Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Petition to stop farm fest

You are right in your view, as far as I am concerned, but a bit narrow in the proposed solution.
True, simple and effective, but there is something to be said for being able to achieve an advantage in the first week. It might be better to reduce that to the illusion of an advantage (for instance through -very- gradually increasing the income produced by miners), but in the long run, this simply is a feature of the lifecycle of this kind of game. :)

I wholly agree on restricting SS to be 'features', not 'resources'. Compare to certain other online games. SS could -for instance- be bought to allow someone to see more than the 10 last intelligence logs; or the last 100 attacks.. or to be able to change their name.. simple, small features instead of resources. That would be quite the puzzle, though. ;)
killtacular
Forum Addict

If I get this right in layman terms Semper is saying from all the games he has played. If your not on the game enough to say farmfest, or literally farm accounts. Its not worth playing. Don't take offense to this but if your silly ass (meaning everyone) doesn't have the time to play then don't.

HERE IS MY 2 CENTS AT HELPING THE PROBLEM. Since this is a new grounds game for beginners do not put the SS in to the game until they have say ascended 7xs ingame. There are 13 if I read it right. 7th ascension you gain access to buing blackmarket blah blah blah. As far as the start of your begining ppt can Admin just do both options you can either have that 2 days off ppt , or make a button claiming 2 days of ppt naq right from the very begining. You would have to do some assumptions on the amount , since you do not know what there playing times and habbits would have been during the two days of prep time at the start of the game.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Only the one off fest Kill, just the one at the start.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

just leave existing accounts in vac mode. who wants can login and start playing
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Semper wrote:The farmers/the lucky ones become the next cock-sure tit to think he's ETL, always form some suped up alliance that thinks it's DDE in it's prime and they end up driving people off because there is ALREADY a massive gap of pointless competition they didn't really work to get OR they actually know how t use their advantage, cultivate it and dominate until someone with a healthy disposable income comes along to either topple them, ally with them or buy their account. There is occasionally the person with no life who farms quite literally 12/18 hours a day... (that's NO exaggeration) who might come CLOSE.. but really they're only competitive until the guy who's had the power from the start (and is, ergo far more insulated in his power surrounded by other like-minded powerful 'bullies') recruits them or kills them.

The amusing thing is, we have already seen this dominate Newgrounds within the last month or so of Beta, before the reset today.

Zirtux and Replimagni were untouchable due to a Naq market glitch start with too much glitch that got them ahead by a extreme amount, it's not quite a huge farm or mass SS $ spend, but it's the same principle. At the closest time they were 100x ahead of everyone else, before Amun Ra stumbled upon the Ascension glitch.

Me and a friend were the ones on 18+ hours (no lifing #-o ) a day trying to catch up the ones who had got ahead starting with more Naq. Others very active include Lithium (who I must give credit too, as his activity stunned me after our first encounter), Godlike rose up through the ranks, along with Breadley. Darkhero was also active from what I could see of him (which was very little). Even then non of us managed to catch up the monopoly the top two made, not even close! ](*,)

I think the biggest problem would be SS. With it the Newgrounds server is going to be in two leagues, those who pay, and those who don't, it's the truth. Then there is always going to be the top few who pay the way into the top 5 with pure $$. Those who don't pay, or do so rarely, will be at a disadvantage; which I see is a bad thing considering this server for those who are new and want a slower, fairer gameplay.

I know Jason needs support for the server, and i'd happily donate money without the bonuses of SS, because I enjoy the game. There probably be others too that would donate just because they enjoy the Gatewars game as much.

Julietta has the best idea of all, just make SS rewards some sort of feature(s). It could involve new name prefixes, or other theaterical features that people can enjoy. I just don't want this new server being unfair or biased in anyones favour.

Also I agree that new accounts as Vaq mode permanently until someone logs in. That gets rid of the innactive/unsed accounts! :smt021
Last edited by LuBu on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

y takin it at heart dude. u want an adv then farm at ppt drop then u get rank 1 and wont lose it till next reset.
tis game cant be ever fair but at least admins shall not make it easy for some who happens to play at their time zone.
personally i dont give a damn, tried to delete but it wont let me lol a reset to ix what?
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

Lithium wrote:y takin it at heart dude. u want an adv then farm at ppt drop then u get rank 1 and wont lose it till next reset.
tis game cant be ever fair but at least admins shall not make it easy for some who happens to play at their time zone.
personally i dont give a damn, tried to delete but it wont let me lol a reset to ix what?

I don't really care, doesn't bother me at all. Just want it to be up and running smoothly when it resets, that's the big goal. I used Beta as an example of how we don't want it like once live starts (in terms of mass Naq income to a small number of individual in a shot time frame), not because it upsets me. Any hiccups we have seen so far could ruin it for those newbies joining then........ :smt019
Lithium
Forum Zombie

well u cant change it , its been some years like that in main.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the largest thing that I agree with here is:
you register, you want to play.

so no protection at the start.
10mil in the bank.
1mil open.

1 mil will not be worth farming right away, so it should be all good, and a new account can jump right in and war :)

The 'farm fest' at the start will not be too big a deal as nobody will start with turns :)

And SS will be balanced / limited. Exactly how not 100% sure yet...
Don't make me use this!!!
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

Forum wrote:1 mil will not be worth farming right away, so it should be all good, and a new account can jump right in and war :)

The 'farm fest' at the start will not be too big a deal as nobody will start with turns :)

That pretty much resolves it then, sounds fair enough. =D>
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Forum wrote:the largest thing that I agree with here is:
I knew you would agree. :-D
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

10mil in the bank.
1mil open.

1 mil will not be worth farming right away, so it should be all good, and a new account can jump right in and war :)

Good biyatch J. ;)

Now. When does it go live? Someone send me a message or something and let me know...
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

Semper wrote:

10mil in the bank.
1mil open.

Good biyatch J. ;)

Now. When does it go live? Someone send me a message or something and let me know...

I too am waiting for it to go live, so we can finally let go and have some action. :smt021

At the moment i'm stuck as a turtle with hardly any Naq income and the 2nd highest defence, watching people try to farm for Naq and losing the attack. Somehow managed to get into the top 15 like this :smt101. It starts fun, but now I just can't wait for the live launch.

Any idea when it will be? :smt115
Adapt
Forum Newbie

LuBu wrote:
Semper wrote:

10mil in the bank.
1mil open.

Good biyatch J. ;)

I too am waiting for it to go live, so we can finally let go and have some action. :smt021

At the moment i'm stuck as a turtle with hardly any Naq income and the 2nd highest defence, watching people try to farm for Naq and losing the attack. Somehow managed to get into the top 15 like this :smt101. It starts fun, but now I just can't wait for the live launch.

Any idea when it will be? :smt115

I've already posted but 2013!
canshow
Forum Newbie
Race: Assassin
ID: 82192

Well, while this Beta is open, i will enjoy farming everyone until i run out of turns. :-D

Return to “New Grounds General”