I was given a warning for the wrong reasons...

Ombudsman Case Archives
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular
Race: Drunken

Re: I was given a warning for the wrong reasons...

I expect this warning to be retracted...

end of story
Spoiler
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:Rudy I will slap u in a sec..

OK it says Masking is intentionally using characters to mask a bad word, I intentionally used masking for a word that is NOT BAD..

so I expect the warning to be retracted thanks..
Ok then tell us what word it was, and then use it in the context of your post
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Bruno, I understand where you're coming from in this and If you did really post that word as Flaming, then I'm in your corner in this issue. How ever, masking as a general is against the rules are Zeratul stated. Its almost as if you've double bluffed yourself on it. I don't think that the mods will retract your warning on this. On one hand they can say that they believed you were attempting to mask the word which is worse and people are stating the filter would of picked up. However, if you did post flaming, you posted it under a guise of masking. Your only hope then would be to try to build a case on masking words which aren't offensive. such a H3ll0 being a version of Hello. However, i think the game mods will stick together and this and your warning will stay. Lets just see what the future brings. Possibly contacting a forum admin here named 'Amelia' (i think is her name) may help. She is a representative of Jason, NOT the forum admins. He personally appointed her. She is here to cast a 100% unbiased eye on any and all situations and only answers to Jason. I would expect, if you did contact her what ever she calls this as, it would not be able to argue against her. Her word would be final.

Hope it helped.
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Hope wrote:Bruno, I understand where you're coming from in this and If you did really post that word as Flaming, then I'm in your corner in this issue. How ever, masking as a general is against the rules are Zeratul stated. Its almost as if you've double bluffed yourself on it. I don't think that the mods will retract your warning on this. On one hand they can say that they believed you were attempting to mask the word which is worse and people are stating the filter would of picked up. However, if you did post flaming, you posted it under a guise of masking. Your only hope then would be to try to build a case on masking words which aren't offensive. such a H3ll0 being a version of Hello. However, i think the game mods will stick together and this and your warning will stay. Lets just see what the future brings. Possibly contacting a forum admin here named 'Amelia' (i think is her name) may help. She is a representative of Jason, NOT the forum admins. He personally appointed her. She is here to cast a 100% unbiased eye on any and all situations and only answers to Jason. I would expect, if you did contact her what ever she calls this as, it would not be able to argue against her. Her word would be final.

Hope it helped.

It is only against the rules if u masked to hide a bad word but not to hide a good word... read the rules
Spoiler
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

renegadze wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:
Malasorte wrote:Jason, what you are saying is bull **Filtered** and you know it.
And why so, I simply asked him to prove his innocence... Use what you said without the masking

I'm sorry I thought you were innocent until proven guilty lol surely the emphasis is on the "administration" to prove his guilt? :-"
Why would you think that?

-----

I would think it's clear to anyone who looks at what context that the word you intended to be conveyed was a word which is currently on the filter. Should you have intended to convey another word, such as "flaming" (which I give about a 2% likelihood of being true, based on the context) then you should strive to prove such by using the context of your post and also other facts/reasoning.

The Mod team is certainly not beyond saying they were wrong and changing. Just recently a member was unbanned, and their warning removing in a situation EXACTLY similar to this because they showed the word they had half-self-filtered was not one that is on the filter, as was thought when a warning was given.

This is not the USA, you aren't innocent until proven guilty, and the Mods don't have prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the word you intended to convey was on the filter.

Based on the judgement of the Moderator who gave you the warning, you were masking. Masking on these forums is defined as trying to convey a word that would otherwise be filtered by the forums by bypassing said filter. If the word is not on the filter then it is not masking, by definition. As I said though, based on the judgement of the Moderator the word you were trying to convey was indeed a word that is on the filter. This is most likely based on the context the word was in, and also the demeanor of the post as a whole. I personally agree with said judgement, but it is not my domain to make or overturn the decision. To have your warning removed you must either convince the Global Mods under which the Moderator works, or the Forum Administrators by way of the Ombudsman.

It does not matter if a word should be filtered, it does not matter who else has masked a word on these forums, or who else is currently masking one. None of that matters, all that matters is your post. If you actually want your warning overturned then you should focus on creating an argument that shows the word you wanted to convey was not on the filter.

I don't know how else to help you, or help clarify the situation, but certainly DEMANDING that something happen or threatening Mods that post here will NOT help you.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

The word Flaming is not on your filter and Flaming = F^%$ing ...

The rules state that a person cannot INTENTIONALLY MASK A WORD THAT IS ON THE FILTER LIST, now Flaming AKA F^%$ing is not on the filter list hence there was NO intention to mask a filtered word. Therefore I did not break any rules.

To Flaming Slow is correct English... and thats what I said..

So please read the rules correctly before putting me down for doing something wrong.
Spoiler
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

flam·ing/ˈflāmiNG/
Adjective:

Burning fiercely and emitting flames.
Very hot.

So in turn you said "Too burningly slow"

Do you even understand english?
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

If you were saying flaming why didn't you just say flaming instead of adding all those symbols in the middle?

And for the record, 'flaming' is a colloquialism often used in that context. My dad used to say it instead of the other f word when we were very young.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Mordack wrote:If you were saying flaming why didn't you just say flaming instead of adding all those symbols in the middle?

Thats the way I felt like posting.. Its a free forum as I did not break the rules...

I can say S&^ = say i can mask what i want as long as i am not masking a filtered word and thats what the rules say so I am not breaking any laws..
Spoiler
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

~BrunoDaOzzy~ wrote:
Mordack wrote:If you were saying flaming why didn't you just say flaming instead of adding all those symbols in the middle?

Thats the way I felt like posting.. Its a free forum as I did not break the rules...

I can say S&^ = say i can mask what i want as long as i am not masking a filtered word and thats what the rules say so I am not breaking any laws..

Well, fair enough. I guess "Hmm, I got warned for this word. I'll pretend I was saying another word instead just to be awkward" is as valid course of action as any.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Bruno,

Saying that if you wanted to say the bad word you would have said it in it's full form and then saying that you felt like saying flaming with random characters really undermines your argument completely.

However, I do respect the fact that you first contacted me about the warning which is something I always recommend. I don't respect the fact that the contact contained a demand to remove the warning. I also respect the fact that you then contacted my superior before taking it to the Ombudsman. You have my appreciation for going through the correct procedures.

However, you have failed to explain why you chose to mask the word flaming. Saying that's how you wanted to write it is not an explanation, it's an excuse.

I understand you're upset because this is your very first warning on the forum and you don't even have any verbal warnings. If it had been any other rule then I would have given you a verbal, however, this particular rule clearly states the consequences of masking will be a direct board warning.

The fact that you claim you haven't even read the rules of the forum is irrelevant here. It is no-ones fault that you haven't read the rules other than your own fault.

I welcome Odin to contact me regarding this case if he sees fit.
Image ImageImageImage
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Clarkey wrote:Bruno,

Saying that if you wanted to say the bad word you would have said it in it's full form and then saying that you felt like saying flaming with random characters really undermines your argument completely.

However, I do respect the fact that you first contacted me about the warning which is something I always recommend. I don't respect the fact that the contact contained a demand to remove the warning. I also respect the fact that you then contacted my superior before taking it to the Ombudsman. You have my appreciation for going through the correct procedures.

However, you have failed to explain why you chose to mask the word flaming. Saying that's how you wanted to write it is not an explanation, it's an excuse.

I understand you're upset because this is your very first warning on the forum and you don't even have any verbal warnings. If it had been any other rule then I would have given you a verbal, however, this particular rule clearly states the consequences of masking will be a direct board warning.

The fact that you claim you haven't even read the rules of the forum is irrelevant here. It is no-ones fault that you haven't read the rules other than your own fault.

=D>
Spoiler
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular

Clarkey wrote:Bruno,

Even If I was masking it, I have not broken the rules.. Your rules state that it is only against the law if you mask a Filtered word and I have not masked a filtered word because Flaming is not on your filtered List.

SO how can I get a warning for a rule I did not break ? its crazy
Spoiler
Spoiler
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

As the global mod in charge of the mod who gave the warning, I agree with the warning being given and did not overturn it, so Ombudsman can go forth in the process as Bruno already came to me about it. In the context of the post and the fact that another word from the post was filtered, I could not see that the post would make sense as flaming and since the letters masked lead me to believe it was a word on the filter, I agree with the warning being given.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Can't really go wrong with this one, can you? ;)

Return to “Case Archives”