For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

WWE, Smackdown, RAW wrestling - question to the "haters"

There's something I don't understand. What's the problem for viewers (whether it's on TV or in the arena itself) if wrestling is "fake"? It's entertainment either way, I don't see what, as a viewer, is there better if it was to be "real" rather than acting and all?
Is it the hunger for blood and injuries? :smt104

Of course I'm aware not everyone complaints that wrestling is "fake" and that it's bad it's not "true", but I do wonder what's the problem for it to be acting and not "real" for those who yell at wrestling for being "fake".

It's rather entertaining after all, that's all that matters.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: WWE, Smackdown, RAW wrestling - question to the "haters"

It's gotten so bad that you can clearly see them faking. That's the downfall for me.

I remember watching it thinking it was real as a kid because the moves were so perfectly synchronized. Now I watch it and just laugh with my Dad as we see how ugly the costumes are, how predictable the outcome is, etc.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I stopped watching WWE when it became more of a soap opera then wrestling
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Although, it's entertaining and I do watch it.

When I say it's not real wrestling I dont mean their acting and it's all completly 100% fake.

I mean that WWE was never actually wrestling it's more of a street fight in a ring...

This is real wrestling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ_yUJWzbw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUG5O0HGVI8&feature=fvst

The first video is one of my team mates this year.

The second video is some people I competed against this year, (Im not in that video it was just a good quality vid)
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

I have watched wrestling for a very long time 26 years ( i was 5 when i first watched big daddy) and i have been to live events all over the world..hell i spent one hoilday in florida to watch Wrestlemania and i also queued up for 6 hours to watch TNA on their first ever live Thursday night show ( i even made the TV when Booker T was fighting ).
Over the last 2 years both the WWE and TNA (or impact) have gone rubbish...wwe is for kids now and tna just lost the plot...they need to get rid of Hogan and bring back the 6 sides and get back to what they did best and wrestle and stop all the 20 min talking parts..
Yes wrestling is "fake" but they take crazy bumps night in night out what take their toll..when people bang on about it being fake and what not i tell them to watch the undertaker Vs Mankind in the hell in a cell match and i ask them to tell me how they don't hurt themselfs when thrown of the cage and though the cage onto tacks...that had to hurt...
Now though i watch cage fighting..mainly the UFC..Strikeforce..Titan fighting..Bellator..MFC and what ever is shown in the UK on Sky Sports...HD net has cage fighting on from around the world....
I like to think most people who watched wrestling when i started watching are the same people who watch MMA at the moment due to the wreslting shows sucking... :smt025
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

I'm a massive WWE fan. I believe the superstars have gotten better at selling moves. Randy Orton (my fav) is really good at it.
It's really entertaining. I bet you all watch programmes that are scripted but you never give them bad stick for being 'fake'.
It's completely contradicting.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

I've done a lot of martial arts, did years of tae kwon do and penciak silat, for the latter even competitions.

When I watch some sports where people fight eachother in competition, I want to see it be real, or real to a certain level, take K1 for instance.

I can very well imagine, that people who like to see others fight, not just for the blood lust, but the passion where 2 people interact in a hand to hand combat, analysing and reviewing techniques used, that they rather dislike the idea of two people going at eachother just to give a good show.

Makes sense ?, probaly not, I guess its like a genre thing.
You either like it or you dont.
Like Sci fi, actions, horror or Documentaries on TV.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I would love to see death matches, and lots of limb-tearing combat between people who fight for survival.
Cole
Forum History

Regarding soap opera in wrestling, I noticed there's a bit of that, it's fun though when they do ring marrying and all. :P

Juliette wrote:I would love to see death matches, and lots of limb-tearing combat between people who fight for survival.

Well this is obviously forbidden in most countries (if you mean the fight until death of one of the fighters, like we see sometimes in movies/series) and thus cannot be broadcast on TV (fortunately I'd say, TV didn't go that low..at least yet).

Limb-tearing combats? :smt078 :smt078
Last edited by Cole on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:I would love to see death matches, and lots of limb-tearing combat between people who fight for survival.

Have you ever seen 'Celebrity Deathmatch'?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Seaanyboy wrote:
I apologise. I forgot to say "REAL", but that is what I meant.
No some fake thing with fake characters. Just let death row convicts fight each other for a few more years of life.
Cole
Forum History

Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:
No some fake thing with fake characters. Just let death row convicts fight each other for a few more years of life.

Are you serious? :smt104
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:

That'd be a sight! Haha!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:

Are you serious? :smt104
Absolutely. What else are you going to let murderous death row convicts do? Sit our their time silently on a chair? How inhumane. This would give them a fighting(!) chance to get a few years of life, or privileges in the prison they are in.. win-win. The money that would come from this would be substantial, I would project it is enough to fund the entire prison system from advertisements alone.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Juliette wrote:Absolutely. What else are you going to let murderous death row convicts do? Sit our their time silently on a chair? How inhumane. This would give them a fighting(!) chance to get a few years of life, or privileges in the prison they are in.. win-win. The money that would come from this would be substantial, I would project it is enough to fund the entire prison system from advertisements alone.

Someone's been watching too much Spartacus of late :smt050

Return to “Sports Section”