Citibank Customers Arrested For Closing Their Accounts.

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Citibank Customers Arrested For Closing Their Accounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRUdmqWir-o

I just found out about this. this is VERY scary, now you cant even get your money out of a bank without risking arrest.
This is obviously designed to stop people causing a run on the bank. for those that don't know what a bank run or run on the bank means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_run

But in the end a bank has no right to do this and just shows who the police are working for when in the US especially-the police can trample on someone's guaranteed rights.

I predict a bank holiday soon...for those who also don't know what that means, a bank holiday is when all the banks close their doors for a period of time, when those doors reopen your money has been devalued or worse, possibly worthless.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Citibank Customers Arrested For Closing Their Accounts.

Well, scared sheep from the masses already caused quite a bit of damages in past as well as bank holidays (precisely 82 years ago), and it also happened more recently, I think it happened in the UK due to a rumor few years ago (massive withdrawal, not bank holiday). There was also this clown Eric Cantona, football player who asked for people to withdraw in mass in a particular day for a double middle finger to banks (and indirectly to economy as a whole): was a fail and barely anyone followed, simply because the ones tempted to follow barely had anything in their bank accounts. :-D

However, arresting them is exaggerated. Bailout the banks continuously however would make banks think (already the case +/-) that they can play with fire and get away with it. On the other hand, let the banks close and you will get a bank holiday or worse.

:-k
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Dont know much about US law/indemnities, in the UK the last 'run' was on Northern Rock and people queued overnight to withdraw silly little amounts that were covered by the government saving insurance so couldnt be lost anyway.

Yes refusing to allow customers to withdraw is bad but I bet the small print allows it, and if local branches dont hold enough cash to cover large scale withdrawals preventing them could prevent a riot outside the bank.

In that position I would set up a new bank account elsewhere and transfer my funds online, no excuse for refusing online transfers unless the bank declares insolvency in which case all the customers become creditors until the bank or it's assets are sold.

AGAIN this proves that high street banks should be separate from investment banks even if it means paying monthly account fees for the service at least the high street banks would be safe.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

MEZZANINE wrote:
AGAIN this proves that high street banks should be separate from investment banks even if it means paying monthly account fees for the service at least the high street banks would be safe.

We agree.

Such a mistake Bill Clinton did by allowing them to be separate again in the USA!
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Legendary Apophis wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:

We agree.

Such a mistake Bill Clinton did by allowing them to be separate again in the USA!

That was carried out by Alan Greenspan. under Greenspan the fed lobbied for Glass Steagall [spoiler]Investopedia explains Glass-Steagall Act
The Glass-Steagall Act was enacted during the Great Depression. It protected bank depositors from the additional risks associated with security transactions. The act was dismantled in 1999. Consequently, the distinction between commercial banks and brokerage firms has blurred; many banks own brokerage firms and provide investment services.[/spoiler] to be revoked. the UK (dunno about other nations) had similar laws which were also removed. this opened the floodgates so to speak.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Kit-Fox wrote:That is a very bad video that does not show the beginning of the incident, but instead starts halfway through.

Also the audio quality leaves a lot to be desired, making it hard to tell exactly what is been said by various people.

however, assuming that the police were unlawfully detaining people who had gone to the bak in order to carry out the legal & lawful transaction of closing their accounts, I have to ask what was the community doing???

There were clearly more supporters than cops, why were police vans allowed to leave? Why wasnt the road blocked? Why didnt anyone do something?

Its alright to bang on about these things and to be there when such events happen, but if you do nothing then you are only helping the situation get worse.

Case in point, in the early 90s the cops in the UK were cracking down on what are termed 'illegal raves' They arrested the organisers of such a rave and seized the equipment. The detained & equipment was taken to the local police station. The entire local community of that area, who really didnt care about the rave as it was carefully executed to avoid causing trouble blockaded the police station, stopping anyone from entering or leaving until the detainees were released without charge & with all of their equipment. After 24hrs the police folded & released them.

All you see in the posted video however are peopole idly standing by and letting it happen. Its no good chanting slogans, at some point in order to make a stand communities have to remove their consent to be policed and take action against the police force.

Criminal Justice Bill - The only protest march I ever went on was against that law. It killed the rave scene overnight and it was nothing to do with drugs killing people or the other BS reasons given, simply put it was about people having fun without being taxed. Government dont want people partying all night all loved up in a field or warehouse, they want us in clubs buying insanely taxed alcohol.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

That was carried out by Alan Greenspan. under Greenspan the fed lobbied for Glass Steagall
SPOILER | +
to be revoked. the UK (dunno about other nations) had similar laws which were also removed. this opened the floodgates so to speak.

Yes, it was what I was talking about.

____

Criminal Justice Bill - The only protest march I ever went on was against that law. It killed the rave scene overnight and it was nothing to do with drugs killing people or the other BS reasons given, simply put it was about people having fun without being taxed. Government dont want people partying all night all loved up in a field or warehouse, they want us in clubs buying insanely taxed alcohol

Meh, clubs > raves. 8) (as well as the music clubs are playing > raves music)
Spoiler

Spoiler
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Anyone here ever been roughed up or beaten by a police officer, peace officer, or other law enforcement officer?

Tis not for the faint of heart... :neutral:
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

lol... apparently, you need to see more videos of peaceful demonstrations in america gone wild...

even when the ordinary, untrained citizens manage to keep their cool in such manner,
(highly unlikely, esp. if the police tried subtle provocations... easy enough even on audio/video tape.)

the police will often arrest / roughup / beat as many as necessary... it happens...
called refusing a lawful order, obstruction police administration, etc.

NYPD has been called one of the top intelligence agencies in the country...

over here, even the real protesters, (not the WTO-style anarchists with a death wish),
are trained to not resist, have their day in court, and argue it there...
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

well i predict population holidays :) long ones as banks wont give ya the $$$
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

@Kit-Fox:

Unless you are advocating insurrection, such an action is Ill-advised st best. The police will shoot you. This is America, every officer carries a gun. They can and will shoot purifiers, and they will get away with it regardless of how illegal it was. In many states, including Texas where you have the right to kill sn officer on self defense, you have no right to resist an illegal arrest. Interfering with an arrest is a serious crime. The police will not back down and they time and time again demonstrated that they are all too happy to mace your ass for any reason whatsoever. If you interfere with an arrest they will beat the living **Filtered** out of you and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.

There are very few options, you can welcome your new overlords, you can start an insurrection or you can work to get the laws changed. Civil it's too late for civil disobedience, all it will accomplish is getting your head caved in.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite

Removed
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”