lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus AC)

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: lifer suicide change - will also kill attack units (plus

Forum wrote:i cannot win.
i get the 'sniper untouchable ruins game'
i get the 'if you can harm a sniper (ie this update), you must be after $$ and are ruining game'

the update plays into the miner being optional due to higher bank space minimum based on Cov level.
That update was mostly to be fair to non-$$ people who could not get higher covert without $$ otherwise (it was said...).

So by trying to make it fair for all, in particular non$ - i am apparantly only after $...

ah well :) I try... i really do...
I just hope people don't wonder why I do not like making updates :)

You will never please everyone, and these threads though full of idea's and opinions tend to favor the man who shouts loudest, as do your meetings favor those able to attend.

Best thing is to keep it simple, read the suggestions area ( and archives ), cherry pick what you think will work best and are viable as far as coding into the game then offer options in a poll linked to the game and only open to forum members who have an active ingame account, and maybe the usual min post count / min age of forum account.

If a poll option gets say 80% then thats a winner IMO, majority of players happy.

If players dont vote, or dont read the discussions properly to understand what they are voting on then they only have themselves to blame if they dont like what follows.

As for the £$£$£ issue, of course you want to make money, Im sure you have a very nice income from this game and other games. And IMO the £$£$$s is the incentive to keep updating to keep people happy & playing.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

MEZZANINE wrote:
Forum wrote:i cannot win.
i get the 'sniper untouchable ruins game'
i get the 'if you can harm a sniper (ie this update), you must be after $$ and are ruining game'

the update plays into the miner being optional due to higher bank space minimum based on Cov level.
That update was mostly to be fair to non-$$ people who could not get higher covert without $$ otherwise (it was said...).

So by trying to make it fair for all, in particular non$ - i am apparantly only after $...

ah well :) I try... i really do...
I just hope people don't wonder why I do not like making updates :)

You will never please everyone, and these threads though full of idea's and opinions tend to favor the man who shouts loudest, as do your meetings favor those able to attend.

Best thing is to keep it simple, read the suggestions area ( and archives ), cherry pick what you think will work best and are viable as far as coding into the game then offer options in a poll linked to the game and only open to forum members who have an active ingame account, and maybe the usual min post count / min age of forum account.

If a poll option gets say 80% then thats a winner IMO, majority of players happy.

If players dont vote, or dont read the discussions properly to understand what they are voting on then they only have themselves to blame if they dont like what follows.

As for the £$£$£ issue, of course you want to make money, Im sure you have a very nice income from this game and other games. And IMO the £$£$$s is the incentive to keep updating to keep people happy & playing.

I think it be wise to get 80% of the current players to actually visit the forum before you start dictating things by a vote, otherwise you know whats gonna happen there. The galactic council was the best option we all had to discuss the game in an orderly confined manner and open to all delegates who would bring their ideas or suggestions from their alliances to the meet for refining and subsequent voting. The scattered thread and random update discussion is just that. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

fair comments...
sometimes i just get frustrated (even if i am to blame for the issue ;) )

thank you ... will keep at it :)

its the non reset that really binds...

making a new quantum era is no big thing compared to a 'small 'change on main :)

(speaking of which - cool quantum era coming ... stones of power...many will fight for the few (4) stones of power...nothing like that in main...)

regardless - i will keep at it!! taking a week to visit parents, with the kiddies, so will see what gets done next week (am bringing computer ... ) vs. what gets pushed to next week...

thanks.
j.
Don't make me use this!!!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Meh..leave it at home and take a break m8. :smt025

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Jedi~Tank wrote:Meh..leave it at home and take a break m8. :smt025

I am gonna go with this one... ^^^ :D
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Meh..leave it at home and take a break m8. :smt025

I am gonna go with this one... ^^^ :D

Same here, RL comes first for admin as well as players

I would add though, it would be nice to get a heads up on when updates are to be installed. Instead of just logging in to find them & PPT, or having the game go down mid-mass. It would be nice to have a ingame message saying 'Maintenance or update scheduled for 'x' day' so we can plan around it.

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

No clue if anyone has suggested this already (sorry didn't reall all those pages) but I think if lifers become so important killing stuff, there should be a way to kill the enemy's lifers too. Maybe with Covert agents?
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

geisha wrote:No clue if anyone has suggested this already (sorry didn't reall all those pages) but I think if lifers become so important killing stuff, there should be a way to kill the enemy's lifers too. Maybe with Covert agents?

True, any unit capable of attacking should also be vulnerable to attack.

When def is down, sab the mines, cause cave-ins and bury lifers alive, decrease naq production. But do we want even more power to the highest covert levels ???

Lifer -v- Lifer would pretty much be a even match but I guess the defender would still have the advantage being on home ground so maybe a 2 to 1 loss when attacking.

Strike killing lifers after def is down, well TBH I would still prefer ( and think it makes more sense ) for strike to fight in def after def is down, Surely strike supers would step up to the fight before unarmed miners.

Whichever way you look at it, initially at least these new uses of lifers will seriously lower the armysizes of anyone at war overnight.

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

geisha wrote:No clue if anyone has suggested this already (sorry didn't reall all those pages) but I think if lifers become so important killing stuff, there should be a way to kill the enemy's lifers too. Maybe with Covert agents?

THAT WOULD MAKE EVERY THING KILL ABLE
Easy^ Rocks
geisha
Forum Addict

papa~smurf wrote:

No. Miners would still be safe. But if you can use your lifers to pwn the enemy, wouldn't it be unfair if they were untouchable? If lifers kill attack units, it will be a very important strategy during wars to have enough lifers to weaken the enemy. So ppl will build them up and up and try to remove the opponents strike completely and there is NOTHING you can do about it. No way to protect your attackers. So I think you should be able to defend yourself by killing enemy lifers before they kill your attackers. Miners are the only units left that don't harm anyone so they should remain safe.
geisha

SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

geisha wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:

No. Miners would still be safe. But if you can use your lifers to pwn the enemy, wouldn't it be unfair if they were untouchable? If lifers kill attack units, it will be a very important strategy during wars to have enough lifers to weaken the enemy. So ppl will build them up and up and try to remove the opponents strike completely and there is NOTHING you can do about it. No way to protect your attackers. So I think you should be able to defend yourself by killing enemy lifers before they kill your attackers. Miners are the only units left that don't harm anyone so they should remain safe.

Almost old school! I like it!
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

geisha wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:

There is a way to stop them from "just killing your strike".

Build a def that's worthy of the strike, they have to mass the def before they can get to the strike. And if you complain about that, well you're complaining about being massed my friend.

EDIT: By "You" I mean anyone that complains, not directed at geisha.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
geisha
Forum Addict

Oh I'm not complaining at all, I just think it would be a lot more fun if you could kill what could hypothetically kill you. People didn't like when AC units were untouchable for the very same reason: because it's lame when you can damage stuff but can't take damage.
geisha

BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

If this update happens (and I stated earlier that I don't exactly agree with it), I would think that anything military that is able to be untrained should be killable, that which is not should be safe. Defense can be killed, Spies can be killed, AC can be killed. Leave miners, lifers, attack supers safe, but make attack normals able to be killed with lifers. That way the only save way to hold uu is miners. Lifering AC is ok because you can untrain the AC, same reason can be given for Attack Normals, however Attack Supers are basically stuck there waiting to die and you can't do anything about it.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

BMMJ13 wrote:If this update happens (and I stated earlier that I don't exactly agree with it), I would think that anything military that is able to be untrained should be killable, that which is not should be safe. Defense can be killed, Spies can be killed, AC can be killed. Leave miners, lifers, attack supers safe, but make attack normals able to be killed with lifers. That way the only save way to hold uu is miners. Lifering AC is ok because you can untrain the AC, same reason can be given for Attack Normals, however Attack Supers are basically stuck there waiting to die and you can't do anything about it.

and what about; rising game cost, make it un affordable, boring, etc?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”