Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

Re: Newgrounds and other news?

Borek wrote:to be honest the poorly thought out gameplay features combined with massive amounts of bugs and no sign Admin even cares about fixing it before live or addressing the core problems means this is going to flop massively.

I just don't get why he even bothered to make it if he can't be arsed to actually do what it was originally labelled as, which is be a simplified version of the game with a fresh start that newbies can play for a bit without the huge time-sink of ascensions in main plus potentially being massacred by a veteran player and driven away.

Techs for all stats, income, MS etc? Why, for the love of God why????? Main doesn't have it, they are not capped so the race you pick is irrelevant and even if you get 50% boost to all stat per ascension it's STILL not worth it due to these retarded techs. Plus you can combine it with other badly thought out "features" to make an untouchable killing machine of an account.

MS being more complicated than main and required to even farm anyone...Why, what is the point, it's not simpler, it's more complicated, if anything there shouldn't even be a MS in this!

Officer/commander why even have it since it does absolutely nothing, you can't even check your officers logs.

No nox, no alert level, but at least there's no lifers, but this makes it very tough to manage your income when not around, going to put people off playing when they start being power-farmed and it limits the tactical options a lot.

Stargate being required to raid, blitz and sab, massive gameplay flaw, what is to stop anyone just not building one then they have no need to worry about leaving UU out, they cannot be sabbed, but they can still farm as much as they want. Are you on crack thinking this is a good thing???????

Releasing a beta then not bothering to even so much as post to acknowledge the bugs, discuss issues such as i have listed etc just makes the entire player base think you do not give a damn.

Why is anyone going to waste their time on the game?

u know borek is right lol :)

after my first ascention i built my up to close to 19K by just farmign had all techs over 300 had covert level of 23 it just got boring then i was like bog it :P just ascend what else can u do when theirs no more naq on server no ones active , u get like bog all turns ... ect
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I would love to see an admin presence on the forums for this game....just so we know someone out there is actually listening....
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict

althought i must say since sol was given ascended thingy hes been arround alot more lol
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

also up for debate, but as it stands i think:
at last level you can ascend to main at that level (ie level 18).
If you want an ascended account on the ascended server you need to go one more (19) ...
how we stop multiple ascended accounts (since having 2 main accounts is ok) is the only question unresolved...
the logic to do this is not in place yet, but its not hard.

Borek wrote:way i read it is once you get to "max" ascension in this you can convert to main, i assume you would start with a 13x ascended main account, but i am unsure if it would generate a generic ascended starter account or you would have to wait to ascend in the main game before getting one.
Don't make me use this!!!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

fixed.
General Riviera wrote:Name changes don't work. I wanted to become 'Game Needs Work' ](*,)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

worked if you had ppt - not if not.
fixed now:

"You have acquired it all...or at least some of it all...or at least some of some of it all...
Ok - you have acquied somethings! better than one thing, or certainly better than no thing."

Dmonix wrote:The get it all market option also doesn't work
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

techs get more expensive as your ascensions go up. so its not really a reason not to buy them, but less of a reason not to.... since they're cheaper relative to higher up... less 'throw away'

Hydra wrote:
Borek wrote:Yeah, i'd still like to see the individual techs gone or hard-capped at like 50 each, because as it stands there's just no point ascending and losing everything when you can make up for the bonus to stats from ascending by merely buying a few more tech levels.

Those techs just do not work in a long term non-resetting game, makes picking a race type for the bonus irrelevant, ascending irrelevant and also means that someone starting down the line in a few years time is gonna just be blown out the water by people with a fraction of their army sizes trained up

Agreed. This server has been open how long, and already between Repli and I, we could carve up the rest of the server.

Also, another bug i ran into, although maybe it was there deliberately, was that after one large farming hit on Snakekeeper, I was unable to hit again from the "again" menu....slowed down my farming considerably
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

give me what you did first to get to the again, what ID from/to, url, and any errors or what happens when you try...

Hydra wrote:Just tested, I can't do any of the attacks from the "again" menu after attacking
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

debating a mission to build a gate in a foriegn land.. .or at ascension one comes with it...

Hydra wrote:
Dmonix wrote:Also if raiding requires a stargate on both sides what's the point of building a stargate, keep your account without one and just build up untrained units forever and ever.

Also agree on this point.

It should be that you have to build a stargate to raid, sab and blitzkrieg, regardless of what the other side has. Otherwise someone can sit there with absurd numbers of UU out, and they can't get hit. If a player does that on main, they WILL get raided. Might as well get the new players into good habits of not leaving UU out.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

<b>Ascended Level</b></font>

<a title="Your base level of ascended power. This level is used a multiplier for all other stats including strike, defense, covert, anti-covert, income. It does NOT multiply Ascended Power growth or population growth. You can achieve a maximum level of 18 the cost aproximately doubling each time.">?</a>

Lithium wrote:it gives no bonus ascending , atm its just for fun so u can find a way to do it fast, which i belive it ll be changed when game goes live.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Forum wrote:debating a mission to build a gate in a foriegn land.. .or at ascension one comes with it...
I love you.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Julietta Putina wrote:
Forum wrote:debating a mission to build a gate in a foriegn land.. .or at ascension one comes with it...
I love you.

I'd love you too if you did this. :smt060

You know it makes sense. Whichever one you choose it'd be a lot easier to raid/sabotage.
Hydra
Forum Grunt
Alliance: HVE
ID: 1987017

LuBu wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
I love you.

I'd love you too if you did this. :smt060

You know it makes sense. Whichever one you choose it'd be a lot easier to raid/sabotage.

Agreed. Sabbing and raiding are key components of playing main, raiding especially. Since this game was meant to graduate new players to main, they should be learning to do these things in NG.
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict

Neo what's ur ascension level nap ? I'm at 14 but been logging on randomly lol could of been at 16 by now
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Jason when a user reach 18 lvl and he ascend for the main account , including or not the ascended acc, what will happen to his NG account???
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “New Grounds General”