End of An Era

Any sort of Alliance Announcements may be placed here, from new alliances forming, new alliance forums to anything but recruiting.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: End of An Era

Lord Yojimbo wrote:Id go a bit further Sam

A seperate topic on this would be fair - i would ask the admin/mods to transfer all posts that not directly tied to this announcement into an appropriate discussion topic in the gate wars general forum. Thats the place for discussions on success and failings of Nemesis if you wish to do so in pubic :smt093

This announcement is supposed to be a farewell to a Quality Empire :)

I wouldn't worry about it. He started it, I finished it with my last statement on the issue. He tried to reply but I don't see him as important enough/intelligent enough to bother with further and wont justify his own shortcomings by replying to him again. I can only hope anyone else with at least half a brain see's the sense in this position and copies my approach. :)

Can I muster anything else to say in regards to Nemesis..... I think that it dying now symbolises more than most of you will know on a personal level to myself at least. We always tried to teach and invest in new players whilst trying to cater to the older more experienced players and approach the game in as care free and evil way as it ever should have been. It's something many dedicated a long time to and even though it's part of a game it meant more to me than I ever let on...hell it kept me frequenting SGW nearly two years after I gave up on the community and the game.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
SHIZZZO
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance; EPA; Nemesis
Race: Georgian
ID: 1910096

Let it go Semps :)
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG
EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

MORITURI TE SALUTAMUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Du23Su ... r_embedded
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

R8 wrote:awww i just saw this. its never a good thing to hear allainces having to pull the plug.

you guys were cool, well the ones that joined TL anyways :-D

good luck to your future endeavours in TAF or werever the rest go.

ps. i did always want to war you guys when at your peak. would have been fun :smt047 although i did get to have some fun with jimbo and tek at one point or another :smt060

R8

im still cool ye cheeky git lol :smt081 :smt019 :smt110

Indeedy :P That was a long time ago :smt110 :smt106 :smt106

Semper wrote:
Lord Yojimbo wrote:Id go a bit further Sam

A seperate topic on this would be fair - i would ask the admin/mods to transfer all posts that not directly tied to this announcement into an appropriate discussion topic in the gate wars general forum. Thats the place for discussions on success and failings of Nemesis if you wish to do so in pubic :smt093

This announcement is supposed to be a farewell to a Quality Empire :)

I wouldn't worry about it. He started it, I finished it with my last statement on the issue. He tried to reply but I don't see him as important enough/intelligent enough to bother with further and wont justify his own shortcomings by replying to him again. I can only hope anyone else with at least half a brain see's the sense in this position and copies my approach. :)

Can I muster anything else to say in regards to Nemesis..... I think that it dying now symbolises more than most of you will know on a personal level to myself at least. We always tried to teach and invest in new players whilst trying to cater to the older more experienced players and approach the game in as care free and evil way as it ever should have been. It's something many dedicated a long time to and even though it's part of a game it meant more to me than I ever let on...hell it kept me frequenting SGW nearly two years after I gave up on the community and the game.

Responses aside - Indeed lets remember what Nemesis stood for and what it did for the young players and the experienced members alike

It ment a lot to most of us too mate
------------------------------------------
I think we can seal this topic :(
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Gigs
Forum Elite
Alliance: Nemesis Sect
Race: Datsyukian
ID: 84687

As Jayne Said,
Its a Sad Moment for me to see this thread even though I do not play anymore,
I was born Nemesis and Died Nemesis.
Thanks for the good times guys.
2009 was a good year :).
Had a lot of fun.
Best of luck to everyone.
Miss you guys!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
ImageThis is the medal of for outstanding war efforts.
ImageThis is the medal of extreme comradeship.
This is a medal to commemorate one year in Nemesis
This is the medal to represent you being a member of Nemesis Sect responsible for her alliance of the year award.
This medal represents completion of the Telos Act
[/spoiler]

Spoiler
[BoT][/b] Eärendil :: Matt says:
I love Zetterberg so much, i'd marry him if i was gay.
SHIZZZO
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance; EPA; Nemesis
Race: Georgian
ID: 1910096

We miss you too Gigs :(
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG
EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

MORITURI TE SALUTAMUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Du23Su ... r_embedded
Spoiler
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

Shame, we're fun to hit :/
ANYWAY! one more down, I'm sure we'll all move on :)
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Sad to see another old alliance go, but alas times change, people change,.. I've been there.
It was great fighting against you, some of you were real fighters and put up a great battle or two ;)
I wish you all the luck in further quests and all the best in the rest of your SGW-career.

PS: Semper - seeing how you invited me to Nemesis right after I dropped SU tags a year and a half ago, saying I am a very skilled player and that you offered me a position in Nemesis because you respect me and stuff, I trust you will listen to my words. Frozen Flame is one of the best all-around players - very good at handling his account, very good at leading other people towards a common goal, he's willing to sacrifice everything he has to defend his friends and alliance, very skilled in tactics and spamming and in keeping a certain community alive. Believe me when I say that if you wanted to use him solely as a tool - you couldn't as he's not a chess figure and he knows when you try to play him, and if you tried.. Well your loss for he is a truly good guy and a good player.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
semper

It's a dead debate mate, although i'm sure FF respects you backing him up what's been said has been said and laid to rest.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I don't really visit forums much, hence my late reply. It's not about whether I wanted to have his respect by saying what I said or not, it's about what's the truth. If I had seen this topic sooner, I would have replied sooner, and my reply would have been the same.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
semper

Well truth is often like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder no matter rhym, logic or reason. I had a different experience with Frozen and can agree with a lot of what you said but I feel his objections to my approach were based on something else other than some almost sixth sense insight into my machiavellian schemes.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

i always liked Semper 8)

we still need to mass some more allainces for our adventures :smt060
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

Return to “Alliance announcements”