appropriateness

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

appropriateness

why is it deemed appropriate that a 24yr female can talk of taking the virginity of a 14 male minor?

if it had been a male mod talking to a female that way, I would hope an warning and proper action would have been taken.

Juliette please set the correct example for all forum users.

(and yes I did report comment at time it was made)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Re: appropriateness

because Andy wants to be to talked like that.

Solved. next ;)
Spoiler
Past sigs

Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

You believe she was being serious? :shock: #-o Juliette has a sense of humor that sometimes is controversial, but it's humor either way. I'm sure she will explain it (or apologize, if she believes it went too far) when she comes back around the computer.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Legendary Apophis wrote:You believe she was being serious? :shock: #-o Juliette has a sense of humor that sometimes is controversial, but it's humor either way. I'm sure she will explain it (or apologize, if she believes it went too far) when she comes back around the computer.

It doesnt matter what julliete thinks is humor, or what the kid finds funny ... there are more people on these here forums you know ....

I agree with femme.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

If it was a Male talking to a Female and or Female talking to a Male I would hope it wouldn't be handled any differently, as it would be sexist.....

I just flat out didn't see a problem with it.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

E.M.P. wrote:If it was a Male talking to a Female and or Female talking to a Male I would hope it wouldn't be handled any differently, as it would be sexist.....

I just flat out didn't see a problem with it.

Underaged minor ?

Talking like that to a minor in the US could be seen as an offense which could get you charged with a law suite.

Granted, it depands where the minor lives and who would file the complaint.

On the other hand ... as femme says "appropriateness"

It lacked it ...
noone
Forum Elite

Tetrismonkey wrote:What a lucky bastard. Getting hit on by a 24 year old when only being 14.... #-o

Yeah, perhaps you have a young daughter, who gets adressed by a 24 old guy :)
See if you still find it humurous.

edit: I wonder if you would deem your daughter 'lucky'
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Hmmm

A 16+ boy has sex with an under 15 girl = rape.
A 16+ girl has sex with an under 15 boy = abuse.

It already is sexist. Either way should be rape, but just like life it's not fair.

P.S. I didn't see the post that juliette made so won't comment on that.
Image ImageImageImage
noone
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:
Andy! wrote:Some of you may remember me, My name is Andy, I'm 14 and just restarted to play the game.

So yeah, I'm Andy, hello!
Being a pretty lady I do remember you. You still owe me 50 bucks for taking your virginity.

Whoops.

You're 14.

My mistake. Must have been your evil uncle Jack.

Seriously though, welcome Andy. I know another good chap by that name, and if you're half the person he is, you'll do great here. :-D
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Uncle Jack? :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Thanks Nostra...Its a joke? Really , she did not say she is going to rape/abuse him

She said that he owes her 50$ for something that probably didnt happen in the past...

Get off your high horses and stop being so offended
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Nostra wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:What a lucky bastard. Getting hit on by a 24 year old when only being 14.... #-o

Yeah, perhaps you have a young daughter, who gets adressed by a 24 old guy :)
See if you still find it humurous.

edit: I wonder if you would deem your daughter 'lucky'

The little difference is that a boy wouldn't take offense/feel offended to such words from an adult female. If a mid-twenties woman was to say a joke like this to me when I was 14 (well I wasn't around here when I was 14), I wouldn't have been offended, and I'm sure many other boys wouldn't either...I'm not commenting your post as if it was RL thing, but within the context of the forums, as it's what it's about.

Hmmm

A 16+ boy has sex with an under 15 girl = rape.
A 16+ girl has sex with an under 15 boy = abuse.

It already is sexist. Either way should be rape, but just like life it's not fair.

Maybe is it based on the biological reasons? I will not go into details (we all know how humans are made), but anatomy is different for both and thus, engaging sex by a woman or by a man, is different...probably not the reason, but it's something to consider on this particular matter you raised.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
noone
Forum Elite

[BoT] Jason wrote:Thanks Nostra...Its a joke? Really , she did not say she is going to rape/abuse him

She said that he owes her 50$ for something that probably didnt happen in the past...

Get off your high horses and stop being so offended

I have 4 kids. Its not about it being true or not ...
If I see someone talking to one of my kids like that I would block the forum.

Legendary Apophis wrote:The little difference is that a boy wouldn't take offense/feel offended to such words from an adult female. If a mid-twenties woman was to say a joke like this to me when I was 14 (well I wasn't around here when I was 14), I wouldn't have been offended, and I'm sure many other boys wouldn't either...

Tell that to the parents who do mind, who have legal custody, the kids opinion doesnt matter. UNDERAGED.

Legendary Apophis wrote:Maybe is it based on the biological reasons? I will not go into details (we all know how humans are made), but anatomy is different for both and thus, engaging sex by a woman or by a man, is different...probably not the reason, but it's something to consider on this particular matter you raised.

Tell that to a judge. UNDERAGED.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

You're splitting hairs, Jim.

If someone said that to my son in real life, look at my son and tell him jokingly how disappointed I am he had to pay her.

If it were my daughter I'd look at the boy and ask "you lookin to die, son?" But only half serious.

If you have a problem with that, oh well. I wouldn't feel the need to take any serious actions in either situation, assuming it's a joke. As in this situation.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
noone
Forum Elite

[BoT] Jack wrote:You're splitting hairs, Jim.

If someone said that to my son in real life, look at my son and tell him jokingly how disappointed I am he had to pay her.

If it were my daughter I'd look at the boy and ask "you lookin to die, son?" But only half serious.

If you have a problem with that, oh well. I wouldn't feel the need to take any serious actions in either situation, assuming it's a joke. As in this situation.

Exactly, I would simply block the forum.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”