mods abuse

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: mods abuse

well juliete set a thread congratulating someone else for a game related milestone NOT REVEALED thus making the thread void and if that then its spam. at least two users claimed the thread is spam but HAz stepped in MOD color that thread isnt spam and is backin it up

if a post has no meaning its spam but if its a thread then its not spam (unless its created by favorite users)
HAz u just proving here that u ve different versions to judge what is spam.

im not against spaming a bit im against those unfair Mods
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:well juliete set a thread congratulating someone else for a game related milestone NOT REVEALED thus making the thread void and if that then its spam. at least two users claimed the thread is spam but HAz stepped in MOD color that thread isnt spam and is backin it up

if a post has no meaning its spam but if its a thread then its not spam (unless its created by favorite users)

I said the thread itself was not spam. But there was spam contained within it, hence the use of "Back on topic."
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Lithium
Forum Zombie

well im showing arguments why the thread is spam, what u ve to put in table to back yr self that thread isnt spam?
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:well im showing arguments why the thread is spam, what u ve to put in table to back yr self that thread isnt spam?

I've been saying it the whole time, the thread isn't spam. Some of the posts may have been spam, but that does not make the whole thread spam.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Lithium wrote:well im showing arguments why the thread is spam, what u ve to put in table to back yr self that thread isnt spam?

I've been saying it the whole time, the thread isn't spam. Some of the posts may have been spam, but that does not make the whole thread spam.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:
Haz wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D>

So what did this achieve?
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Lithium wrote:
Haz wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D>

The achievement Haz is revelation of the fact that there needs to be a team in place or at the very least a leader that knows how to manage a forum.

Edit: It is actually too late now. Den Den..didnt we say what would happen..if what happened happened ;) You know what I mean :smt050

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Haz wrote:
Lithium wrote:
Haz wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D>

The achievement Haz is revelation of the fact that there needs to be a team in place or at the very least a leader that knows how to manage a forum.

The mod team for example? What I've been doing in the threads being part of my job? Cleaning up the spam...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

And use their Mod account for what the purpose is ment for

And this might solve it all .

I just do it this way:

If I'm posting like this, I'm posting as a mod.

If not, I'm posting as a user.

I suppose u take me for a fool ?

I'm speaking about accounts mate not the way u type :)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

I just do it this way:

I didn't say that I took you for a fool, nor do I think that.

If people take note of the way we type (whether its our mod colour or not), it renders to use of separate accounts useless. People taking note of the way we type is a much simpler and easier method than multiple accounts (as shown in the past).

Also, before I became a mod, this was my normal account. So technically we are using the account for what it was meant for, plus the added privileges to do our jobs as mods.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Psyko
The Irresistible

Haz wrote:
Lithium wrote:well juliete set a thread congratulating someone else for a game related milestone NOT REVEALED thus making the thread void and if that then its spam. at least two users claimed the thread is spam but HAz stepped in MOD color that thread isnt spam and is backin it up

I said the thread itself was not spam. But there was spam contained within it, hence the use of "Back on topic."

Allow me to try to translate.

Lithium believes that posting a congratulations thread without stating what deserves the congratulations is spam.

Haz believes that it's not spam to post a congratulations thread if it is related to an event in game. Similar things are done, I believe, for those who hit Rank 1.

The Rules state the following in terms of a Topic being spam:
Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.
According to the rules, the topic was not spam, no matter who the OP was.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Haz wrote:

Allow me to try to translate.

Lithium believes that posting a congratulations thread without stating what deserves the congratulations is spam.

Haz believes that it's not spam to post a congratulations thread if it is related to an event in game. Similar things are done, I believe, for those who hit Rank 1.

The Rules state the following in terms of a Topic being spam:
Section 4: Spam
a. Topics.
Topics will be considered spam if they fit into one of three categories.
i) They appear in the wrong section of the board.
ii) The poster has made more topics than is reasonable for one user within the day. A moderator will judge this based upon the topics created and where they are created at.
iii) The topic has already been locked by a moderator and the user has reposted the topic.
According to the rules, the topic was not spam, no matter who the OP was.

Similar things are done, I believe, for those who hit Rank 1.
thats quite different due to having a reason , the player achieved Rank 1 while the topic we are discussion has no achievement as it wasnt posted what player did.
also rules are subject to modification.
if a topic has no meaning then its pure spam as everyone who ll post has no clue.
in this case player A congratulated player B for an achievement not declared as a result Player's N are congratulating player b for nothing or for something they dont know so far spaming.
when Player Y asks for what is all this resulting in increasing the demand of others to know the reason the Spam Filter asks officially to stay on topic otherwise it might take actions resulting in Players N to just spam.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:

I just do it this way:

I didn't say that I took you for a fool, nor do I think that.

If people take note of the way we type (whether its our mod colour or not), it renders to use of separate accounts useless. People taking note of the way we type is a much simpler and easier method than multiple accounts (as shown in the past).

Also, before I became a mod, this was my normal account. So technically we are using the account for what it was meant for, plus the added privileges to do our jobs as mods.

What I don't get is this

You say 2 separated accounts is useless , why would it be ?

Multiple accounts ? who sed u need more than 2 ? 1 for modding 1 for posting.

And your account being upgraded to moderator + added privileges to do your job as mod doesn't really make sence.

And I'll tell you why ->

When a moderator post/discuss/spams etc... etc... it mostly end up in forums users being upset

I'll be bold now and yes thats because of ur bleu tag , simply because moderators aren't ment to have a chit chat , their based purely on their privileges given like you've sed.

a moderator always needs to be an example for the community and a moderator free to speak is personally in my oppinion not ment to moderate.

Simply because they would be seen as a moderator that will take sides between 2 fighting users in matter of speaking
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Zeratul wrote:If the community has serious input on parts of the forum rules, we are naturally willing to listen.

What good would that do? You would just dub it as whining and complaining. With the conduct you mods allowed to run rampant through the forum this past summer pretty much killed your respectability as a staff..and to what botjack just posted..once again, POINT. You see the attitude you people have?

We have not dubbed anything herein as whining, and only once made reference to anything as complaining, then followed by good answer despite that word. If in doubt, do a search on our name and either of the words "complaining" or "Whining". You will find 7 results on the former, 0 on the latter. Six of the seven former being either quotes or replies to a topic with the word "complaining" in the title.
Even in the silliest of behavioral patterns, we strive to answer posts logically and reasonably. All questions asked of the staff deserve a fair answer, even those that may seem to some to be hopeless and/or thoughtless and/or idiotic in nature.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Zeratul wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Zeratul wrote:If the community has serious input on parts of the forum rules, we are naturally willing to listen.

What good would that do? You would just dub it as whining and complaining. With the conduct you mods allowed to run rampant through the forum this past summer pretty much killed your respectability as a staff..and to what botjack just posted..once again, POINT. You see the attitude you people have?

We have not dubbed anything herein as whining, and only once made reference to anything as complaining, then followed by good answer despite that word. If in doubt, do a search on our name and either of the words "complaining" or "Whining". You will find 7 results on the former, 0 on the latter. Six of the seven former being either quotes or replies to a topic with the word "complaining" in the title.
Even in the silliest of behavioral patterns, we strive to answer posts logically and reasonably. All questions asked of the staff deserve a fair answer, even those that may seem to some to be hopeless and/or thoughtless and/or idiotic in nature.

Thats a crock lol.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”