The Raiding Quiz!

Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

The Raiding Quiz!

Think you know the ins and outs of raiding? Then lets see if you can answer these questions! (Because I can't, but I want to know the answers)

Q1: When taking naq I only need to use 10 turns to steal all of a person's naq from an inactive account. What about with raiding? If I use 10 turns raiding someone, will I get the same amount of slaves/units as I would if I used a full 15?

Q2: Does your attack strength affect how many units I get? For instance, if I raid with 1000 units, all with the best weapons, will I get more slaves/units than if I raided with 1000 units with the weakest weapons?

The reasons for these questions is simply because I'm stuck taking 40-50 units per raid, while others have appeared to move on to 70+
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: The Raiding Quiz!

From my experience so far using 10 turn attacks lowers the average return by about a third (which would be right). As for weapons, it doesn't make a difference. I have been raiding with a single weapon, and the worst one at that. Hit those inactives that are currently at the 5.6k mark (some teeter over to 5.7k) and you will find yourself hitting between 70-100.

Just keep your eyes on how they all grow at the same pace and be cunning enough to know which to raid without even spying. Oh, and be sure to declare war of course.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Retribution
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: T.O. -- §_§ -- ™F_L™
Race: 100m
ID: 7468
Alternate name(s): §a'Kagé

I usually just check the galactic logs for when someone get's a high number of units, but only attacked once. Fly on in and finish the job!! :smt047
Scenester wrote:Maybe Kikaz worked his magic and won, who knows...he works in mysterious ways he does...
Affirmation wrote:...[R]emember to tell everyone as the only thing MORE stupid than Sharing Stupidity is NOT sharing stupidity...
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

15, and strike action only matters if they have a defense

The real question should be how do you know which account is going to give you above the average coded hit and which are going to give you 39 units
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Scenester
Forum Regular

I can hit someone and get 65 the first time, strike again and get 104...
To me it seems like its somewhat if not entirely random :-k
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Kilimanjaro
Forum Grunt

Scenester wrote:I can hit someone and get 65 the first time, strike again and get 104...
To me it seems like its somewhat if not entirely random

I totally concur :smt087
"...the last time someone was as wrong as you, was when a politician stepped off an aeroplane in 1939 waving a piece of paper in the air saying there will be no war."
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I did some calculations and tests.

A) If you use 7 or more ATs you will get approx the same result per 1 AT. e.g use 7 and get 20 UU... had you used 14 you would have gotten 40 UU. Therefore 15 is most effective simply because it is quicker, but you wont actually get MORE UU.

B) The amount of UU you get seems to be within a somewhat random range, rather than an exact number. I believe that it will average out to getting 1/1000th of their UU per 1 AT (15 ATs will get approx 15/1000ths of their UU). However, the range is something like BETWEEN 1/850th and 1/1150th which explains why you can get 60 one hit and 100 the next.

C) The ONLY thing that seems to effect it is declaring war. MAKE SURE YOU DECLARE WAR BEFORE RAIDING.

D) Your attack power makes no difference.

E) Some races MAY give better results, but I have not tested it yet.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Old man Affy got bored and tried hitting the four different Races and from what I could tell I had no advantage hitting one Race over another. It still follows essentially the same randomness that Hipp explains, and averages out about the same average UU raided regardless of Race of target.

The only thing I can see that if you start hitting a Player multiple times, usually your best results are in the first 3-4 Attacks, because, and only because after 4 or no more than 5 straight hits you have reduced their Slave/UU size down about 400 UU and then the averages start to fall off.

I even tried jumping to different parts of the Attack pages (One set in the page 20s, one set on the page 30s, one in the 40s, one in the 50s) and NO difference in the average over 4 sets of Attacks on one player, the average UU raided still averaged out about the same.

Oh well, hope this useless drivel of info helps prevent you from trying these ineffective tactics! HAHA

'Bad Affy' sez, Anything Affy does is ineffective... Just ask Mrs. Affy? :-$
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

I have found I get better results raiding parasitics and replicators :-k
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
HippyFool
Forum Elder

™THE_LEGEND™ wrote:I have found I get better results raiding parasitics and replicators :-k

I believe that could be true. I did not do enough hits when I tested initially to really come to a conclusion, but when I averaged out the numbers by race Tauri were WAY bellow the other 3. Goauld were highest, repli close behind and asgard a bit bellow that.

Maybe something to it, maybe not! The random range is so big that it is VERY hard to tell!

Scenester
Forum Regular

Kikaz has well over 11k untrained,
Zulu has just under 11k untrained,
Both are parasitic,

Kikaz only loses around 200 units every attack.
Zulu loses 350-320 units every attack.

Investigation report status: closed

Conclusion: Sh!ts random as hell!
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Scenester wrote:Kikaz has well over 11k untrained,
Zulu has just under 11k untrained,
Both are parasitic,

Kikaz only loses around 200 units every attack.
Zulu loses 350-320 units every attack.

Investigation report status: closed

Conclusion: Sh!ts random as hell!

What about their defenses? And covert? Admin did say covert was important.

Also on a sidenote, kinda glad to see Q forums being so active :D
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I wish it wasn't random. Should just be that you get 1/1000th of their UU per 1 AT used. Would add a lot of skill to this wave.

A few times I have raided people with ALOT more UU than the innactive accounts and half my hits have been worse than hitting innactives.... ](*,)

Return to “General”