sabotatore annoiat

Scenester
Forum Regular

Re: sabotatore annoiat

nimious wrote:not necessary. jack didn't buy USS and his stats were in those ranks
even i could build such stats, but i don't really see the point in feeding abhi's ME :P

Hmm was speaking of snipercool who did, same goes for hippy and probably Mercury?

Jack's stats werent even that impressive...
Mothership The PukingRainbow
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

but his total power was similar then theirs ;)
and if admin hadnt made that update, and he would take all 4 stones before ppt...
i guess he would be rank 1 atm :P
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Scenester wrote:
nimious wrote:not necessary. jack didn't buy USS and his stats were in those ranks
even i could build such stats, but i don't really see the point in feeding abhi's ME :P

Hmm was speaking of snipercool who did, same goes for hippy and probably Mercury?

Jack's stats werent even that impressive...

I paid $10 to get an extra PPT... but havn't done any USSs :smt018

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
wolfster
Forum Grunt

funny thing all my 2 USS where spent trying to get the stones of hippy, i wasted a lot of naq build a massive strike 3 times, than sold it 3 times for like less than half XD.
i didnt learn how to play of hippy all tho he did have some fun in era 24, jack was that one that taught me a lot ^^.
Abhi
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Well, constant strike selling is bad. Especially if you don't put enough efforts in the defense. It is easier to get the stone than to keep it, I think that much is clear.

Anyways, enough chit chat. Le saboteur just got a new cov 24... so like a new car, it had to go for a test drive. :-D

Name of the scenic route - rumfidus

Initial stats:

Strike Action: 409,663,169,748
Defensive Action 567,567,885,600

:sge :sge :sge
Current stats:

Strike Action: 0
Defensive Action 341,429,133,600

Le saboteur enjoyed this particular route because it was paved with the weapons of the highest quality only. So a little challenge was nice.

Cost of the lost weapons if they had to be bought again:
561,400,000,000 :sge

Though I am sure people can bounce back as long as there are farms like these available:
17:42 Abhi Ethan Page 24,308,123,130 Naquadah lost 2,068 3,772
17:42 Abhi Ethan Page 24,308,357,895 Naquadah lost 2,129 3,888
17:42 Abhi Ethan Page 24,304,690,395 Naquadah lost 2,198 4,007
17:41 Abhi Ethan Page 24,301,064,295 Naquadah lost 2,254 4,131
17:41 Abhi Ethan Page 24,293,731,118 Naquadah lost 2,327 4,258
17:41 Abhi Ethan Page 24,293,045,070 Naquadah lost 2,402 4,389
17:41 Abhi Ethan Page 24,288,849,090 Naquadah lost 2,477 4,525

Shout out to Ethan Page! :-D
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Actually Abhi I've done more massing & sabbing on high-end targets, declaring open wars on alliances with me and my team being far outnumbered, etc., than you probably ever will. So I know all about having fun and sabbing and massing.
I've had a lot of online battles and never, ever, lost any of them, and I was fighting against people like buck and the likes, so they weren't exactly noobs. I've fought most of the people on Quantum as well - even Hippy for instance. Last time I played, due to some.. Let's say unfair things High Empty did to beat me in achieving the best position to win the era - I was such an annoyance to him he had to polarize me, and I did so much damage to him that he couldn't win the era. All while he spent around 400$ on the game, and I spent none.
I remember the time when I was in war against 2 alliances on Quantum and they decided they'd take revenge on me on Chaos (it was the first Chaos era, a lot of people playing then), as they couldn't beat me on Quantum. It was 8 alliances vs my alliance and sister alliance (and another alliance joined on our side later on) on Chaos and in the end we prevailed, inflicted far more damage and came out of war with our heads held high and accounts actually a lot stronger than before (and with a lot of new friends, like it's the case in most of the wars where people are being good sports). Heck I could go on and on, for instance how we massed whole OE when I was in TPP on main, I lost about 35 mil units while killed about 200 mil units, just in the initial strike, and I was the main defence masser. So believe me when I say - there's nothing what-so-ever when it comes to massing, sabbing, warring in general that I haven't done.
The difference then and now is that the game was much more fun, it was much more fun fighting and it required a lot more skill than it does now. Every idiot with enough spare time can now completely destroy someone with no skills needed. It used to be a lot more tricky back when ATs weren't as easy to get, back when massing/sabbing someone actually severely crippled your account as well. Now it's a free ride. This, at least in my books, doesn't provide much fun or excitement.

About stats - I had to build 1,2 tril strike (it was about 9 times bigger than the #1 strike before I built mine) just to take the first stone away from Hippy - mind you it was more than a week ago and that took A LOT of farming and naq to get. Had it not been for admin's update just a bit earlier that day (and I'm talking about an hour or two), I would have gotten all the stones and would make it quite a challenge for Hippy to take them back - like nimious said I'd probably still be #1. My total power once I took the attack stone was about 13 tril. I had a plan which would work, and already had all the figures in place, to seriously compete with Hippy. After my original plan failed due to mid-era updates, which most of us dislike, I had to think of a new plan - and fast. I kept the attack stone while fighting 4 different people online and hoping Hippy would drop off PPT so I could snag another stone before going on PPT, but after waiting for few hours I couldn't wait any longer than I already have, so I went on PPT. After that, once I came off PPT I took another stone from Hippy and had an online battle with Flash - I kept both of the stones and crippled Flashes account. If the hour was earlier I would have probably kept the stones for another 6 days with my newly thought plan, but it wasn't so I was hoping I'd at least keep them for 24 hours and meanwhile I would have build covert up (no point in going spy-level crazy while you have the covert stone and no one can sab you, is there?).
Anyways things didn't go according to plan but I don't really care, seeing how hectic things are in my life at the moment it's good to not play the game :)

Like nimious said - I haven't bought any USSs, I never ever have bought any USSs myself, although I have planned on getting at least infusion bonus, but probably USS, for which I would have traded Quantum naq, like I always have. In either case I have never spent a dime on the game and actually made over 1000$ from it.

Snipercool - each has and/or had his/hers mentor, I'm glad I was yours and next time we meet I hope I'll have the time to play the whole era and teach you some more useful tricks most of the people are unaware about :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Abhi
Forum Irregular

God that was a long post. If I read that manifesto right, the point being basically that any idiot can do what I did so its not a big deal.

Good to know. Before the last wave of quantum, my last previous wave was more than 3 years ago. So I never had fun like this. So for me this is fun I guess. I never said that I am the greatest sabber ever. I outlined that it was for fun from the outset. I am having fun so I'll keep doing it as long as I have time.

Though I do think I remember the Chaos wave you are talking about. Was it the first one? Well, I don't remember the war you are talking about. All I remember is that I managed to get myself on the Chaos legends page. That made me plenty happy.

I never questioned you on your experience, in fact I acknowledged it. That was the reason why I invited you. I am sure I would have learned more tricks from you.

But you just seem to be on the defensive all the time. No one said you sucked because you got sabbed and massed. Jeez. I guess just go back to main.

Anyways, one of the reasons for posting my kills here is to get this forum a bit more active.
I guess its good I am getting one of the oldies to come write long posts here and that is getting some activity accomplished. So yay!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I enjoy a good forum banter now and then mate, hence when I come I usually write a post with a bit more than just one line :)

That wasn't the main point I tried to make in my post, although you surely will admit it is true as well. My main point is that achievements which actually require some sacrifices and are difficult to achieve are the ones that bring the most joy to you after you accomplish them.
Sabbing and massing isn't hard any more, heck it's very easy. Anyone can do it with basically no losses to themselves. Taking the stones, for instance as it's the case this era, can prove to be very, very, difficult and require a lot of sacrifice to your account (do you not think I would rather have spent all that naq on UP, which would be far more beneficial to my account seeing how I couldn't keep the stones, rather than getting first 1,2tril strike and then 1,4 tril defence?).

Sure, free roller-coaster rides can be fun, but they're nowhere as near fun as the megalomaniac roller-coasters that cost a lot extra to go on them - if you catch my drift.

Yeah the Chaos era was the first one, back in 06. I don't know how things are with Chaos now, but back then era lasted 1 year.. Well you'll probably remember it the most as the era when LichKing had half of the whole server power by himself. You probably weren't involved if you don't remember it. It was a big war with a lot of stats destroyed, no official ending of it on SGW forums though, but the topic was on SGW forums.

Yeah well the first thing you would have learned from me was to minimize your losses, always minimize your losses. For instance you could lose 30k units while doing the same amount of damage to me, and if I remember correctly you lost about 200k units :P

As far as main goes - I don't play it other than to sell naq for $$ as it's really gone downhill.

I agree that forums need some activity - I always have believed the forums are what keeps the game going, when forums completely die - so will the game.

Anyway why I actually replied. It seemed to me that you were sarcastic with
"Well I am glad I didn't make you quit. I hate when that happens. " especially after you said in your next post about my "wipe down".
You saying
"And btw, there are other ways of playing for fun that don't require too much time commitment. Wanna join me? :-D" seemed to make it look like I don't know these ways and it didn't seem really like acknowledging my experience, in fact it looked completely the opposite of that, and after your "I am playing for fun. :sge You should too!" which implicated I don't play for fun I felt the need to explain a few things to you. That's all :)

Hope I made myself clearer now.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Part 1 of the Return

My apologies for keeping quiet for so many days. What with the server down and being busy with school. Ohh, the horrors!

But don't worry! Le saboteur is back!

So after getting some 22 tril naq during the farm run post-ppt (which apparently was nothing compared to HE's nice catch), le saboteur decided to diversify his portfolio. You know, add massing to the pain and suffering being handed out. That and hopefully to catch Hippy and maybe steal his stones or possibly mass him. It seemed hard when he was at 150 tril def, but now that he is at 616 tril, it would have been impossible without admin's input. But I digress! And le sabotuer will get back to that topic soon enough.

A player by the name of ivandd40 had an impressive defense of 38 tril and some strike possibly. (can't be sure about strike as it was 5 days ago and le saboteur didn't get the time to post it anytime soon. BUT, his idea of a covert was level 20 with 100k spies at ~5.5k techs. So after the spanking, his new def is 1.3 tril. Obviously strike was 0 at this point. So, that gave le saboteur quite a few Mil. Exp.

A little later le saboteur came across KSM's 12 bil def and impressive MS and was able to take down the MS but unfortunately KSM came online and so the defense stayed up.

Not long after, le saboteur came across a defense of 20.6 tril. While this was not the highest (not remotely), it was within reach of le saboteur's new strike (at 10k techs :D) This player was maninho. Anyways, he had an excellent MS that went from:

My Mothership uses its Energy Volley to inflict 1,213.900 billion damage, destroying 483 Matter-Phasic Shields on Jahangir!

to:

My Mothership uses its Energy Volley to inflict 3,398,920,000 damage, destroying 0 Matter-Phasic Shields on Jahangir!

After a whole lotta massing (le saboteur is new at this... ), which was probably quite inefficient, the defense was finally brought down too. maninho lost about 73k defenders and in the AC melee, about 700k spies.

To his credit he did get some revenge by taking out 'some' of my def. He did get quite a few weps but not enough to dent the stats because le saboteur had a lot of weps bought without units trained for them; for a rainy day kinda deal. But maninho made sure that the strike wouldn't be used anytime soon.

Anyways, this was all about 4-5 days ago.

Fast forward to today and le saboteur gets a message from hippy and a visit in the attack logs. The message asked if le saboteur held the covert stone....

:smt043 LE SABOTEUR HAS THE COVERT STONE! LOL! :smt043

It took him a few minutes to realize that he did indeed have the stones but because of the ranks breakdown, could not see the change in ranks. Immediately two people were visited to finish up the sab turns. Again, because le saboteur is kinda an idiot, he used a lot more spies than were needed because he didn't realize just how much power the stones give.

Part 2 will detail the damage dealt there.
Last edited by Abhi on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Part 2 of the Return

So, le saboteur realizes the power he holds and understands the urgency of restoring some order back in this wave.

First target: HippyFool
Starting Defensive Action 616,458.960 billion

After close to 1.1mil spies sacrificed their lives (totally worth it though):

New Defensive Action 164,578.739 billion

This would explain the drop in total power for Chickens of Power! :)

Since he phased out, the next target from the top 10 was selected. The chosen one was ™THE_L3G3ND™

His losses were not as massive as Hippy's. He lost Strike Action: 10,534.704 billion and about 6 tril def. But he still has around 47 tril left standing and possibly more as he was farming right after it.

This is what is known so far: sometime this morning admin took the stones from Hippy's account and passed it around the ACTIVE players. I went through my logs and found that my covert stone came from ElgCaress. Since the galactic logs show no attacks from them since last night, I can safely assume that they were the original recipient until I stole it from them. Same story for my UP stone which I got from loregram. I am assuming neither realized they even had the stones. If they did, they did not use it or safeguard it. A big thank you to the two of you.

The income stone is currently with Scenester. It could not be determined if he was the original recipient or just stole it during his farming run. Regardless he went on PPT (as have I) to get some naq out of it.

The attack stone was found with Ytrewq (qwerty I assume) and was stolen back by Hippy. (ALERT: HIPPY HAS THE ATTACK STONE!) It could not be determined if he too received it directly or just came across it during farming. Anyways, that particular stone is currently behind a 160 tril def.

To recap: 3 stones are currently under ppt and another is behind a massive defense. If in 4 days they have not switched hands manually, I am assuming another tossup will happen. While this wave has been a little lopsided, I am attempting to correct it a little. I doubt anything can be done about Hippy's immense army though...

Use the stones when you get them peeps!

Else Le Saboteur is coming for ya!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Abhi just a quick suggestion - don't randomly sab/mass those that seem to be new to the game (I'm not really checking who you sab or anything since I login once per week to train UUs to make a better farm and to use my market bonus, but I do imagine some you have sabbed were quite new to the game). Sure it can be good ME-hunt and costs you close to nothing, but bare in mind that Quantum needs new blood. With simply massing and sabbing them for no reason they'll soon quit as some might not enjoy the massings/sabbings or take them lightly. Rather offer them an advice and if they do give you a reason to mass/sab them - first warn them not to repeat it again. If they do give you another reason - do as you wish.

Rather hunt experienced players that have been here long enough to know the game - it should make some interesting battles and most of all, keep the newer players in the game, rather than drive them away from it.
Yeah it's gonna cost you more, but ultimately it'll be a lot more fun.

Just my 2 cents anyway..

and PS: LOL at another mid-era update that should have been there from the start

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Well I am making the assumption that if people are in the first page or have top stats, then they have some kind of experience. But I can never be sure.

Also, I haven't played long enough to know who is actually who. I only know a fraction of the people anyways.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Not necessary. This early on I'd say it's probably the opposite. Anyone can get on first page in the beginning, in fact most of the experienced ones don't go stats-crazy so early in the era ;) Ending matters, not beginning. Of course Hippy, for instance, is in a different situation and is bound to go stats-crazy as he's the one holding stones, as is anyone that steals them or something..
A good way to determine how "old" someone is is to check their ID - lower the ID number, older the account ;)

For instance ID 9852 (just making it up, not sure if that account still exists or something) is older than ID 18653, and ID 18653 is older than ID 28903. Sure some people might have deleted their original accounts and started new one, like I did a couple of years ago, but the ID number will still be pretty low probably, or if they just came back - well each era is different anyway..

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

You guys make a wordy old fart feel good to see some long-winded posts in the Forum that, for a change, don't originate from this crazy old bugger... HAHA :-"
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

So does "sabotatore annoiat" have any big plans to end the era?

Return to “General”