take 100%, but you do... and when I try to explain game mechanics to him he attacks me personally with insults. I have no problem being massed and having stuff stolen, I do when its from people who don't have enough guts/honor to build something worthwhile in return. :smt021

Was more or less looking for people to comment on the war setting for DMU hitting, weather it is or isn't needed, cause far as I can tell from experimentation and experience its the only way to take 90-100% in the open. I have heard a few others state what he is saying, but still can't confirm...
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Yeah the bit where he indeed saying he doesnt mind makes it weird, but not, not understandable. Also, I have never given it much thought about those last remaining percentages with or without a war setting.

I'll give it some goes the comings weeks too ^_^

Return to “Ascended General”