Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=185751

How can this guy be a mod if he does things like this ???

1st the Topic is in the wrong section ( should be in $$$ trades )

2nd Harch currently has 3 open scam reports against him which Lone Dragon posted in so is aware of

3rd This Mods post makes it look like a genuine and trustworthy trader

Shouldn't trade posts from known scammers be deleted by mods when spotted, certainly not endorsed by them ????

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Mod Endorsing / Helping a scammer ????

THE GAME ADMINISTRATION TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THESE DETAILS, HIGHLY DISCOURAGES SUCH TRANSACTIONS DUE TO THE RISK, and OFFERS NO GUARANTEE OR WARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN WILL ACT AS PROOF OR CONFIRMATION ACCEPTABLE BY ANY THIRD PARTY THAT GOODS OR PROMISES WERE OR WERE NOT FULFILLED.
ANY PLAYER WHO RECIEVES CASH FROM TRADES AND IS CAUSE FOR A COMPLAINT OR INVESTIGATION THAT IS BROUGHT TO THE GAME ADMINISTRATION BY A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, WILL BE DELETED, REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT OF THE COMPAINT OR INVESTIGATION. THESE COMPLAINTS AND INVESTIGATIONS --NO MATTER THE RESULT -- TARNISH OUR REPUTATION WHICH HAS SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:THE GAME ADMINISTRATION TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THESE DETAILS, HIGHLY DISCOURAGES SUCH TRANSACTIONS DUE TO THE RISK, and OFFERS NO GUARANTEE OR WARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN WILL ACT AS PROOF OR CONFIRMATION ACCEPTABLE BY ANY THIRD PARTY THAT GOODS OR PROMISES WERE OR WERE NOT FULFILLED.
ANY PLAYER WHO RECIEVES CASH FROM TRADES AND IS CAUSE FOR A COMPLAINT OR INVESTIGATION THAT IS BROUGHT TO THE GAME ADMINISTRATION BY A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, WILL BE DELETED, REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT OF THE COMPAINT OR INVESTIGATION. THESE COMPLAINTS AND INVESTIGATIONS --NO MATTER THE RESULT -- TARNISH OUR REPUTATION WHICH HAS SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

I couldnt give a damn about the wording of rules or laws, never had time for that BS. I care about whats right and whats wrong. A Mod endorsing a scammer is WRONG. Gross mis-conduct IMO

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

You state I endorse I dont I confirm a transaction and I will leave it at that I dont care what you think as for confirming any transactions I will quit this game before I ever show you or anyone else my details! Am I perfectly clear in this!
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Scamming is part of the game. Personally, I'd go so far to say it's an entirely valid tactic. Caveat emptor. A fool and their money. One born every minute. Et cetera, et cetera. Next someone will be moaning when a mod 'endorses' a player that masses another player.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

lone dragon wrote:You state I endorse I dont I confirm a transaction and I will leave it at that I dont care what you think as for confirming any transactions I will quit this game before I ever show you or anyone else my details! Am I perfectly clear in this!

You dont think this post implies a trade has been completed ???

At best it's a bad inappropriate joke which could accidentally mislead people

At worst it's a deliberate deception, false positive feedback for a scammer

lone dragon wrote:Thanks Harchs easy and smooth trade have a good one

The worst part is you dont even think to think you did anything wrong

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
lone dragon
Forum Expert

MEZZANINE wrote:
lone dragon wrote:You state I endorse I dont I confirm a transaction and I will leave it at that I dont care what you think as for confirming any transactions I will quit this game before I ever show you or anyone else my details! Am I perfectly clear in this!

You dont think this post implies a trade has been completed ???

At best it's a bad inappropriate joke which could accidentally mislead people

At worst it's a deliberate deception, false positive feedback for a scammer

lone dragon wrote:Thanks Harchs easy and smooth trade have a good one

The worst part is you dont even think to think you did anything wrong

Fine you want blood and BS on ya!
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Mordack wrote:Scamming is part of the game. Personally, I'd go so far to say it's an entirely valid tactic. Caveat emptor. A fool and their money. One born every minute. Et cetera, et cetera. Next someone will be moaning when a mod 'endorses' a player that masses another player.
I endorse your use of biting cynicism.

However. I do see Mezz' point. Harchester should be banned from the Market completely. 10% good trades still means 90% bad. :)
lone dragon
Forum Expert

I am over this I have had a bad enough week as is you can go jump Mezz as for modship I hope truely you replace me cause then you can deal with the love and lies this community does to its mods. Its a waste of my time and energy in this dying game you wanna take the god role good go for it on your own!
Spoiler
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Mordack wrote:Scamming is part of the game. Personally, I'd go so far to say it's an entirely valid tactic. Caveat emptor. A fool and their money. One born every minute. Et cetera, et cetera. Next someone will be moaning when a mod 'endorses' a player that masses another player.

You just like when Esker did it ;)

Personally, I think it's the ultimate scum thing to do. Multying is better - cos the only person you're screwing then is the game rules. Scamming screws over a real person. Yes, someone gullible. But this is RL $$$ or ingame resources Harch is making from promising something he reneges on. That's fraud, plain and simple.

Its bad for the game. Its even worse if he can openly do it on the game forums.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Maybe scamming is part of the game but do you really think someone in an authoritative position such as a Mod of the game forum should endorse it ?

What do you think this does to the credibility of Mod positions ?

lone dragon wrote:Fine you want blood and BS on ya!

I dont do BS, but I do Blood, already tried to find you ingame, whats your ID ?

lone dragon wrote:I am over this I have had a bad enough week as is you can go jump Mezz as for modship I hope truely you replace me cause then you can deal with the love and lies this community does to its mods. Its a waste of my time and energy in this dying game you wanna take the god role good go for it on your own!

I did apply to be a mod a couple of years ago, I wouldnt apply now unless their was a major shakeup of the whole system. As far as I concerned you should jump or be pushed, resign or be sacked. I would have said disciplined earlier but since you have no remorse or regret over what you did I dont think you should be a Mod.

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
lone dragon
Forum Expert

MEZZANINE wrote:

Maybe scamming is part of the game but do you really think someone in an authoritative position such as a Mod of the game forum should endorse it ?

What do you think this does to the credibility of Mod positions ?

lone dragon wrote:Fine you want blood and BS on ya!

I dont do BS, but I do Blood, already tried to find you ingame, whats your ID ?

lone dragon wrote:I am over this I have had a bad enough week as is you can go jump Mezz as for modship I hope truely you replace me cause then you can deal with the love and lies this community does to its mods. Its a waste of my time and energy in this dying game you wanna take the god role good go for it on your own!

I did apply to be a mod a couple of years ago, I wouldnt apply now unless their was a major shakeup of the whole system. As far as I concerned you should jump or be pushed, resign or be sacked. I would have said disciplined earlier but since you have no remorse or regret over what you did I dont think you should be a Mod.

I cant wait for you to become one as for threats how wil you find if someone quits?
Spoiler
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

MEZZANINE wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=185751

How can this guy be a mod if he does things like this ???

1st the Topic is in the wrong section ( should be in $$$ trades )

2nd Harch currently has 3 open scam reports against him which Lone Dragon posted in so is aware of

3rd This Mods post makes it look like a genuine and trustworthy trader

Shouldn't trade posts from known scammers be deleted by mods when spotted, certainly not endorsed by them ????

A forum member and GW player took a risk by making a trade with a known scammer and thanks said scammer for coming through with the trade. The forum member also happens to be a Mod.

And now he should be removed from his post because he actually had an honest trade with a scammer?! Where the **Filtered** do you get off on this **Filtered**?! You take his post completely out of context and then want his modship removed because you have a stick shoved up your ass.

I'm so sick and **Filtered** tired of sitting back and letting people have these rounds against the mods on this forum. Should I be removed as a mod because I have finally lost my cool with all this **Filtered** I keep seeing around this forum? Well too the **Filtered** bad, because I am not speaking as a mod right now. I am speaking as a human **Filtered** being who has tried to be courteous to each and every one of you **Filtered** heads who act like complete **Filtered** to other people on this forum (mod and otherwise).

Grow the **Filtered** up. He had a good trade and said thank you. Two words that most people don't even use anymore. If this is endorsement, then I feel sorry for people who use the words "hello" in a friendly manner to a scammer. All you have done is make a good and honest person feel like absolute **Filtered**. **Filtered**.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Mezz, I see no-one endorsing anything.

Lone Dragon traded with Harch, like others have done. His trade went without problem. Why would lone dragon then claim he is a scammer when the trade went ok?

He is stating a fact and thanking someone for a trade. he did not say thanks, and keep up the scam trading.

Another case of blue name = mod. If lone dragon was a normal member you'd probably still accuse him of endorsing it but you'd probably just take it ingame. But because he's a mod, even though he was posting as a user/player you attack his Mod position. it's wrong to do that.

Also, I completely disagree with scamming ingame, we all know that, but I also at the same time admit that it is a legitimate tactic. Does that mean I am a Mod endorsing scamming now?
Image ImageImageImage
lone dragon
Forum Expert

Clarkey wrote:Mezz, I see no-one endorsing anything.

Lone Dragon traded with Harch, like others have done. His trade went without problem. Why would lone dragon then claim he is a scammer when the trade went ok?

He is stating a fact and thanking someone for a trade. he did not say thanks, and keep up the scam trading.

Another case of blue name = mod. If lone dragon was a normal member you'd probably still accuse him of endorsing it but you'd probably just take it ingame. But because he's a mod, even though he was posting as a user/player you attack his Mod position. it's wrong to do that.

Also, I completely disagree with scamming ingame, we all know that, but I also at the same time admit that it is a legitimate tactic. Does that mean I am a Mod endorsing scamming now?

Let me get this right I aint endorsing harch it appears I fell for his BS and somewhat preyed on my kind nature I would rather all be good and the guy get payed back more than anything as usual this is harchs way to get attention, as Mezz is I am rather angry I am going to take a break for a bit I would rather talk to Mezz directly more than anyone over this. As for more quotes on rules and laws SGW clearly states its not responsible for money unless its directly through them as from now you want to argue with me argue with yourself I am done from the topic, the game is dying and you want to attack everyone its only going to end sooner. I repeat I only want to talk to Mezz over this!
Spoiler

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”