Ombudsman Case Archives
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Ombudsman's Feedback

Any feedback you would like to leave for either me or Odin, would be much appreciated, positive or negative anything is welcome :)
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Ombudsman's Feedback

So far I have been reasonably impressed with both of you,
not only with your official duties,
but also with your diffusing of issues before they get to your inbox,
and your behavior as forum users as well. :smt060
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

ifrit best ombudsman so far
Odin - no

good job though both of ya :smt060
Last edited by Iƒrit on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insult
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Lets keep stuff clean, please post feedback, not discussion of said feedback.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

My observation of the recent case being handled in the Ombudsman office leads me to a poor performance by the Ombudsman.

Iƒrit wrote:I do believe that jacks opinion, and Tetrismonkeys opinions are pretty spot on.
SIngling out others opinions and just saying they are spot on is not giving your own neutral opinion. You should be stating your own opinion based on the facts of the issue.

Iƒrit wrote:Giving C2 a warning due to a track history is not only profiling but also hypocritical considering you allowed clarkey, jack and other x-mods/x-admins to come back to modding after their track records.
Singling out Mods as examples does not show neutrality at all. Also, the user notes are not only there to record verbal warnings and official warnings, but they also serve for deciding whether an official warning is to be given. If a user has in the past verbal warnings, and continue to repeat the offence they will get an official warning based on the fact that their usernotes show a history of verbal warnings. You may call it profilling but I call it using the usernotes as their intended purpose.
Image ImageImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

And I think the ombudsman was spot on in rescinding what was at best a pedantic warning ;)

Keep up the good work :smt050
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Clarkey wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:Giving C2 a warning due to a track history is not only profiling but also hypocritical considering you allowed clarkey, jack and other x-mods/x-admins to come back to modding after their track records.
Singling out Mods as examples does not show neutrality at all. Also, the user notes are not only there to record verbal warnings and official warnings, but they also serve for deciding whether an official warning is to be given. If a user has in the past verbal warnings, and continue to repeat the offence they will get an official warning based on the fact that their usernotes show a history of verbal warnings. You may call it profilling but I call it using the usernotes as their intended purpose.
Agreed.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

I have seen nothing to give feedback on so either everyone is fine, ombs are doing everything behind the scenes or there are not issues to worry about and the forum is running smoothly which is the best result.
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Iƒrit
Forum Addict

Iƒrit wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys.

Lets keep stuff clean, please post feedback, not discussion of said feedback.

And cleaned again, please do NOT discuss feedback in this thread if you do wish to I have, moved posts from here to another thread and allowed for users to take their discussions their. Please use that thread in the future.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

seems to still lack the cahonie to stand up to some of the mods decisions
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I also think it's fairly inappropriate for the ombudsman to make sanctimonious references to decisions and events which are miles out of their purview. In your official capacity, you are here to judge each case on its individual merits, not to parrot off your half-baked opinions on anything and everything.

"Profiling" was an especially stupid word to use in that context. Also, the allegation of hypocrisy is both unsupported and unfounded. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you threw that word into the mix for the sheer hell of it. The people to whom you refer, and perhaps I am one, were allowed to come back because of (a) a genuine change in their attitude and (b) a genuine willingness to contribute. Their past history was taken into account, but so indeed were their current actions.

The same, to an extent, is true of warnings. If someone's track record is one of constantly pushing the rules to their limit and getting into all manner of trouble, then it suggests that subsequent infringements are neither accidental nor borne of ignorance. If you've already been told off for doing something once, then there's no excuse for doing it again. If you're not someone who frequently breaks the rules, and made an infringement out of a genuine lack of knowledge, then there's a stronger case for a verbal warning. Please note that I refer not to that individual case, with which I am unfamiliar, but more broadly to the whole concept of 'profiling' to which you referred and the warped schism through which articulated it. Wrong on so many counts.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Also why does the ombudsman choose to close threads whilst he is allegedly 'thinking' about them?

Heaven forbid other people would have a chance to add something to the debate whilst he sojourns himself Buddhist Monk style to consider the serious issue before him. Does all discussion really have to pause whilst he scratches his head and scrolls through a two page thread?
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Mordack wrote:Also why does the ombudsman choose to close threads whilst he is allegedly 'thinking' about them?

Heaven forbid other people would have a chance to add something to the debate whilst he sojourns himself Buddhist Monk style to consider the serious issue before him. Does all discussion really have to pause whilst he scratches his head and scrolls through a two page thread?

1) I closed it because im sick of spam in the thread and refuse to remind people to stop spamming.
2) I ONLY need to hear from the people involved.
3) I am the only current ombudsman...Ifrit is no longer on the team...and I have a real life...so if i wish to take a few moments and lock a thread and chat to the people involved then i will.

I havent been able to get a hold of the people involved with my current case as of yet hence why it is still open. If you wish to ask me anymore direct questions you are more then welcome to PM me on the forums.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Fox McCloud wrote:No insults ment here Odin, but if preforming the tasks of the Ombudsman require to much attention from you or you lack the time to handle these cases in a timely matter, wouldn't it be prudent to resign and allow someone else to do the job?

This is true...i never said i dont have the time to deal with it, i just said i have a real life and it will take a moment is all. As of yet i am to reach the parties involved and that would be due to work and time zones. I rather be 100% in my decision then close a case a little early.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Mordack wrote:Also why does the ombudsman choose to close threads whilst he is allegedly 'thinking' about them?

I don't quite understand why everyone needs to put their big nose into something which doesn't concern them. This isn't a global peer mediation. It's an ombudsman issue involving 3-4 people.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)

Return to “Case Archives”