Allow New Players to Catch Up - Idea Thread

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Allow New Players to Catch Up - Idea Thread

I agree except for the 200 G&R. Maybe 500, but 200 is too small. The lifers idea is good. So is reducing of the time between ascensions.

However, if ANY reducing of amounts of ascended levels, make it be removal of LG+2=>LG+4. Other levels are fine, and perfectly make sense.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Jorgensen
Forum Regular
Alliance: DDE
Race: Draeden / Love Demon
ID: 0

TLPhoenix wrote:
Jorgensen wrote:if a starting account get lots of resourses, then it will only be a matter of time before huge amounts of mulities are created and feed the resourses and dumps the account

5mil lifers generates like 25bil a day dude...

Hehe i missread, i thought there said 5 mil uu.
my bad, the 5 mil lefers sound like a good idea.

Spoiler
With 16,324,769,805,579 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1937494 of underdog's Covert Agents!
Spoiler
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 5993156 5722/5750 sabbed in one go
TLPhoenix
Fledgling Forumer

Legendary Apophis wrote:I agree except for the 200 G&R. Maybe 500, but 200 is too small. The lifers idea is good. So is reducing of the time between ascensions.

However, if ANY reducing of amounts of ascended levels, make it be removal of LG+2=>LG+4. Other levels are fine, and perfectly make sense.

If you could give a reason why 200 is too small? ;)

Also I would say removing levels is near impossible code-wise.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

TLPhoenix wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:I agree except for the 200 G&R. Maybe 500, but 200 is too small. The lifers idea is good. So is reducing of the time between ascensions.

If you could give a reason why 200 is too small? ;)

Also I would say removing levels is near impossible code-wise.

200 G&R in top 155= 40 turns/20h
200 G&R in top 1550=200 turns/100h/4 days and 4 hours.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
TLPhoenix
Fledgling Forumer

Legendary Apophis wrote:200 G&R in top 155= 40 turns/20h
200 G&R in top 1550=200 turns/100h/4 days and 4 hours.

Ok so now explain how a new player doing his first prior ascension is going to get into the top 150 ranks? Or even doing his 10th ancient god ascension how is he going to get into the top 100 ranks?

Even if he/she could do that.. can you explain why that's bad? I think that'd be fun and interesting for new players... which is the aim of this suggestion. If they're willing to put the time in: to actually have fun, build, ascend and learn the game as they go along.
~Winter~Soldier~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Super hero
ID: 1928224

looks like a good idea to me
We are soldiers we guard honor and wage war in between we wait like a stone til the time comes again

Somebody asked me: "If war is the answer, then what is the question", and I guess the answer to that is "the meaning of life!" Because life IS war. Basically, you're fighting against one thing or another right from the start – you're fighting for survival with pretty much everything against you. You're fighting for social or political positions.

War is the nature of man; it always been, and it'll never go away. War has many different manifestations, so it doesn’t have to be taken literally, but that urge to conquer is embedded in our genes. We were not meant to live our lives caged in cubicles.
Spoiler
dalek masterplan
Forum Grunt

A very good idea. I came back to the game and it has taken months and months to get to LG+4. Giving new players that initial boost, and cutting sharply the time it takes to get to the tenth ascention will keep a lot of new players in the game.

At least a cut in time for each ascention to one per week for the first ten ascentions, and a cut in G&R to 200 for the first five and 500 for the next five. After that it is business as usual.

But certainly something should be done and this seems to be the most enlightened thread I have seen on this subject so far. Well done.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:they can do what all others have done before ie. work on their acc then trade up to a higher accended.
Personally I think it's a better idea to try and encourage users to build and use their own accounts rather than trading accounts. Trading accounts is part of what has ruined this game because people trade for better accounts to jump ahead.

As for the suggestion put forward by TLPhoenix it definitely has merit. I did have a think about this tho during my lunch break at work. I've got my own suggestion in relation to ascension times. Forgive me if i've missed some obvious points but I kind of rushed it in lunch break.

First of all I am against removing any Ascension lvl and am against new users first ascension being at LG or AG. I think we should keep all 23 as they are.

My suggestions, and these are aimed towards speeding up ascension a bit so that new users can get to lvl 23 a bit quicker and then can relax to focus on growing.

My suggestions are:

Remove 10 G&R - it is pointless
Remove 5 G&R - explained more below
Keep 1 G&R only
Remove 2 week limit between ascensions - replace with no limit?
Reduce required resource sacrifice - not sure by how much but some sort of reduction
Gain no G&R for the 1st week since account creation
Start G&R requirement off small and gradually build up.

So let me explain a bit more of how I was thinking it could go.

Prior through to Incarnate requires 100 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r a turn would take 2.08 days per ascension. Taking 8.32 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources.
LG through to LG+4 requires 200 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r a turn would take 4.16 days per ascension. Taking 20.8 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources. Therefore taking 29.12 days from Prior to LG+4.
AG through to Immortal Ancient God requires 400 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r a turn would take 8.33 days per ascension. Taking 33.32 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources. Therefore taking 62.44 days from Prior to Immortal.
Timeless through to King requires 600 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r a turn would take 12.5 days per ascension. Taking 62.5 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources. Therefore taking 124.94 days from Prior to King.
God through to Origin requires 800 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r per turn would take 16.66 days per ascension. Taking 33.32 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources. Therefore taking 158.26 days from Prior to Origin.
UnSpeakable through to UnKnown requires 1000 g&r. Gaining 1 g&r per turn would take 20.83 days per ascension. Taking 62.49 days total if no restrictions and the account has the resources. Therefore taking 220.75 days from Prior to UnKnown.

Now please note that when coming up with this idea I had not factored in the fact that with no 2 week restrictions or anything that accounts could be on perma PPT for a long time if they have the resources for each ascension. That is something that would need to be looked at, but I couldn't think of anything whilst writing all this.

Now looking at it against the current process.

If an account is created and goes straight to 5 g&r range and stays there and ascended back to back from scratch to UnKnown (which is unlikely to happen) then it would take that account a minimum of 322 days because of the 2 week restrictions. 322 days being 46 weeks, being 10.73 months. The reality of it would be well over a year.

If an account is created and goes straight to 1 g&r range and stays there and ascended back to back from scratch to UnKnown (again unlikely) then it would take that account a minimum of 479.55 days. 479.55 days being 68.5 weeks, being 15.98 months. The reality of it would be likely 2 years or more.

If we were to implement my idea then this is how it would look:

An account is created, can't gain 1 g&r for the first week. Account is in 1 g&r range once the first week is over. If they ascended back to back from scratch to UnKnown then it would take that account a minimum of 227.75 days. 227.75 days being 32.53 weeks, being 7.59 months.

That would considerably reduce the amount of time required to ascend to UnKnown.

But just to point out again the issue of no restrictions between ascending and therefore moreorless perma PPT would need to be looked at.

I don't know what others think of this idea, but feel free to comment on it good or bad. Keep it civil.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Positive vote from me. :)
dalek masterplan
Forum Grunt

Why not introduce a rule that acounts don't get G&R while they are on PPT. Thus you remove the threat of accounts being on permanent PPT.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

dalek masterplan wrote:Why not introduce a rule that acounts don't get G&R while they are on PPT. Thus you remove the threat of accounts being on permanent PPT.
That could resolve the issue in my idea. Afterall is there anything glory or reputable about being on PPT?
Image ImageImageImage
TLPhoenix
Fledgling Forumer

Getting pointlessly complicated now.. unless there is a specific reason to split GnR levels up into different stages it seems trivial.

I do not see a problem with having constant PPT from Prior -> Ancient God. Anything under AG is redundent in the long run.

The aim of this was to be a functional and *easy to impliment* idea that is to actually going encourage new players to get to that point :) and hopefully learn the game naturally as they go along. At that point they can either stay and enjoy the game or start the long path by playing properly ;)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

TLPhoenix wrote:Getting pointlessly complicated now.. unless there is a specific reason to split GnR levels up into different stages it seems trivial.
My suggestion was far from complicated and pointlessly complicated and the gradual increase in g&r requirements was far from trivial.

Next time don't ask for suggestions and input if you are going to just shoot it down straight away. I could have spent my lunch break doing something more productive like sleeping instead of trying to help the game. :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

I don't know if it's been suggested sorry but you first of all should edit the first post if this is going to be like a thread where we brainstorm for ideas for new comers, so that all the good ideas are up and my idea if no one has suggested it to help along the noobies

A) get rid of like fully loosing cov. sorry but it's to important now, make it like you lose 5 levels or something but thats it yoou shouldn't be that punished it's to importnat now it wasn't much when I was ascending so didn't matter ya know? so why not give them an advantadge because we had one on them

B) get rid of LG1-4 just make it LG-AG it would get rid of some ascensions and make it easier for the gap to be closed (because you already made it to LG so it shows you care about the game that takes work and time its not just like a given advantadge)(also keep the 2 weeks for this so you still have to wait and it gets rid of the conastant ppt thing)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
dalek masterplan
Forum Grunt

The reason I suggested the graded increase in G&R requirements is so that players don't jump from one ascention a week to one ascention per month.

I don't think the suggestions so far ae overly complicated, in fact I don't think they are complicated in the slightest. They are simple and straight forward and I would imagine very easy to programme into the game.

I had thought this thread had been for brainstorming and finding some sort of workable and acceptabl solution and I had thought we were moving in that direction.

Return to “Game Suggestions”