US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost.

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: US congressman wants Iraq to repay US for war cost.

Works for Russia.
Then again. Russia has a REAL President + Prime Minister.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Juliette wrote:Works for Russia.

They dont have a real president yet Jo. Atm they have a REAL Prime Minister.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Psyko wrote:
Malx wrote:If the President of the United States of America ordered the US military to take action agasint say.. it's own people, would the US military do such a thing?
Opposite some reactions and opinions, people in the military don't just "go with the flow" because of orders. The Code of Honor is not to the man in charge, but to the people you are protecting, you serve them, not the guy issueing the orders. It's why Generals get changed and no one is considered without flaw.

Yes, in drastic situations like the one you mentioned, the military would go against the President. But when the military is ordered to go after a corrupt leader under the suspicion of having weapons of mass destruction, who rules his people unjustly and harbors terrorist organizations (not saying it's all true, but that is the information given at the time), they will follow orders.

I'm not saying they will blindly follow the orders of the American President. There is some judgement involved. But they were under the impression that they were protecting the people of the United States, and other countries as well. That doesn't make them at fault.

Nice try, though. ;)

Some judgement versus "hey bro, we have some photos of factories but we think they is weapons and stuff".. You need to KNOW, like FACTS that another country is a threat to you. At least Russia is honest when they invade. :smt050
Bias Admin colour
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Loki™ wrote:

I'm not so sure that Dimitri Medvedev is really a muppet of Vladimir Putin as people claim...
We will see if they go for a 1vs1 on future elections though.

Well, Germany has a real PM, France has a real President and Italy well they had a real PM but not so much anymore with all this stuff going on around mr. Berlusconi.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:I'm not so sure that Dimitri Medvedev is really a muppet of Vladimir Putin as people claim...
1vs1. :lol: It's a done deal. People like stability, and they love Putin more than Medvedev. Besides, in 12 more years, Medvedev can have the Presidency again. ;) He's not a puppet. He's a willing companion. And a decent one, at that. ;)
He reminds me of Eli Stone. Where Putin, on the other hand, is the archetypal Russian. Love. Love. Love him.
Legendary Apophis wrote: Well, Germany has a real PM,
Yes.
Legendary Apophis wrote: France has a real President
*cough* They would have in 2012, if that jerk wouldn't have slandered DSK, his only true contestant.. Sarko is acting like he means something on a global level. Aside from dragging the European Economy down into the abyss and useless, unwanted wars in Northern Africa (and soon Syria), he's done nothing of importance. *glare*
Legendary Apophis wrote:and Italy well they had a real PM
Still do. Now they just have a red-polluted parliament. Sickening choices, those doofi make.
Legendary Apophis wrote:but not so much anymore with all this stuff going on around mr. Berlusconi.
Lies and vicious slander.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Loki™ wrote:

I'm not so sure that Dimitri Medvedev is really a muppet of Vladimir Putin as people claim...

Well, Germany has a real PM, France has a real President and Italy well they had a real PM but not so much anymore with all this stuff going on around mr. Berlusconi.

Actually Medvedev has already stated he supports Putin at the latest United Russia party congress.

Btw Berlusconi was an ass.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Juliette wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote: France has a real President
*cough* They would have in 2012, if that jerk wouldn't have slandered DSK, his only true contestant..

I live in France, and except one politician from the majority party who apologised, NOBODY slandered DSK. I have no idea where you got that from, but DSK received a wide range support from medias etc...and right wing was utterly moderated and silent about it, while the left wing continues to slander for every little word or reason the right wing. I thought the slander would come in, but there was no slander at all except by an isolated politician. Don't know where you get that info from.
Sarko is acting like he means something on a global level. Aside from dragging the European Economy down into the abyss and useless

I would like to know when and how he does that? Really...I'd like to know.
he's done nothing of importance. *glare*

He did, but I don't intend to try to convince someone who's apparently utterly of the contrary.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Legendary Apophis wrote:I don't intend to try to convince someone who's apparently utterly of the contrary.
:lol: Then what are we even talking about, if you can't defend your President. ;)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Juliette wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:I don't intend to try to convince someone who's apparently utterly of the contrary.
:lol: Then what are we even talking about, if you can't defend your President. ;)

I can defend him, but that's not possible when it's to defend him infront of people who seem to think without a single space for doubt that I am "totally propaganded and thus cannot defend properly as it's not what really is".
Spoiler

Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Loki™ wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Malx wrote:Bush isn't all to blame, isn't not like he fought the entire war all by himself..

This comment really irritates me. Are you implying that American soldiers are to blame for the war? All they did was follow orders and risk their lives (many of whom ended up losing their lives) serving their country.
Juliette wrote:
Malx wrote:Re-electing someone isn't bad, if said person actually did something for the country. Short+long term.
A president's single focus should never be re-election. Especially not if he's driving his country into the ground at the same time. ;)
I figure the President only acts as a President for 1.5-2 years out of the 4 years they are in office (depending on the President). They come into Office, they start moving ahead their election agenda, "fix" things they didn't approve of during the previous administration, and after that time period they begin fundraising and working on their re-election strategy/campaign. After the next election is over, they have a few months to stick it to the next guy.

It's a flawed system that does nothing to help the country. If a President does his job properly and the country prospers, that is a solid re-election strategy. He could spend billions on adds and running all over the country doing speeches, but even without that, I would still vote to keep him in office. Unfortunately, no politician actually cares about the job; it's all about winning and being able to get their back scratched by lobbyists who throw money in their lap and pat their head like they are an obedient puppy.

Extending the term to 6 years might help a little.

So could nullifying re-election. :-"

Malx wrote:Some judgement versus "hey bro, we have some photos of factories but we think they is weapons and stuff".. You need to KNOW, like FACTS that another country is a threat to you. At least Russia is honest when they invade. :smt050

Unfortunately, there is no way anyone can "KNOW" for sure. The only way that could happen is if someone sent a spy in to get a visual look at WMDs, and that would take years to set up and actually do. This is the real world, not some video game or movie where soldiers wait for visual confirmation from the radio before they are sent in.

Russia can afford to be honest when they invade. America is afraid of global scrutiny. Russia doesn't give a **Filtered**.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Psyko wrote:Russia can afford to be honest when they invade. America is afraid of global scrutiny. Russia doesn't give a **Filtered**.

No, America doesn`t give any more **Filtered** than Russia does, tbh.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Sarko is acting like he means something on a global level. Aside from dragging the European Economy down into the abyss

I would like to know when and how he does that?
I take it's related to the EU plan to help Greece to avoid bailout that Germans and Dutches were hostile towards?
Spoiler

Spoiler
Loki™
Forum Elder

Legendary Apophis wrote:
Sarko is acting like he means something on a global level. Aside from dragging the European Economy down into the abyss

I take it's related to the EU plan to help Greece to avoid bailout that Germans and Dutches were hostile towards?

French banks have big investments in greece so he is backing stupid ideas 'cause of that.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Baron Samedi wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:

French banks have big investments in greece so he is backing stupid ideas 'cause of that.

So what would a good idea be? :-k Kick Greece out and tell them "now your problems are your own, kthxbye"? :smt105
I know Greece's previous gov are responsible of their mess, but the effects are a problem for everyone..
Spoiler

Spoiler
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

This is a side issue i know, but i had to respond to this...

Legendary Apophis wrote:So what would a good idea be? :-k Kick Greece out and tell them "now your problems are your own, kthxbye"? :smt105

Actually, the best thing Greece could do at this point in time is do what Iceland has done, prosecute the banksters and arrest them for fraud and high treason, tell the EU and the troika to take their bailout money and **Filtered** off, leave the EU and default. tell Germany to return some 200 tones of Gold which was stolen during WW2, tell the Yanks and other nations holding Greek gold to return it ASAP then bring back the Drachma, devalue (which they cannot do right now because of EU constraints, as you well know) and then back the Drachma with their Gold. the investment into Greek money would pour back into Greece within 6 months because their money would have value as the rest of the worlds financial markets, Govts and banking institutions carry on going down the toilet. Greece within a year would emerge as a European financial powerhouse as investors search for financial safe havens....

Yes Jim, the EU would do Greece a big time favour if they said to Greece "kthxbye".

PS, Iraq should tell those powers/people asking for respirations to also take their banks and businesses and **Filtered** of out of their country and leave them alone to sort out their problems and differences (even if that means they have civil war, it's their problem and not ours, yes i know we caused it but we have enough on our plates to worry about without the added expense of policing their country). i would also slap the US and Britain with the DU clean up bill or not see 1 more drop of oil, instead it would be sold cheaply to country's like India, China and the Ruskies.

Kit-Fox wrote:Just saying LOL again eh KMA? This is a great addition to the topic (sense the sarcasm with your jedi powers) I mean it really doesnt help or add to the section or the topic.

Hows that? :-)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”