Sabbing and logs

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Sabbing and logs

Since massing has everything against it, I think sabbing should be in the alliance logs, not all, just the sabs that either have failed on the alliance member, or the sabbers that have been identified by them.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Sabbing and logs

Well outgoing sabbs are included..

But I agree with failed sabbs being shown in incoming, successful sabbs should remain hidden though.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

Kikaz wrote:Well outgoing sabbs are included..

But I agree with failed sabbs being shown in incoming, successful sabbs should remain hidden though.

If you identify a sabber, from an alliance member point of view, you would tell the alliance, with a rocket infused carrier pigeon. Same deal with attacks. So i dont see why they shouldnt be included.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

I think the reason they are not in the incoming logs, is because its a covert operation, hence supposed to be stealth/secret.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:I think the reason they are not in the incoming logs, is because its a covert operation, hence supposed to be stealth/secret.
Not if they have been identified or failed, which is what SoL is saying.
Image ImageImageImage
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

GeneralChaos wrote:I think the reason they are not in the incoming logs, is because its a covert operation, hence supposed to be stealth/secret.

+1
Meh...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Rodwolf wrote:

+1

If someone attempts to sabotage your alliance and fail then your alliance would know about it.
Image ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Yes, agreed. A successful covert mission should be..well recorded as such. I would be in favor of the ????? not even showing up.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:

Yes, agreed. A successful covert mission should be..well recorded as such. I would be in favor of the ????? not even showing up.
But based on SoL's "actual" suggestion of failed/identified sabs appearing in logs.... they should appear right?
Image ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

But based on SoL's "actual" suggestion of failed/identified sabs appearing in logs.... they should appear right?

yes.

+1.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

Its still a covert operation on 1 person though, so if it fails it shows up in that persons logs,

99/100 times the person sabbing will not fail, so whats the point of adding it....
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

You got it baby! :-D
Spoiler
Past sigs

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

Its still a covert operation on 1 person though, so if it fails it shows up in that persons logs,

99/100 times the person sabbing will not fail, so whats the point of adding it....
Where's the harm in adding it?

If an officer has a failed sab attempt on them then the CO can see it.

I'm sure Alliances would like to know of sabotage attempts against their members?

It's not exactly a covert operation if they get caught. Where is the harm in having alliances have the ability to see failed sabs? I don't understand what the issue is around it. Please explain it.
Image ImageImageImage
Tekki
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:
Rodwolf wrote:

+1

If someone attempts to sabotage your alliance and fail then your alliance would know about it.

But they aren't attempting to sabotage the alliance, just the individual... Unless you want to bring in alliance sabotage :D That could be fun.

As for where is the harm in bringing it in. Sab is the last covert attack you can launch without having it spotted ingame. Surely those who have alarms on the log pages have enough advantages, and there are those who have alarms on the log pages to let them know about things.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

Where's the harm in adding it?

If an officer has a failed sab attempt on them then the CO can see it.

I'm sure Alliances would like to know of sabotage attempts against their members?

It's not exactly a covert operation if they get caught. Where is the harm in having alliances have the ability to see failed sabs? I don't understand what the issue is around it. Please explain it.

I think its fine to add failed attempts and leave successful ones anonymous.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Game Suggestions”