Sabotage Balance

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Sabotage Balance

So as of right now, it is possible for the higher covert levels to just open up several tabs, sab out a defence plain in about 2 seconds, and take barely any losses for doing so. It gives the covert 37's for example almost no chance against a 39, and while some may argue that a lower account shouldn't be able to fight a higher account, I would argue that the fun in the game before was that at some level it was possible in the past.

My suggestion is including a nox type addition to sabbing. The idea would be having a 3 second gap between sabs, where if the opponent happens to be online he can do something more than just untrain everything after his defence is sabbed in a second. It would give a small window where the defender can change his spy count for example, so the sabber would be forced to do quick recons before each hit.

Also, say after 10 sabs, it could set autowar. With the new decrease to alliance repair, I think this will force more strike on defence action, and with another way to get autowar I think it'll add for more exciting gameplay. Thoughts?
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Sabotage Balance

Agreed, only thing I would change is maybe have the Autowar kick in at 15 hits.....other then that, a delay sounds reasonable
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

renegadze wrote:Agreed, only thing I would change is maybe have the Autowar kick in at 15 hits.....other then that, a delay sounds reasonable

this, long as its no higher then 3 seconds for a delay.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

renegadze wrote:Agreed, only thing I would change is maybe have the Autowar kick in at 15 hits.....other then that, a delay sounds reasonable

The number of hits it takes is debatable, 15 sounds good too.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

I now of the opinion that is is completely fine.. and nothing should be done to halt sabotage damage. However maybe a reduction on the amounto fhits they can do.. or something similiar.

I think auto war after sabotage has one flaw: What if it's meant to be secret?
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

yea its a bug if one can throw 10 sabotage hits in 2 second , at that point yr def is completely gone , and u can be aced.
there should be a delay 2-3 sec max per hit.
Auto war shall kick in in 10 hits aswell.

in addition i dlike the Autowar to kick in for sab and normal ats only when a certain damage has been done not in turns count.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Brothers
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity

that all sounds cool beans to me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Sounds good, but how is this going to help the game overall? It may help you who suggest it compete for a minute longer in your little war, but it does not help the game which is the people, or enhance game play. I see a post made that a 39 can wipe a 37 fast, well a 39 can wipe a 39 fast as well. ;) And why would you want autowar after 10 hits? Just curious.

EDIT: In addition to the original idea I would like to add remove the 100 covert turns, and make sab a regular 15 turn. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
renegadze
Forum Elite

Jedi~Tank wrote:EDIT: In addition to the original idea I would like to add remove the 100 covert turns, and make sab a regular 15 turn. ;)

Sounds good, but how is this going to help the game overall? It may help you who suggest it have unlimited sabbing in your little war, but it does not help the game which is the people, or enhance game play.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:Sounds good, but how is this going to help the game overall? It may help you who suggest it compete for a minute longer in your little war, but it does not help the game which is the people, or enhance game play. I see a post made that a 39 can wipe a 37 fast, well a 39 can wipe a 39 fast as well. ;) And why would you want autowar after 10 hits? Just curious.

EDIT: In addition to the original idea I would like to add remove the 100 covert turns, and make sab a regular 15 turn. ;)

FYI:
its not a suggestion but calling a bug fix.

i presume u got it anyway it stops a complete massing via sab, so one cant throw 10-15 sab hits in few sec rather it has +2 cov lvl or -1.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Sounds good, but how is this going to help the game overall? It may help you who suggest it compete for a minute longer in your little war, but it does not help the game which is the people, or enhance game play. I see a post made that a 39 can wipe a 37 fast, well a 39 can wipe a 39 fast as well. ;) And why would you want autowar after 10 hits? Just curious.

FYI:
its not a suggestion but calling a bug fix.

i presume u got it anyway it stops a complete massing via sab, so one cant throw 10-15 sab hits in few sec rather it has +2 cov lvl or -1.

Its not a bug though, its been this way all the time, plus its easy to sab out a def when there isnt much of a def to sab out..I mean if you roll with a 2 tril strike and a 70b def, your def is gone in a few hits (not 2-3) its quite allot more..in any case the stike/def loss ratio should be set back to original to got along with this.
Last edited by jedi~tank on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

If your going to put in a delay on sabbing if they are on NOX remove it that you have to send in a tonne more spies when they are on realm alert,

As it stands someone on NOX CRIT already has a bonus to there covert against phasing, dont give them 2 bonuses.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lithium
Forum Zombie

the delay would fix being hit by mor ethen 1 sab hit in a sec, its not about sabing power or how many hits but against being hit more then one time /sec.

one can train 20 mil spies , open 10 tabs and send 1m units to sab u from each tab and the target get hit in 2 sec 10 times resulting in def gone and an acers jumps in without giving time to retaliate. in my view its a bug and should be emailed to admin
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:the delay would fix being hit by mor ethen 1 sab hit in a sec, its not about sabing power or how many hits but against being hit more then one time /sec.

one can train 20 mil spies , open 10 tabs and send 1m units to sab u from each tab and the target get hit in 2 sec 10 times resulting in def gone and an acers jumps in without giving time to retaliate. in my view its a bug and should be emailed to admin

Thats the uniqueness about sab tho, its not a full frontal attack, its a covert operation, so why make it like an attack? If thats the reasoning do away with sab altogether.

Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Lithium wrote:the delay would fix being hit by mor ethen 1 sab hit in a sec, its not about sabing power or how many hits but against being hit more then one time /sec.

Yes but every player in the game can do this as it stands, the only advantage 1 person has over another is a higher covert, and if the lower covert is willing to lose a few million more covert agents they can easily hit the higher level, ive done it before, my 37 vs a 39, granted i lost alot more sabbing than what i would if i sabbed a lower covert.

So what is the real issue, is it that it costs the 37 more agents, or is it they are being sabbed to fast.....

So its easy, if you add a delay time, remove the extra troops vs nox.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Game Suggestions”