London/UK Riots 2011

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: London/UK Riots 2011

Come on mate, it's not that simple in R/L.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I agree with Ear. If your friends start breaking the law, get the **Filtered** out.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

Eärendil wrote:Sure it is.

Why over complicate things?

hey, i have absolutely no problem with simple, but saying someone is guilty when you yourself have done no wrong in the presence of those who are doing wrong is never a simple matter...ever heard of extenuating or mitigating circumstances? (events beyond your control-for those who are unaware)

[BoT] Jack wrote:I agree with Ear. If your friends start breaking the law, get the **Filtered** out.

I also agree, that's EXACTLY what i would do in such an event BUT, that's not always possible...is it? :?

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Awwight, what's goin' on 'ere, sunshine? Looting and flaming a furniture store and shaming us bobbies, are we? *thwack*
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

It was 3500% this morning lol

Edit:

Eärendil wrote:
[KMA]Avenger wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Sure it is.

Why over complicate things?

hey, i have absolutely no problem with simple, but saying someone is guilty when you yourself have done no wrong in the presence of those who are doing wrong is never a simple matter...ever heard of extenuating or mitigating circumstances? (events beyond your control-for those who are unaware)

[BoT] Jack wrote:I agree with Ear. If your friends start breaking the law, get the **Filtered** out.

I also agree, that's EXACTLY what i would do in such an event BUT, that's not always possible...is it? :?

Sure you can.

As i said, i agree, however, in an extreme situation you know-as well as i do-it MIGHT not be possible to just "get out of there" ;)

-David Icke
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Police response ?

I already mentioned the fact that mass confrontation as in the 80s results in far more injuries/deaths, and with every injury/death more people come out in protest escalating the situation, and as in the 80s whole generations in certain area's will never trust the police or vote for the party in charge at the time again.

BUT also look at the innocent man who was walking home from work and died as a result of police action in a riot only last year. Not only did an innocent man die, but the officers held responsible have lost their careers and are facing prosecution just for following orders. Police in riots not only risk their own lives, but even if they outnumber and put down the riots they can lose everything for it, a lose / lose situation for the police.

Militia ?

One interesting development reported today, due to lack of police intervention to protect property groups of small business owners have been organsising, arming themselves and standing guard of their streets, essentially forming a Militia. So far they have not been confronted, plenty of easier targets for the rioters & looters but what will happen if the rioters/looters and this Militia come to blows ? We dont have any official self defense laws in the UK, we certainly dont have the legal right to hurt people to protect property so even if you consider this Miliia morally right ( as I do ) they would be legally considered to be in the wrong.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

If I was with friends when a riot started and my friends joined in the rioting, I would tell them they're **Filtered** morons and I would walk away. When the police distribute images of them looking for people to identify them I WOULD report my friends. Because true friends in my eyes would not be so stupid. So i wouldn't care if I resulted my friends getting banged up and a criminal record for breaking the law.

I loved the SUN's title today "Shop a Moron!"

If the rioting required the use of baton rounds, rubber bullets, water cannons, 100's of police dogs, the army, then i would 100% back that support. You say about "rubber bullets can kill" and all that crap, well yeah maybe people will be unlucky and get killed but they are the ones rioting and carrying out arson attacks and MURDERING innocent people.
Image ImageImageImage
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Clarkey wrote:If I was with friends when a riot started and my friends joined in the rioting, I would tell them they're **Filtered** morons and I would walk away. When the police distribute images of them looking for people to identify them I WOULD report my friends. Because true friends in my eyes would not be so stupid. So i wouldn't care if I resulted my friends getting banged up and a criminal record for breaking the law.

Wow....you really are naive old boy aren't you? Catching people cheating on sgw is one thing, ratting on the kind of people committing these riots is another thing entirely ;)

Lets have a scenario - you're out with a mate, he meets up with a bunch of guys and you tag along. All of a sudden these guys are breaking into a Comet and stealing TVs. What do you do? One of them has a knife, two others are carrying bricks they used to break a window, and another has a baseball bat. They aren't just gonna let you walk away from that...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

RepliMagni wrote:
Clarkey wrote:If I was with friends when a riot started and my friends joined in the rioting, I would tell them they're **Filtered** morons and I would walk away. When the police distribute images of them looking for people to identify them I WOULD report my friends. Because true friends in my eyes would not be so stupid. So i wouldn't care if I resulted my friends getting banged up and a criminal record for breaking the law.
Wow....you really are naive old boy aren't you? Catching people cheating on sgw is one thing, ratting on the kind of people committing these riots is another thing entirely ;)

Lets have a scenario - you're out with a mate, he meets up with a bunch of guys and you tag along. All of a sudden these guys are breaking into a Comet and stealing TVs. What do you do? One of them has a knife, two others are carrying bricks they used to break a window, and another has a baseball bat. They aren't just gonna let you walk away from that...
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

:lol: If they think you could be a snitch they wouldn't be your friends anyway. Oh, and if they are caught and you are the one not arrested, it was just based on a picture taken after you left. :P
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

RepliMagni wrote:

I would say, choose your relatives carefully and this would be unlikely to happen...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Cole wrote:
RepliMagni wrote:

I would say, choose your relatives carefully and this would be unlikely to happen...
You mean choose your friends carefully? You can't choose relatives.

I think in these riots people were more interested about smashing windows, looting and arson rather than who was walking away or not.

There were news reporters with cameras asking rioters questions as they were rioting. They didn't do anything to them, they let them walk away. There were spectators watching, they didn't do anything to them, they let the watch and walk away. So yeah I'd expect in most cases I'd be able to walk away.
Image ImageImageImage
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

nothing feels better than smashing glass. and that glass should be your glass that you broke your back working 14 hour shifts 13 days on the trot for

this rioting is just a bunch of mindless youths who sold themselves to that gangsta rap life style

funny thing is not one job centre has been burnt down i wonder why :-k
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

One guy was just interviewed supporting the riots and his reason for it is because we're letting in all sorts like the Polish who are taking our jobs. He said because of this they can't get any jobs.

What a toss pot. The reason morons like him can't get jobs isn't because foreigners are getting their jobs, it's because they are morons that **Filtered** about at school, or dropped out, and can't even add 1 and 1 together.
Image ImageImageImage
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

I wonder how the hooligans part of England's supporters are feeling right now, considering match was cancelled...

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”