New reset? losing all active players, games dying slowly

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
canshow
Forum Newbie
Race: Assassin
ID: 82192

Re: New reset? losing all active players, games dying slowly

Adapt wrote:Brilliant contribution! Moaning about someone moaning that's very contradictory.

You've had an forum account since 2009, yet only posted 47 replies, so it's fair to assume every post you've made has been about about moaning at others for pushing for bugs to be fixed.
I'm tired of incompetent people like yourself, that write entirely pointless replies just to look good.

If you were an intelligent individual you would know that great things happen for those that protest/moan.
Your observational skills are unchallenged, amazing that you've aquired such knowledge about me.
Run along now leave this post for the big boys...

Oh yes! And my 1 post that basically telling you to quit moaning equals your multiple posts of you yourself moaning, AND warrants a personal attack. Makes perfect sense. Thank you Captain Logical.

I don't use my forum account much because i don't have much to say. And how exactly are all 47 (now 48) of my posts replies? Please, if you're going to try to appear smart and engage in an argument, try being, you know, somewhat intelligent about it? You say all of my so called "replies" are all about moaning, you call me incompetent, all without bothering to obtain a shred of evidence outside of this topic, but yet you accuse me of acquiring some unknown knowledge about you and casting judgement? Do you see the irony in that? No. I doubt that you would. Is a red herring the best you could come up with? Pitiful indeed. Don't be the one calling me incompetent and implying that i'm unintelligent when you are incapable of arguing rationally.

Oh and what do you know? You've just contradicted yourself again! Writing an entirely pointless reply just to make yourself look good after my post made you appear like a whiner. Please don't reply back, because i'm tired of incompetent people like yourself. If you were an intelligent individual, you wouldn't bother to think of writing anything else.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

canshow wrote:
Adapt wrote:Brilliant contribution! Moaning about someone moaning that's very contradictory.

You've had an forum account since 2009, yet only posted 47 replies, so it's fair to assume every post you've made has been about about moaning at others for pushing for bugs to be fixed.
I'm tired of incompetent people like yourself, that write entirely pointless replies just to look good.

If you were an intelligent individual you would know that great things happen for those that protest/moan.
Your observational skills are unchallenged, amazing that you've aquired such knowledge about me.

Oh yes! And my 1 post that basically telling you to quit moaning equals your multiple posts of you yourself moaning, AND warrants a personal attack. Makes perfect sense. Thank you Captain Logical.

I don't use my forum account much because i don't have much to say. And how exactly are all 47 (now 48) of my posts replies? Please, if you're going to try to appear smart and engage in an argument, try being, you know, somewhat intelligent about it? You say all of my so called "replies" are all about moaning, you call me incompetent, all without bothering to obtain a shred of evidence outside of this topic, but yet you accuse me of acquiring some unknown knowledge about you and casting judgement? Do you see the irony in that? No. I doubt that you would. Is a red herring the best you could come up with? Pitiful indeed. Don't be the one calling me incompetent and implying that i'm unintelligent when you are incapable of arguing rationally.

Oh and what do you know? You've just contradicted yourself again! Writing an entirely pointless reply just to make yourself look good after my post made you appear like a whiner. Please don't reply back, because i'm tired of incompetent people like yourself. If you were an intelligent individual, you wouldn't bother to think of writing anything else.

Lol, looks like someone hit a nerve, nice rant Canshow. Trying to repeat what hasalready been said attempting to patronize him as he had you, is all very original. Your point being, other than defending yourself from looking silly, is?

Juliette has managed to reach a understanding so maybe this "moaning" by Adapt isn't as clear cut as it looks, eh. Why don't you go and try to do something beneficial to the game instead of moaning yourself, even more so than the first post in my opinion. Shame your reply changes nothing, so you wasted your time posting back.......
Last edited by LuBu on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
canshow
Forum Newbie
Race: Assassin
ID: 82192

LuBu wrote:understanding so maybe this "moaning" by Adapt isn't as clear cut as it looks, eh. Why don't you go and try to do something beneficial to the game instead of moaning yourself, even more so than the first post in my opinion. Shame your reply changes nothing, so you wasted your time posting back.......

I've reported bugs in the past via e-mail and forum, and have had players banned for using multiple accounts. If that's not doing something beneficial to the game, then i don't know what is. I don't see what positive contribution he, or better yet, YOU, have made to stargatewars other than bug reports. And no, he didn't hit a nerve. His argument was invalid and all i did was rip it apart. If that constitutes as defending myself from looking silly, then so be it. I'm done arguing with you children. As your BFF said, leave this post to the big boys (and girls.)
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

canshow wrote:
LuBu wrote:understanding so maybe this "moaning" by Adapt isn't as clear cut as it looks, eh. Why don't you go and try to do something beneficial to the game instead of moaning yourself, even more so than the first post in my opinion. Shame your reply changes nothing, so you wasted your time posting back.......
I've reported bugs in the past via e-mail and forum, and have had players banned for using multiple accounts. If that's not doing something beneficial to the game, then i don't know what is. I don't see what positive contribution he, or better yet, YOU, have made to stargatewars other than bug reports. And no, he didn't hit a nerve. His argument was invalid and all i did was rip it apart. If that constitutes as defending myself from looking silly, then so be it. I'm done arguing with you children. As your BFF said, leave this post to the big boys (and girls.)

LOL! Children? Ripped his argument apart? You are an very amusing fellow. Don't think so big of yourself, all i've seen so far is moan, moan, moan; Oh dear that personal attack must of hurt your ego so much (i'll explain in a minute why). You must be so great, bug reporting and having players banned apparently (something a majority of players do, I must add). I've seen little or no contribution from you on this forum so far in the creation of this server.

If you think i've done so little maybe you should have a poke around the Newgrounds section some more, you may be surprised from what you find; Then again your forum activity is not so good, not surprising. So that's taken care of, i've done atleast as much as you.

You are obviously so worked up about his little "personal attack" against you to have to reply on a thread on which you offer nothing but complain about it's contents. You have said nothing against his argument but only that he was wrong about you, when in all fairness he was probably referring to you on this thread and not as a person anyhow (or even doing it light heartedly). This all, by the way, has NOTHING to do with the overall topic on hand. You did nothing but try to belittle him back, and then say he was contradicting himself without stating how.

All you have said, therefore, is "you don't know me, therefore your argument on this thread is all invalid, and i'm right even though I patronized you back while complaining that patronizing isn't competent debating". Please, show me how these replies by you is nothing more than a personal retaliation or insult.
canshow wrote:Thank you Captain Logical.
canshow wrote:Please, if you're going to try to appear smart and engage in an argument, try being, you know, somewhat intelligent about it?
canshow wrote:Don't be the one calling me incompetent and implying that i'm unintelligent when you are incapable of arguing rationally.
canshow wrote:Writing an entirely pointless reply just to make yourself look good after my post made you appear like a whiner.
As your BFF said, leave this post to the big boys (and girls.)

Seems like your reply of an argument is as incompetent and personal as his; So you can't complain about him argueing unrationally, can you now?

As i've seen on so many forums before "If you don't like something in a thread, just don't go on it, ignore it". Argueing about it's content can be just as immature as writing the original content itself. It's very amusing that you even bring up the word child taking this into account. Now get on topic, or just go away and ignore this like someone mature would.
Last edited by LuBu on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

canshow wrote:

Since you're so wise, how many moaning comments should I have waited before a personal attack? There are no rules or regulations that I know of for when you personally attack someone for being an idiot. My dear struggling friend I didn't feel the need to route through every reply you've ever made just to out smart you. I said 'it's fair to assume' but obviously you're changing my exact words just to add impact to your useless reply.

My intelligence is unmatched by your mediocre arguement. The 'unknown knowledge you aquired 'was sarcasm, so that invalidates that part of your arguement. Your post was off topic, 50% or more that read this topic will think I'm whinning but they leave without posting, so in that case with or without your comment people will have that opinion.

Whether I look good or not doesn't matter to me, it's the Internet who cares?! The only thing we are to eachother is words, so how I'm perceived doesn't phase me.
Last edited by Adapt on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[-X
Everyone behave, or be warned.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

ربهالنوع wrote:[-X

Yes ma'am :-#
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

LuBu wrote:You have said nothing against his argument but only that he was wrong about you, when in all fairness he was probably referring to you on this thread and not as a person anyhow (or even doing it light heartedly)
Kakarot wrote:The 'unknown knowledge you aquired 'was sarcasm, so that invalidates that part of your arguement.
Kakarot wrote:My dear struggling friend I didn't feel the need to route through every reply you've ever made just to out smart you. I said 'it's fair to assume' but obviously your changing my exact words just to add impact to your useless reply.

There you go, I was right canshow. He never said you WERE anything, you just presumed it and took it literally. Then went on to reply personally with no hint about the topic on hand. Hence moaning. #-o

Now, back on topic, problems with Newgrounds....

ربهالنوع wrote:[-X

Yes miss! :-"
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I can say for one that I will come back when the beta is ended and we get the real game and I can probably say with confidence that I am sure more people will come too and some of the ones who started playing will be of a similar mind set to me. Let you chaps sort the beta out and i'll play the result because we all know it really only will be what J wants it to be no matter what we say and the rest of you can comment on his work without the need for me to dirty my hands!
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

Semper wrote:I can say for one that I will come back when the beta is ended and we get the real game and I can probably say with confidence that I am sure more people will come too and some of the ones who started playing will be of a similar mind set to me. Let you chaps sort the beta out and i'll play the result because we all know it really only will be what J wants it to be no matter what we say and the rest of you can comment on his work without the need for me to dirty my hands!

See you when the game goes live! :)
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

Boom, level 8 ascended in 2 days.

Pretty easy actually. Since you keep your Naq, I just expand my bank, get 1 portion of naq from the market and 2 portions of untrained. I trained those in to Priests and pour the naq in to UP.

I'm just gonna keep this up till I reach level 18 and not invest anything anywhere else. As time goes by, Naq from market goes up so i can buy more UP each time. Should help at least a bit on the later levels.

Remember: each level of ascended gets you an extra 800 techs to spend.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

Silverburn wrote:Boom, level 8 ascended in 2 days.

Pretty easy actually. Since you keep your Naq, I just expand my bank, get 1 portion of naq from the market and 2 portions of untrained. I trained those in to Priests and pour the naq in to UP.

I'm just gonna keep this up till I reach level 18 and not invest anything anywhere else. As time goes by, Naq from market goes up so i can buy more UP each time. Should help at least a bit on the later levels.

Remember: each level of ascended gets you an extra 800 techs to spend.

I don't see how this relates to the topic whatsoever. I'll also remind you the game is in beta and may start from scratch at any time, so all that effort to get to 18 is pointless. I don't understand why people are trying to get to 18 in the long long term on beta, it bemuses me........
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

It's a great way to experiment and learn.

Since the market keeps generating more as time goes on, I can basically keep this tempo up all the way to the end. More units to get, more naq to get and thus more UP meaning faster growth to accomodate for the higher ascenscion requirements. This isn't a challenge at all.

If the game goes live and this doesn't change, anyone can get to level 18 in 2 months or so.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Lubu (Current Main name)

Silverburn wrote:It's a great way to experiment and learn.

Since the market keeps generating more as time goes on, I can basically keep this tempo up all the way to the end. More units to get, more naq to get and thus more UP meaning faster growth to accomodate for the higher ascenscion requirements. This isn't a challenge at all.

If the game goes live and this doesn't change, anyone can get to level 18 in 2 months or so.

The market turns are high in this beta for a reason, as there are still bugs about and the Naq around is high. Everyone who started beta in the last few months is currently 12th-18th ascension, as admin had put us all up every reset; Which puts a multiplier on all income (atleast 12 times more income for everyone). This includes all inactive accounts made too.

I do not agree with you at all, playing beta at the beginning I can tell you it is a lot slower than you think. The economy is messed up from the enforced ascensions. When we first started playing it took a week to get to 5, since then he has raised the max ascensions from 12 to 18 and made it longer. That is closer to a year for 18, with more able to be added to make it 21 like the main. It is fine how it is.

Do not base it on a currently broken economy, where Naq income is over 10x (probably closer to 25x now with the increased inflation) higher than it should be.
Dark Hero
Forum Expert
Alliance: Truly Infidel
Race: FRA + other monkeys
ID: 20558

LuBu wrote:
Silverburn wrote:It's a great way to experiment and learn.

The market turns are high in this beta for a reason, as there are still bugs about and the Naq around is high. Everyone who started beta in the last few months is currently 12th-18th ascension, as admin had put us all up every reset; Which puts a multiplier on all income (atleast 12 times more income for everyone). This includes all inactive accounts made too.

I do not agree with you at all, playing beta at the beginning I can tell you it is a lot slower than you think. The economy is messed up from the enforced ascensions. When we first started playing it took a week to get to 5, since then he has raised the max ascensions from 12 to 18 and made it longer. That is closer to a year for 18, with more able to be added to make it 21 like the main. It is fine how it is.

Do not base it on a currently broken economy, where Naq income is over 10x (probably closer to 25x now with the increased inflation) higher than it should be.

Those that started the game without ascending once should be at 11th ascension level right now :)

Don't know what was the go with ridiculous increase in markets before this reset (roughly doubled before start of following market turn change), hope that got fixed up now.

Btw, main has 23 ascensions.
Spoiler
Awards:
Spoiler
Presenting Vicariously:
Spoiler
Andy says: (12:15:34 PM)
i thought singapore was in china >.>

Dark Hero says: (12:15:41 PM)
AHAHAHAHA

Andy says: (12:15:41 PM)
or is that japan