Revocation of Warning

Ombudsman Case Archives
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: Revocation of Warning

General Riviera wrote:Given that there are an awful lot of rules Jack, do you really think everyone knows them all inside out? You can pretty much guarantee that there are violations of the rules occurring on these forums all the time that go unnoticed or just not bothered about - dismissed as trivial violations. If you wish to vilify me for that, then you also vilify so many others indirectly. Which is fine, by the way.

Yes, if you choose to not read the rules and find yourself in violation of them, that is your damn fault. Ignorance is not a defense.

General Riviera wrote:I do not 'fervently refuse to accept responsibility' for my actions. I am a great believer in rules as they are supposed to uphold normality and the general peace. Without them we would have chaos and anarchy of course. I have my moments here just like we all do, and whilst yes, admittedly I sometimes have a tendency to become hot-headed about things I only ever do it when I feel that actions taken against me by users and moderators alike have been done unjustly and I will fight my case accordingly. It isn't a lack of responsibility, and nor are my actions out of 'desperation'. They are in the interest of getting a fair deal - which is something you would expect in modern day society, whether this is an internet forum or not.

Receiving a free pass would be far from a fair deal. It would be special treatment. Your hotheadedness and inability to behave in a civil manner clearly demonstrates desperation. ;)

General Riviera wrote:As for 'demanding special treatment'? How and where have you got that from? I don't come here asking for anything other than what everyone else deserves, as already mentioned, a fair deal. The critique of your ability to moderate is within my rights as someone who is on the receiving end of the power you assume as a moderator. For anything that you have deemed as a verbal offence of yourself, then whilst not retracting my belief or opinion, will apologise for the sake of the peace on the forum.

Again, you want a free pass for violating the rule. That is special treatment. I never said you weren't allowed to criticize me as a mod. I just said that I don't really care about your opinion, that it is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Actually, I do encourage criticism of my position, bring on the comedy! :smt081
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Yawn.

Go about your business Jack. I'll go about mine.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ah, let's not do this here.
Thanks!

Locket for a bit.

Return to “Case Archives”