Mods Being Voted By Users (Thats right You)!

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Mods Being Voted By Users (Thats right You)!

Clarkey wrote:
Duderanch wrote:Not a good idea IMO. The mod position would become as much a joke as the oms or awards. To win you just need the most friends or are in the biggest empire. Just look at current oms nominations for how it would play out.

^^ This.

Nice idea RoKeT and it's good to see someone trying to think of some ideas to improve situations rather than just complaining and making accusations. However most voting in this community is a joke these days so i don't think it would work well.

But, is there any harm in giving it a shot? We never know unless we try.

I agree with the duder but also with the clarkster.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Noobert wrote:Personally, at this point in time, I am all for this idea as it is the only positive one I have seen thus far and it comes with an opening to the players who wish for a chance but never have made the 'cut' so to speak. However, the amount of Moderators should be limited to maybe 1 per section (or something) in my opinion.

The negative effect is as I said in the thread in General. The position will become a joke, but as I said I'm willing to give it a try.

+1 for a test run.

it doesn't have to though, if it's followed properly and it's not a popularity contest it could prove a new way to get mod's all together :-D
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:
Noobert wrote:Personally, at this point in time, I am all for this idea as it is the only positive one I have seen thus far and it comes with an opening to the players who wish for a chance but never have made the 'cut' so to speak. However, the amount of Moderators should be limited to maybe 1 per section (or something) in my opinion.

The negative effect is as I said in the thread in General. The position will become a joke, but as I said I'm willing to give it a try.

+1 for a test run.

it doesn't have to though, if it's followed properly and it's not a popularity contest it could prove a new way to get mod's all together :-D
You can't stop it from being a popularity contest.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
RoKeT wrote:

+1 for a test run.

You can't stop it from being a popularity contest.

Didn't say I could, but who knows maybe users will like being able to vote IDK lol
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I doubt it. People will ask their friends to vote who do not use the forum, etc. It's definitely going to happen but at least they will not be able to say we didn't try to warn them. :P
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Noobert wrote:I doubt it. People will ask their friends to vote who do not use the forum, etc. It's definitely going to happen but at least they will not be able to say we didn't try to warn them. :P

Sooonds aboooot right.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:I doubt it. People will ask their friends to vote who do not use the forum, etc. It's definitely going to happen but at least they will not be able to say we didn't try to warn them. :P

but again could we not put a ban on people who say haven't posted in the month before that topic was started?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:

but again could we not put a ban on people who say haven't posted in the month before that topic was started?
If this was to go ahead people shouldn't have to post regularly to be able to vote.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
RoKeT wrote:

If this was to go ahead people shouldn't have to post regularly to be able to vote.

maybe not post, I don't know why I put that, but last login date would have to be within the last moth of when the topic was started so they couldn't just get in and vote That would stop random votings... and you should have to be active in the forum to vote considering thats who it affects
Last edited by RoKeT on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

depending on certain things like friends, get em to wrtie a 1000 words as to why their being voted, im sure there will only be 1 or 2 votes :p
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

~Wolverine~ wrote:depending on certain things like friends, get em to wrtie a 1000 words as to why their being voted, im sure there will only be 1 or 2 votes :p

Haha more than likely! :-D

Well I would say people who didn't check forums for the last two months couldn't vote, and people with at least fifty post count, and multies cannot be used to vote.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Cole wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:depending on certain things like friends, get em to wrtie a 1000 words as to why their being voted, im sure there will only be 1 or 2 votes :p

Haha more than likely! :-D

Well I would say people who didn't check forums for the last two months couldn't vote, and people with at least fifty post count, and multies cannot be used to vote.

but wouldn't that be easy to watch? sign in date, or multi accounts?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[BoT] Jack wrote:The best mods will be those hated by everyone.
Nonsense. The best mods are mods you don't even know are there, who do their job in quiet and whose sections show naught but contentment and placidity. I feed my constituents lithium to achieve a similar effect, but it's not the same.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

RoKeT wrote:maybe not post, I don't know why I put that, but last login date would have to be within the last moth of when the topic was started so they couldn't just get in and vote
That also would not work. If someone was to vote, or was to try and join the voters usergroup then to do either of those things would require the user to login to the forums. This would then mean that there last login date was that date they logged in. There would be no way for Admins or anyone else to determine their login date prior to that. So if someone hadn't logged in for 1 month and then they login to vote, no-one would know what their last login was.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
RoKeT wrote:maybe not post, I don't know why I put that, but last login date would have to be within the last moth of when the topic was started so they couldn't just get in and vote
That also would not work. If someone was to vote, or was to try and join the voters usergroup then to do either of those things would require the user to login to the forums. This would then mean that there last login date was that date they logged in. There would be no way for Admins or anyone else to determine their login date prior to that. So if someone hadn't logged in for 1 month and then they login to vote, no-one would know what their last login was.

Well here is what I was thinking

Admin would still run the topic on when a mod was needed

So before posting could they not set a setting do do like an auto check of users in the last 2 months and put them all in a "voters group" automatically which would then allow said users to vote?... Again I know nothing on limitations of these forums or even how to work them, just ideas pooring out trying to help xD
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”