Haz - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Haz - Feedback

Unfortunate that you got a warning Goo, since you weren't trying to avoid the filter you were just making a joke. I would guess you had no idea the word you were using would have been filtered, and that what you did was avoiding said filter. At least that is what it seems like..... nonetheless, ignorance is not an excuse.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Accusing Goo of ignorance is like accusing the Earth of not moving around Sol. I will not stand for such ridiculous nonsense. [-X

@Goo; your witticism is too complicated for these boards. The rules simply do not allow any hint at masking, so adapt your prose. They are the rules, after all..
I do not believe you would, but pulling an Eduard Khil is not going to be a good solution. ;)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

And yet he admitted to such ignorance and then you attempted to educate him. #-o
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Everyone is ignorant about something, don't fool yourself that Goo is above ignorance.

Anyway, Haz did what the rule states, therefore everything was done above board. Although I feel sometimes this is where discretion should come in to play, but the wording of that particular rules does not allow it.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Pfft! Haters gonna hate. :-D

(But fair enough, true enough.)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

I find it highly amusing that everyone here apart from Julliete (as far as i can tell) is completely missing the point and repeatedly accusing me of what i've already admitted and apologised to! How very noble and dignified of you all!

Just to labour my point for the sake of general ignorance (no fingers pointing, no names naming) I have stated that the overwhelming opinion of Haz is that he is OTT, overzealous and far too black and white for the position he holds. This is not the entire of my opinion on him, I am simply trying to help him understand how he is being seen as such.

Firstly, as i have said to Haz, i did not know about the masking rule and admittedly ignorance is no excuse for trespass however, in most jurisdiction, it is a consideration; especially in cases such as mine where the trespasser has been nothing but admissive in the face of what they have done. Secondly, I have stated several times (chickens > hens?) that Haz has simply done his job and that often times a moderator cannot afford to be less than black and white where rules are concerned. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I have pointed out that (in many cases as I understand) it is not the moderator at fault but the application of an ambiguous rule. "Masking" as you call it is entirely spurious. One man's mask is another man's face and who is anyone to judge what is in a person's mind at the time of posting? So then it has to be a judgement on the basis of under normal circumstances, would a normal thinking person, take what was said to imply the profain or derogatory? and in my case it certainly was.

Widely the problem here is that unlike most male creatures i'm able to hold two opposing views in my mind simultaneously. Females, on the whole, are more astute at this making them better debators. Basically speaking I do not have to agree with something in order to understand its necessity/importance.

I do not agree with the rule which was enforced but i understand the enforcing of it. I just wish Haz had perhaps chosen a more lenient solution. Sadly for him the rules and guidance are ultra specific on the matter leaving him no room for complacency.

I can sum the whole masking rule up in a very old anecdote i have. One afternoon in English my mate Nick (who was not the brightest spark in the engine) had been asked by the teacher to write a sentence on the blackboard containing the verb to fascinate. Up got Nicky and proceeded to write,
"My Dad has ten buttons on his shirt but, due to his size, two of them popped off so he could only fascinate"
:)
-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

GhostyGoo wrote:I find it highly amusing that everyone here apart from Julliete (as far as i can tell) is completely missing the point and repeatedly accusing me of what i've already admitted and apologised to! How very noble and dignified of you all!

Just to labour my point for the sake of general ignorance (no fingers pointing, no names naming) I have stated that the overwhelming opinion of Haz is that he is OTT, overzealous and far too black and white for the position he holds. This is not the entire of my opinion on him, I am simply trying to help him understand how he is being seen as such.

Firstly, as i have said to Haz, i did not know about the masking rule and admittedly ignorance is no excuse for trespass however, in most jurisdiction, it is a consideration; especially in cases such as mine where the trespasser has been nothing but admissive in the face of what they have done. Secondly, I have stated several times (chickens > hens?) that Haz has simply done his job and that often times a moderator cannot afford to be less than black and white where rules are concerned. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I have pointed out that (in many cases as I understand) it is not the moderator at fault but the application of an ambiguous rule. "Masking" as you call it is entirely spurious. One man's mask is another man's face and who is anyone to judge what is in a person's mind at the time of posting? So then it has to be a judgement on the basis of under normal circumstances, would a normal thinking person, take what was said to imply the profain or derogatory? and in my case it certainly was.

Widely the problem here is that unlike most male creatures i'm able to hold two opposing views in my mind simultaneously. Females, on the whole, are more astute at this making them better debators. Basically speaking I do not have to agree with something in order to understand its necessity/importance.

I do not agree with the rule which was enforced but i understand the enforcing of it. I just wish Haz had perhaps chosen a more lenient solution. Sadly for him the rules and guidance are ultra specific on the matter leaving him no room for complacency.

I can sum the whole masking rule up in a very old anecdote i have. One afternoon in English my mate Nick (who was not the brightest spark in the engine) had been asked by the teacher to write a sentence on the blackboard containing the verb to fascinate. Up got Nicky and proceeded to write,
"My Dad has ten buttons on his shirt but, due to his size, two of them popped off so he could only fascinate"
:)
-Goo™

Just pissin in the wind Ste. This place is not for the old school anymore, our time is long gone i'm afraid to say. An intellect such as yours would be best posed to drinking the night away debating philosophy with Dusty, Phil and I. :D
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

After joining HVE Haz seems to have issued more warnings too me, verbal and non verbal.

I have always liked Haz as a mod, he does a good job in general. He warns a lot yeah, so what? He has been getting massed and vendetta'd for it recently, yet he continues to do his Job. Haz, my hat is off to you.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Best. Mod. Ever. I don't care what others say, but Haz does a top job and is a definite role model to what I believe mods should be. Haz is the best mod since no matter about getting massed, etc, he continues to do his job and works hard at it and I hope he continues to do his Job as a mod for many moons to come :)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

bull with warn button :smt078
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

R0B3RT wrote:bull with warn button :smt078

Given the failure of appeals on my warnings to you, and once having a second look at your warnings, the nature of each warning, I would have to disagree. Unless you can provide other proof of course.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

I am requesting a hearing about my latest warning HAZ.

Yet again, its just something you are bored....not sure.
My post was taken out and dumped and i got a spam warning for answering about rob3rt's fighting in the dde/oe war.

Big Surprise there, i was warned for spam that isn't SPAM!!!!
And all the other crap that isn't even relevant nor funny, is left alone and fine. I even have rob3rt laughing at it. I mean come on Haz.

I see a pattern here...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

~Osiris~™ wrote:I am requesting a hearing about my latest warning HAZ.

My post was taken out and dumped and i got a spam warning for answering about rob3rt's fighting in the dde/oe war.

And all the other crap that isn't even relevant nor funny, is left alone and fine. I even have rob3rt laughing at it. I mean come on Haz.

I see a pattern here...

Firstly, if you are requesting a hearing on a warning, the ombudsman section is the way to go.
Secondly, your warning was only a verbal warning, dealt with alongside ROB3RTs post.

But onto the post, how does getting banned within a thread relate to the DDE/OE war?

Also, ROB3RT laughing at it is irrelevant. And if there is other stuff that isn't relevant or funny, there is the report button...

EDIT: Just saw your report...reporting a post already dumped. You would think that implys that the post has already been dealt with?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

~Osiris~™ wrote:I am requesting a hearing about my latest warning HAZ.

I see a pattern here...
Court is now in session, the honorable Judge Judy presiding.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

take him this tittle is a bull

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”