For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Ah the taste of revenge

As I recall MU fans were all about bragging that they ravaged Arsenal 8-2 for a while, as a consequence, even though I usually don't have anything against MU, I am really happy to see the today score of MU-MC derby at Old Trafford! :smt110

Eurosport wrote:MANCHESTER UNITED
81' D. Fletcher

1 - 6

MANCHESTER CITY
22' M. Balotelli 60' M. Balotelli
69' S. Agüero 89' E. Dzeko
90' E. Dzeko 90' D. Silva
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Ah the taste of revenge

Scoreline flattered Man City, esp. with those three goals in the last five mins.

But even so, with Aguera, Silva, Nasri, etc, they're definitely looking good to carry on....
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Shows how much money is destroying football. When you have the likes of Dzeko and Nasri on the bench with Tevez not even making bench.

The City fans will be singing about the Blue Moon rising but at the same time it shows how the sun is setting on established football clubs. When Manchester United with their international scouting system, youth academy, backroom staff etc etc get sunk by a bunch of mercenaries who don't care what the badge on their shirt says as long as it's their name in bold on the back.

That said Balotelli is a character, I do enjoy his antics on and off the pitch. It shows that big characters aren't dead.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Dmonix wrote:Shows how much money is destroying football. When you have the likes of Dzeko and Nasri on the bench with Tevez not even making bench.

The City fans will be singing about the Blue Moon rising but at the same time it shows how the sun is setting on established football clubs. When Manchester United with their international scouting system, youth academy, backroom staff etc etc get sunk by a bunch of mercenaries who don't care what the badge on their shirt says as long as it's their name in bold on the back.

That said Balotelli is a character, I do enjoy his antics on and off the pitch. It shows that big characters aren't dead.

I agree with your comment.

That very score due to the match against Arsenal is the only factor of joy for me. This is silly probably, but well...I like Arsenal! :-)
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Yeah, but the novelty and extent of City's purchases shouldn't be over-emphasised. How much have Man Utd spent in the last decade compared to City? How much have Chelsea? Have they balanced the books at all?

Not saying City haven't bought their way to the top....just saying it isn't exactly new!
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

RepliMagni wrote:Yeah, but the novelty and extent of City's purchases shouldn't be over-emphasised. How much have Man Utd spent in the last decade compared to City? How much have Chelsea? Have they balanced the books at all?

Not saying City haven't bought their way to the top....just saying it isn't exactly new!

I actually had that conversation last night, it's somewhere in the regions of:

Liverpool 150/200 million
Manchester United 150/200 million
Chelsea 300 million
Manchester City 600 million

What I will say about City is they ran at the market in a different way to Chelsea. Chelsea bought the biggest names they could get their hands on. City have bought big names but they've bought mercenaries. They play for money, no care for what club they're at, but they earn their money. Milner, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko will all work hard throughout the game and have the skill to make a difference. That is why City are seeing success so quickly.

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Chelsea: £285.686.720...£936.015.344...£-650.328.624
Man City: £196.561.090...£730.052.400...£-533.491.310
Man Utd: £352.246.400...£625.454.720...£-273.208.320
Liverpool: £401.512.320...£687.025.680...£-285.513.360
Arsenal: £369.688.000...£435.662.480...£-65.974.480

Makes for interesting figures....one of the main differences is on the income side as much the expenditure....
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Arsenal are the best managers. Oh well, I would have expected less deficit from them though. :-k
Spoiler

Spoiler
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

I could have sworn Arsenal made a profit last year. Maybe they spent some of it paying off the cost of the stadium.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

I got those figures from transfermarket.com - presumably it only takes into account the profit/loss of transfers rather than overall income/expenditure....I think. lol
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Then they're probably right. I just can't imagine how on earth Arsenal spent £435mill or on what!
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Interesting article here about club finances.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... ounts-debt
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust

Return to “Sports Section”