USA 2012 elections

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: USA 2012 elections

soundmanc wrote:I think they all suck. I think we need to gut the system and start over. "We the people" have been long forgotten. Granted, that's basically impossible, but I lack hope that anything will change or get better. A politician will not fix it, as his only job is to do whatever it takes to make sure he has a job. He has to please his financial backers to make sure he keeps getting money.

The system started out correctly. When people were elected to position. People aren't elected anymore, politicians are. Politicians don't care about the people, only the position.

When that error is fixed, probably never, we might hope to see improvement.

Thats where you are wrong, we have our second amendment, which is there for this reason. To take back our country by force when the government becomes to powerful and dont follow the people's wishes. We as American's need to take up a force of arms and either kill all the politicians and then vote in green/fresh people. They wont mess up for fear of losing there life, like the people before them. The other option is to use a force of arms to get everyone out of office without killing. Reform the government and make our country like it used to be.

Not like it is today. I say whatever country wants to mess with us, we blow them up and then help them rebuild. Not blow them up, rebuild and blow up again, thus causing us to lose money. We did to get back to the way it used to be.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

as long as the people with the guns arent controlled by the goverment... who in turn use them to keep their power :D
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Vote for Ron Paul and you will get not only your Govt back, but you will also get your constitutional republic back as well.

1 Future amendment should be to take away from the Govt, the ability to borrow money. your forefathers built the richest, most industrious and freest nation the world has EVER seen, and you did it without income tax and borrowing money...
I Cant remember which of the founding fathers said it and i can't remember the exact quote but it goes something like this "if i could make 1 constitutional amendment it would be to take from the Government the power to borrow money". Ron Paul is 1 of a VERY FEW in the US political system that understands money, how it works and how treasonous the Fed are.

No need to talk about taking up arms, just get Paul elected.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular
Alliance: V For Victory
Race: Human
ID: 0

Rand Paul has been detained by the TSA for refusing a pat down/grope/sexual assault.

Now the question remains will he be subject to the NDAA...?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Are you suffering from normalcy bias?
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Talking about Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich accused him to be racist and antisemitic (and homophobic, I heard he was also accused to be) due writings dating back to 90's.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/New ... 88468.html

Think it's low-blow based on rumors, fake and half-truths like what usually happens during campaigns, or is it realistic and backed with proves/sources?

I'm aware it's quite the easy card to throw such accusations, thus why I'm looking for your opinions on the matter, probably more aware of the problem than I am.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:Talking about Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich accused him to be racist and antisemitic (and homophobic, I heard he was also accused to be) due writings dating back to 90's.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/New ... 88468.html

Think it's low-blow based on rumors, fake and half-truths like what usually happens during campaigns, or is it realistic and backed with proves/sources?

I'm aware it's quite the easy card to throw such accusations, thus why I'm looking for your opinions on the matter, probably more aware of the problem than I am.

It is not based on rumors. The Ron Paul Investment Newsletter has been up for debate several times over the years. Articles were often written in the first person and contain some rather radical ideas and comments, according to bloggers and those who have read them. I have yet to find any copies of said articles on the internet, as it is a direct-mail newsletter.

The newsletter was created by The Foundation for Rational Economics and Education, which Ron Paul helped found in the late 70s. There are talks of ghostwriters and comments by Paul, himself, stating he had not read/did not know what was published in some publications of the Newsletter.

Gingrich's comments are based purely on the words and ideas found within controversial articles. Because it's in first person and has his name on it, it leads one to assume such statements are Ron Paul's personal ideas. It may or may not be the truth, but at this point it's difficult to really know for sure.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

He is not racist. those news letters might have his name mentioned, but he did not author or endorse those letters. furthermore, he has stated he knew nothing of the news letters contents. why would i believe him?! because when you watch footage of RP, his message has always been the same. stop the wars, audit the fed and cut the size of Govt. if you look at RP's voting record you will see he has always voted on the side of liberty.

There's also this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHFOZC8ock4

That campaign ad was put together by an independent RP supporter without RP's knowledge. so if the man is a racist, he sure hides it well.

As for Newt Gingrich, he cannot wait for a wife to get ill so he can leave her. his first wife got MS so he left her. his 2nd wife got cancer and he left her as well. the rest of them are equally or worse than Newt...who the hell names their child "Newt"?!

in Newts case. he should have been called Jabba.

-David Icke
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

RON PAUL 2012.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mordack wrote:RON PAUL 2012.
As a fervent hobbyist follower of geopolitics, I second that. ;)

Also. ROFL @ Jabba Gingrich. Genius G.
Whenever I hear Newt, I think 'double double, toil and trouble, etc etc'. Eye of Newt, anyone? :shock:
(For the less literate and more audiovisual-minded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DorcFBk4sf8)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Isn't Ron Paul the one in favor of security done by citizen to do justice themselves, because, they are the most entitled to know their problems and how to solve them, the most subjeobjectively, I suppose? :smt017
Not to mention, cut spending by a trillion within a year, that's quite a massive austerity plan in such a short time! Sure people would say in the long term it isn't a bad thing, but I remember people screaming about Greece's austerity plans, and there I don't hear the same song, that seems strange to me...anyone could enlight me?

Also, I am deeply skeptical about the positiveness of generalized homeschooling. Unless parents are themselves teachers/professors or have a high level of diplomas and diversified knowledge, I see this, in general, as a lowering factor for children's knowledge. Also, this is another communautarist (meaning, isolate yourself into your community from the nation, which is already rather developed in the USA) factor creator, people are taught whatever their parents want to teach them, and finally, I don't see in his program a regulation regarding homeschooling to find out who can provide it (knowledge and skills required) and who couldn't. But considering he's libertarian, it's not surprising he would reject regulation on this. As I said in another thread, the best solution to excellence for those who are meant to be so, regardless of their social origins, is to have a school system based on skills with level classes, not homeschooling. In general, such measure wouldn't benefit a majority of families who would have to send their children to schools because they couldn't offer homeschooling, realistically talking, even though many of them would want to, but that doesn't mean they should. They would probably do so, and afterwards realize they shouldn't have.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Julietta Putina wrote:
Also. ROFL @ Jabba Gingrich. Genius G.

I wish i could take credit for that one sweety, but i can't. that one goes to Alex Jones who had his IT people put Newts head on Jabbas body lol

Newt the Hutt to RP: "Your mind powers will not work on me, boy."

RP to Newt the Hutt: "Nevertheless, I'm taking The Republican Nomination and the Presidency. You can either profit by this... or be destroyed! It's your choice. But I warn you not to underestimate my popularity, and the peoples yearning for freedom and real change."

The people of the world to RP: "RP, the elections are rigged..."

In the same vain as those Saturday morning serials that Star Wars mirrors so well...we have to wait for the elections to conclude this exciting cliffhanger :-D

Julietta Putina wrote:Whenever I hear Newt, I think 'double double, toil and trouble, etc etc'. Eye of Newt, anyone? :shock:

LMAO!

Legendary Apophis wrote:Isn't Ron Paul the one in favor of security done by citizen to do justice themselves, because, they are the most entitled to know their problems and how to solve them, the most subjeobjectively, I suppose? :smt017

It's not that simple Jim, yes he believes that people should/need to take responsibility for your/ourself/s, but that doesn't mean he is in favour of wild west style protection and justice. what he wants is for the policemen to be policemen and not militarised policy enforcers.

Legendary Apophis wrote:Not to mention, cut spending by a trillion within a year, that's quite a massive austerity plan in such a short time! Sure people would say in the long term it isn't a bad thing, but I remember people screaming about Greece's austerity plans, and there I don't hear the same song, that seems strange to me...anyone could enlight me?

It's not the same thing, in Greece...indeed, world wide, not just Greece or Europe...austerity plans are forced on the people by raising taxes and cutting public services while maintaining/expanding Govt and Govt spending.
What RP wants to do is cut the size of the federal Govt by cutting unneeded and unwanted Govt departments which only serve the corporate interests, not the public's. he also wants to shut down all US bases worldwide and recall all the troops. we can debate stopping the wars and bringing home the troops in another thread if you want to go into that further.

Legendary Apophis wrote:Also, I am deeply skeptical about the positiveness of generalized homeschooling. Unless parents are themselves teachers/professors or have a high level of diplomas and diversified knowledge, I see this, in general, as a lowering factor for children's knowledge. Also, this is another communautarist (meaning, isolate yourself into your community from the nation, which is already rather developed in the USA) factor creator, people are taught whatever their parents want to teach them, and finally, I don't see in his program a regulation regarding homeschooling to find out who can provide it (knowledge and skills required) and who couldn't. But considering he's libertarian, it's not surprising he would reject regulation on this. As I said in another thread, the best solution to excellence for those who are meant to be so, regardless of their social origins, is to have a school system based on skills with level classes, not homeschooling. In general, such measure wouldn't benefit a majority of families who would have to send their children to schools because they couldn't offer homeschooling, realistically talking, even though many of them would want to, but that doesn't mean they should. They would probably do so, and afterwards realize they shouldn't have.

This is a big subject and one i don't have time at the present to address, i'll get back to you on this one in the next few days :)

-David Icke
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:Isn't Ron Paul the one in favor of security done by citizen to do justice themselves, because, they are the most entitled to know their problems and how to solve them, the most subjeobjectively, I suppose? :smt017
Not to mention, cut spending by a trillion within a year, that's quite a massive austerity plan in such a short time! Sure people would say in the long term it isn't a bad thing, but I remember people screaming about Greece's austerity plans, and there I don't hear the same song, that seems strange to me...anyone could enlight me?

Also, I am deeply skeptical about the positiveness of generalized homeschooling. Unless parents are themselves teachers/professors or have a high level of diplomas and diversified knowledge, I see this, in general, as a lowering factor for children's knowledge. Also, this is another communautarist (meaning, isolate yourself into your community from the nation, which is already rather developed in the USA) factor creator, people are taught whatever their parents want to teach them, and finally, I don't see in his program a regulation regarding homeschooling to find out who can provide it (knowledge and skills required) and who couldn't. But considering he's libertarian, it's not surprising he would reject regulation on this. As I said in another thread, the best solution to excellence for those who are meant to be so, regardless of their social origins, is to have a school system based on skills with level classes, not homeschooling. In general, such measure wouldn't benefit a majority of families who would have to send their children to schools because they couldn't offer homeschooling, realistically talking, even though many of them would want to, but that doesn't mean they should. They would probably do so, and afterwards realize they shouldn't have.

To avoid my Wall-O-Text...

On Education[spoiler]You seem deeply skeptical of education in general. Where you see homeschooling as less than positive, I see it as opportunity. Many children who are homeschooled actually do very well, if the right drive is there. They can go through subjects at their own pace, which is generally accelerated compared to public educational systems, and they have the ability to have more of a childhood than many others because their time isn't wasted each day learning 5 major things broken up between breaks/naps/recess/lunch hours/etc.

Also, now that communication and networking is easier with technology, there are homeschool groups where parents are able to bring their homeschooled children together for activities and other socialization. Additionally, there are school programs in place that allow children who attend homeschool to participate in sports, band, drama, and other extra-curricular activities within a local school district. One of the best baseball players while I was in HS was attended homeschool.

The other side of the coin is also true. I had a very creepy roommate in college who grew up homeschooled in rural, middle-of-nowhere Texas. She then went to school in Iowa. Her family was her entire support system and she did not know how to socialize outside of that community, which lead to interpersonal problems. To be fair, her very first roommate attempted suicide in their dorm room and she found her with an empty bottle of pills. But I caught her standing over me while I slept on several occasions, not to mention how she overreacted to the tiniest things, couldn't read body language or tone of voice, and folk danced to Red Hot Chili Peppers (I'm sorry, but that's just wrong [-( ). At the end of our freshman year, she checked herself into the psych ward at the nearby hospital. I have heard she has since returned to Texas, attended a local college, and all is right in her world.[/spoiler]

On Ron Paul/The Election[spoiler]Ron Paul is likeable because of his common sense. The big cuts to the budget are mostly due to his lowering the cost of our over-seas affairs. Unlike many other candidates, he sees where significant cuts can actually be made. The other candidates balk at this idea because it means less influence in the rest of the world, which they believe leaves us vulnerable to another attack because we no longer have our fingers in all the pies.

He's also been quoted as saying he doesn't fall asleep at night imagining himself in the White House. To the media, that means he knows he's going to lose. To me, that means he's honestly not dreaming about the White House at night. Sure, some of his policies aren't my favorite, but that is true with all the candidates. I'm an Independent, not a Republican. I'm pro-choice, I hate how the government considers my gay friends to be second-class citizens, and I believe the loopholes in the tax, healthcare, and insurance systems need to be filled before we can reevaluate and revamp them.

I voted Obama. I'll admit that. But I did so with the hope (ha-ha) that he could stop the Washington squabbling of Us v. Them that goes on CONSTANTLY in Washington, D.C. All he did was make it Me v. Congress. That being said, Obama didn't cause all of the problems we see today and I find it unfair he is blamed for all of it. Congress has helped to cause this economic disaster by not putting provisions in place when passing bills, not bringing things to the floor in an expedient manner, and ignoring the fact that each of them make at least twice as much as the average citizen in their state/district. They have done nothing to police themselves and I am tired of the politicians in Washington playing the Blame Game instead of stepping up and owning their **Filtered**.

I don't know who I will vote for in the next election, yet. The only thing I know for sure is that I would cut my own leg off before I vote Santorum. That guy has douchebag written all over him. And don't even get me started about how much of a complete **Filtered** he turns into when he opens his mouth.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

This link contains a video of a great debate.

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-trounc ... nn-debate/

-David Icke
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

When I try out the following site about USA 2012 elections, I am in front of several problems regarding the questions provided
http://www.selectsmart.com/president/
Meant to tell which candidate you would be closest, but problem is that some of answers I only partly agree with, and some I am in favor of compromise/balance rather than favoring one or another. Which makes the result inaccurate.
Question 5 for example, about security vs freedom: I am neither in favor of too harsh security/paranoid stances nor in favor of light-to-none security measures, I am in the middle, looking for a good balance. Means I shall pick "neither"? (one example of a question I would neither be for the first nor the second)
Same with minimum wage question, I would say it depends, considering US states have each a minimum wage, it's rather hard to limit it to "increase no vs increase yes". I mean if minimum wage was to be of $250/month, of course I would be in favor of an increase, but it depends where it is, and how the buying power goes in said state, etc... Shortly, not increase for the sake of increasing, but considering the local state requirements to see whether it should be increased or remain as it is. But considering differences are between states and president usually isn't there to do nation wide policy and it's up to governors to work on such things, I think it's rather misleading to pick an candidate considering that, but I suppose it's about whether they were in favor of it or not, back when they used to be senator/governor of their state?

That question regarding abortion...I am not pro-life (in the sense abortion shouldn't be done whatever the parameters are), but, I am in favor of rather limited abortion, meaning when it is needed (rape, health issues, etc..), I don't know what's pro-choice associations stance. Are they in favor of extended abortion, or limited abortion (which I agree with), taking into account that isn't a contraceptive method but something used when child in question has big health issues, can cause health issues to mother, or is the result of a sexual attack. Concerning teens' children, I must admit I am rather unsure what stance to take, case by case maybe, I don't know to be honest. My stance would be to give proper information to teens to avoid them having babies in the closet, due to lack on information about contraception methods, how to use them etc... Because abortion is not contraception. Information is really important, but such information should be policed, to avoid "twisted" information (one or the other extreme regarding abortion and sexuality) to be provided. As a consequence, I could be considered as a pro-but-limited-choice, but that would be sort of in between two options.
Spoiler

Spoiler
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

I believe Santorium is the best candidate out of the whole republican party, yet he wont receive enough votes :( if newt wins it, it automatically makes Obama president again. Mit romney has the best chance. Ron paul is what 70-80 years old? I know dozens of people skeptical of his age. Though that shouldnt make a matter. I personally think Mitch Daniels, Governor of Indiana, would have made the best run against Obama, but he decided to not run. Obama and his administration are very lucky because Daniels is liked by far more then Obama. I am from Indiana, so I should know :D Anyone running independent such as Donald Trump will just automatically give the win to Obama. We need a good person in there, unfortunately there really arent anymore. Cain turned out to be a hoax, yet Clinton did all the stuff while he was in office and didnt get in hot water, he got in office again!! Makes no sense, and the main reason is because Cain was a conservative-republican and Clinton was a liberal democrat. I would still of voted for Cain, just because he omitted his sin. Newt has an "Open realtionship" which seems odd, not many people will support him for that, Mit romney sold his companies out to overseas, one of which was right here in Indiana, he won't win Indiana if he gets the republican ticket, I guarantee you that. But no matter who runs up against Obama, I will vote for them because I want him out! :-)

As far as the homeschooling topic, I was homeschooled for 4 years before going to a private school. Homeschoolers are generally more educated then public school folk. I know dozens of homeschoolers who are highly successful and blessed. I know many who were 16 years old and freshmen in college. So homeschool is good as long as it is being carried out, becuase there are many who dont even teach there children they just leave them be. But for the parents that teach them, like my mother did me I am thankful for them. Worked full time jobs, full time mom and a full time teacher all at the same time. :D and Hey! I turned out all right..... #-o I think haha....
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”