Arena related bugs go HERE

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
bina
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Omega
ID: 1977210

Re: Arena related bugs go HERE

Sol wrote:
bina wrote:
Sol wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Sol wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Sol wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:Just a tiny bug.
13:50:12 on 9th Mar SquirrelWrangler [TAF] 7
13:20:09 on 9th Mar Bina [Dragon Company] 8
08:31:40 on 9th Mar Calesta [The Legion] Guildy [TDD] 9
06:52:07 on 9th Mar Forcee [MaYHeM] Illyria [of the Old Ones] 10
05:52:19 on 9th Mar [AG] Thor [Tauri Alliance] Duck Dodgers [~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~] 11

Hasn't been 12 hours since there were 10 players, yet 2 were dropped.
Hasn't been 12 hours since the 1st person dropped for me to drop again.
Says it's based on who is least active, yet I've been using my ATs as fast as I generate them.
Still haven't gotten any planets from any kills.
ATs generated after less than 10 players was halved instead of doubled.
Attack logs nor Spy logs are working yet/still.

at's should be fine, attack logs etc is a bit fuzzy, i may not go through with it, it tends to take up too much resources from teh comput0rz and that double kill in one hour is a bit odd...just see if it happens again...

It's kind of **Filtered** for bina and myself since we've been in it this long and both got kicked out now in a way that the rules do not describe.

Bina not really, you on the other hand maybe, i'll force you back in, in about half an hour.

Thanks for the help. I noticed this about an hour later on phone in restaurant eating dinner, was surprised I was able to save myself to get back home. :smt047 Fun times now...

Also, can you give an idea of what attack types are used for the activity rule for auto kick?

you should be in now, with the earliest record of what you had.
Activity is just anything excluding recon and GQ. But based on turns.

So if it hadnt been 12 hours since there were 10 people how come he gets put back in and i dont? its not exactly fair

its been twice now iv been knocked out by a bug

...and the player that is least active (measured from how much they attack)
will be removed from the arena (happens at set points in time, every 12 hours)....

Not a bug. And it's just easier to work it like that.

if thats the case then there should be a count down from when the 10th player is eliminated and a way to tell where you are rank wise in the amount of turns used. Im pretty damn annoyed tbh as i was just about to build up for a little rampage but alas im kicked out because the rules could be interpretted differently to how its "supposed" to be. I'm going to bed now its 5am and im cranky :smt019
Jim wrote:She killed you with her gaze.

MEDUSA!!! MEDUSAAAAAAAAAA!

*finds a mirror*
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

bina wrote:
Sol wrote:
...and the player that is least active (measured from how much they attack)
will be removed from the arena (happens at set points in time, every 12 hours)....

Not a bug. And it's just easier to work it like that.

if thats the case then there should be a count down from when the 10th player is eliminated and a way to tell where you are rank wise in the amount of turns used. Im pretty damn annoyed tbh as i was just about to build up for a little rampage but alas im kicked out because the rules could be interpretted differently to how its "supposed" to be. I'm going to bed now its 5am and im cranky :smt019

there doesnt have to be. Keeps people on edge.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Got kicked again with less than 100 ats left, implying that I was somewhat active. Might be good to look at that again, as I think it has a bug where sabbing is not counted either (a majority of my turns used) or there's another bug related to those who are kicked. That said, I am fine with being 5th. Jim got his comeuppance, too bad I could not see it through to the end. :-D
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Thank you for the planets admin J :) I was getting a bit concerned. It was a nice welcome home gift after working all night, and spending a few hours playing the michael jackson experience on wii with my bff and some other friends :)

Unfortunately they came far too late for me to get the most kills on arena ;) Nice work Thor you are a beast!
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Borek
Forum Addict

i'd have to point out that if people are being booted based on turns used during the arena then anyone who starts at the beginning and keeps their turns at less than 1k *should* never get booted, anyone who is forced in when the arena entry closes is pretty much guaranteed never to make it to the last 3 regardless of how many they spend.

IMO you need another way to determine who is the least active, i'd like to see Kills and total damage done factored in. As it stands you can be 1st person into the Arena, never get a kill and just sit around sabbing people constantly which doesn't even kill any enemy planets and you will have more chance than most to make it into the final 3.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Thank you sol for winding bina up -_- now I have to listen to her ranting about it -_-

But I do agree with what others have said, booting based on turns used sucks. Its not like the arena was deadlocked anywhos... Perhaps it should be changed to "If nobody has been eliminated in the past 12 hours, the lowest ranked player is booted." Rather than punishing players who are clearly active

Oh and can someone explain the change in covert planets needed to successfully sab someone? As far as I can tell, its what would normally need to be sent divided by 10. Is this correct? If so, why wasnt planets lost while sabbing simply reduced tenfold rather than power needed reduced tenfold? Seems silly that a 100m planets can sab 1b planets...

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

marshall wrote:Thank you sol for winding bina up -_- now I have to listen to her ranting about it -_-

But I do agree with what others have said, booting based on turns used sucks. Its not like the arena was deadlocked anywhos... Perhaps it should be changed to "If nobody has been eliminated in the past 12 hours, the lowest ranked player is booted." Rather than punishing players who are clearly active

Oh and can someone explain the change in covert planets needed to successfully sab someone? As far as I can tell, its what would normally need to be sent divided by 10. Is this correct? If so, why wasnt planets lost while sabbing simply reduced tenfold rather than power needed reduced tenfold? Seems silly that a 100m planets can sab 1b planets...

I would agree with the being kicked. Maybe make it if none have been killed in 12 hours, that the person with the lowest planets is kicked. That way as long as there is action going on, it doesn't come into play and there is no guessing about who would go.

Sabbing is not that simple I believe, I honestly have no idea just that it's very weird in how it's done.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
ID: 12759

I kinda like sabbing be so overpowered in the tournament...maybe make it a little less effective. In normal ascended fighting, sabbing is pointless because you can just go hit someone on your farm list and immediately buy back all the weapons you would have lost. In the tournament, it really allows for another avenue of fighting. Maybe make the formula easier to understand, but I'd keep it relatively cheap.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

sabbing hasn't changed in or out of the tournament. No functions have been changed for the arena, with the exception of descending, which was only disabled.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Sol wrote:sabbing hasn't changed in or out of the tournament. No functions have been changed for the arena, with the exception of descending, which was only disabled.

No one is saying it has changed. We have already established this. What is being said by math and others is that it gives a whole new strategy in arena, and it needs to be fixed both inside and outside of the arena.

I believe it should cost more deaths for the sabber. But, this is a topic for a suggestion, not a bug, since it is clearly a "feature" utilized by some.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Sol wrote:sabbing hasn't changed in or out of the tournament. No functions have been changed for the arena, with the exception of descending, which was only disabled.

No one is saying it has changed. We have already established this. What is being said by math and others is that it gives a whole new strategy in arena, and it needs to be fixed both inside and outside of the arena.

Sorry read the whole 'sabbing is overpowered in the tourney' as it may have been accidentally changed.

Anyway, next arena the whole 'after there are 10 players people start getting knocked off' ordeal will be disabled, the arena seems to do ok without it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Tournament Discussion”