First descension!

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
cubby989
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

First descension!

Congratz to me, high-fives all around! :sge

also, easter egg..?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG+1 - LG+2 - LG+3 - LG+4 - AG - EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - US - UN - UK
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: First descension!

congratz :)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
cubby989
Forum Newbie

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:congratz :)

Thanks! Still getting the hang of Ascended, with its various misspellings and repeated phrases.
Still amazing, even if the calculators aren't working! :smt047
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG+1 - LG+2 - LG+3 - LG+4 - AG - EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - US - UN - UK
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Easter egg? No such thing. Everywhere where there are calculations to be made, if you fail to do them before the computer, it will show a similar message.
I'll leave it up to you to discover them, as their fun fades after the first time you see them.

[spoiler=Tips on how to avoid descension:]Get Energy Flow of 600 and you should be un-descendable.

and to be on the safe side, after you get that

Get Energy Channeling of 600.[/spoiler]
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Gaius wrote:[spoiler=Tips on how to avoid descension:]Get Energy Flow of 600 and you should be un-descendable.
and to be on the safe side, after you get that
Get Energy Channeling of 600.[/spoiler]
You should update your information. This is no longer accurate.
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Really? What, new updates to ascended? (Or old updates that I might have not seen?)
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Yea ah.. not even 900 levels are undescendable right now :razz:

Several months ago the toc was increase twice nearly doubling it each time. then you got people that have 6+ quad dmu invested in their toc levels alone.

My tip to avoid descension: Don't piss off the wrong people. And build those defensive levels.

Image Image Image
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

Well, since most of us don't log in to ascended every day and rarely if ever attack anyone there, train every untrained planet into defense supers, intelligence and counter-intelligence. Raise their levels in PowerUp too.
Other than that, try to get a 75% damage decrease (personal constitution or something) together with high levels of energy recovery & channeling.

75% damage decrease should be 1000+ levels in personal constitution i think..
Pissing off people who have a superiority complex will get you attacked, as Angelis said - but there are people out there who do "personal assault" either for fun or for improving their superiority complex (like "yay i killed sum1!!!1111oneone")

A sure way to avoid descension is to descend yourself. You keep "some" bonuses (lose a lot) but you can't lose those "some".
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Gaius wrote:Well, since most of us don't log in to ascended every day and rarely if ever attack anyone there, train every untrained planet into defense supers, intelligence and counter-intelligence. Raise their levels in PowerUp too.
Other than that, try to get a 75% damage decrease (personal constitution or something) together with high levels of energy recovery & channeling.

75% damage decrease should be 1000+ levels in personal constitution i think..
Pissing off people who have a superiority complex will get you attacked, as Angelis said - but there are people out there who do "personal assault" either for fun or for improving their superiority complex (like "yay i killed sum1!!!1111oneone")

A sure way to avoid descension is to descend yourself. You keep "some" bonuses (lose a lot) but you can't lose those "some".

](*,)

:smt017

:smt018
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

I was ironic for the most part.
The only part which I consider to be valid of my own post, is that of training all planets as super defs, coverts and anticoverts - since the enemy has to have a higher military power than that of the one he plans to "personal attack".
Coverts and anticoverts to protect the super defs.

100% damage decrease would also be nice (although i doubt an admin would allow that)
cubby989
Forum Newbie

There's also the fact I don't really have the cache for getting 1000+ constitution anytime soon ;)
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

Gaius wrote:I was ironic for the most part.
The only part which I consider to be valid of my own post, is that of training all planets as super defs, coverts and anticoverts - since the enemy has to have a higher military power than that of the one he plans to "personal attack".
Coverts and anticoverts to protect the super defs.

100% damage decrease would also be nice (although i doubt an admin would allow that)

Simply just destroy what defense they put up.

Intel planets do not protect anything. They only hide what dmu and planets you have. Assassins protect your planets. This is the ascended server... Im curious to where you have "anticoverts" :shock:

Image Image Image
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

The game mechanics are similar, so by anticoverts i mean assassins. By the way, "assassin" is the name of only the Ori anticovert planet.
Others are Ghost planets, Dark planets, etc. So calling them anticovert is a good generalization.
Covert planets hide what you have. If the enemy doesn't know what you have, they may give up to fear.
Destroying "what defense they put up", implies having the ability to do so. The higher their defense, the harder it is.
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Gaius wrote: The higher their defense, the harder it is.

not really harder, rather more costy ... unless the enemy has more deff and assassin planets then you have in total trainable planets ...
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

Gaius wrote:The game mechanics are similar, so by anticoverts i mean assassins. By the way, "assassin" is the name of only the Ori anticovert planet.
Others are Ghost planets, Dark planets, etc. So calling them anticovert is a good generalization.
Covert planets hide what you have. If the enemy doesn't know what you have, they may give up to fear.
Destroying "what defense they put up", implies having the ability to do so. The higher their defense, the harder it is.

Call them what you will but the majority of people will continue to call them assassin planets. Anti-covert suggests they are doing something against covert planets when in fact they are sent in to destroy other planets by "sneaking" past the defense to "assassinate" enemy planets. That's why people generalize them as Assassin Planets or just assassins.

Train 1 billion covert planets with a mediocre covert level and you can just about spy on everyone. Sad truth that needs to be fixed to be honest.

And yes as Reschef said its not how big the defense is but the amount of assassins they got protecting it. If you train a 300 quad defense but only put up a 900 tril assassin power protecting it then it can be lost easily. No ones going to build a 300 quad strike so they simply DM the crap out of it... you only lose 4% assassins per DM/DI.

Image Image Image

Return to “Ascended General”